Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

I got a chance to drop off a few parts... Intake tube is sitting in place .. air filter will be a tight fit .. also I got a call from the driveshaft place and was told it was ready for pick up ... 3 hours after I dropped it off ! =] driveshaft went in perfect ... More work to come this Thursday ... Here are a few pics ..

Shortened and balanced driveshaft:

IMAG0041.jpg

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more updates... Thursday i was able to succesfully connect both the upper and lower radiator hose... also connected the intake tube... mounted the fuel pump... ran the feed line (need to run return line) started the wiring... most of the connections under the hood are done...

to do:

go to junk yard and get a throttle cable, maf plug, ignition module/coil, shifter handle

buy new o-rings for the injectors

get exhaust pipe ran and connected

finish wiring the can am wiring box

So this weekend i headed over to the junk yard and picked up a few missing items i needed.. (Ignition Coil, Ignition module, MAF, and plug for the MAF.

They have all been installed and the return fuel line has been ran and connected.

This coming weekend I will be bolting up the driveshaft, mounting the clutch slave and doing some wiring.

No new pics.. =[

are the rims in those pics the same as the ones in ur sig? do u have rubbing issues?

Yea they are the same ones... I just painted them black and polished the lip ... The rear rub a little on hard bumps ..both front and rear fenders have been rolled to help with rubbing ..

Yea they are the same ones... I just painted them black and polished the lip ... The rear rub a little on hard bumps ..both front and rear fenders have been rolled to help with rubbing ..

thanks! i dont think my libres ahng out as far as those but i plan on going low so i was just curious.

ur car looks awesome. keep up the good work.

Well I didnt work on the car really this weekend... but i did put in the air filter .. lol.. heres the most recent picture of the car with the air filter installed along with the wiring harness. The harness is going into the cabin right behind the fuel lines... kinda hard to see in these pics... ill get some better ones one of these days...

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

UPDATE:

Well I can now say the only thing left for this beast to fire up is the wiring and exhaust... today i finished running the return fuel line, bolted up clutch slave, fixed the alternator, ordered and installed a shorter belt for the alternator/waterpump, added some isolators on the front springs since it was metal on metal and screetched really bad, installed the short shifter and bolted up the driveshaft...

tommorow i will be adding in the fluids and start the wiring...

more updates... i began the wiring and most of it is done... i just didnt have any wire to give power to the fuel pump nor the starter solenoid... all others are connected to can/am wiring box... i have filled the beast with coolant... filled transmission with oil and all interior is back together... im hoping to take it to an exhaust shop this week so they can run/connect it... and possibly give it its first attempt to start her up...

Hope all goes well first time I fired my KA everything was way outta whack idle tps maf codes galore! Lol also make sure ya get the air outta the cooling system they tend to air lock easy so watch the temp. Just a heads up in case ya didn't know.

Hope all goes well first time I fired my KA everything was way outta whack idle tps maf codes galore! Lol also make sure ya get the air outta the cooling system they tend to air lock easy so watch the temp. Just a heads up in case ya didn't know.

Haha thanks for the heads up... I'm ready to expect the worst lol... How did you wire yours ?

Update:

I have completely wired the car up including the fuel pump. All that is left is wire up the alternator to the original harness and get the exhaust connected.

All the fluids are in... maybe this weekend i will attempt to get her started up.... I am going to have the exhaust connected tommorow time permitting... if I get it done tommorow, I shall try cranking her on... so close yet so far...

Just to make sure, when wiring the can am wiring box, i de-pin the black with white stripe wires (109,38 & 47) from the ecu connector and connect them to the can am box right??

More updates... I got the exhaust done today along with the o2 sensor... It got ran straight down instead of thru the inner fender... It took the guy about 4 hours from beginning to end... Came out pretty good ... I will get pictures tomorrow ... All is done pretty much ... Just haven't fired it up yet... I opened the key and all the lights on the can am wiring box came on ... So far good signs... Tomorrow it will get its first attempt to fire up... Wish me luck guys...