Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

Good to see you got the motor in. To adjust the blade position, pick the arm that settles lowest when shut off and adjust upwards slightly. It may take 2 tries but it works! After they clear on the upward stroke, the downward stroke is the tricky one.

Woohoo! got it all straightened out... Thank you Mike.

just need new wiper blades.. they are completely dried out and falling apart.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I daily a 240sx with a KA24E and I've been lurking the site for several months now. After I SR the 240 I plan to somewhat build the KA and put it in either a 510, or if I get lucky, a 411. I just wanted to be sure you knew that your build has given me unthinkable amounts of motivation. Thanks a ton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,I have been offline for quite some time now. Just looked through the build so far. Looks awesome. I was wondering where you got the velocity stacks for the SU carbs.(Or if you still have them and would sell them) We have played around with building a set,but havent been happy with anything yet.I cant get the rounded edges to come out as the same finish as the rest. Thanks alot! Also,what is the size/offset on your wheels?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,I have been offline for quite some time now. Just looked through the build so far. Looks awesome. I was wondering where you got the velocity stacks for the SU carbs.(Or if you still have them and would sell them) We have played around with building a set,but havent been happy with anything yet.I cant get the rounded edges to come out as the same finish as the rest. Thanks alot! Also,what is the size/offset on your wheels?

Sorry for the late reply... my computer took a good one early this month.. as for the velocity stacks, i used a set that came off a 280z... i just had to slightly elongate the mounting holes and the screws went right in.. I no longer have them as they were included with the motor when i sold it.

As for the offset on the wheels, im not sure..they fit and i threw them on lol

^^^^^ i was just gonna ask about your wheels as to someone beat me to it. lol. do u know the make of them atleast. maybe i can see what sizes they offer to compare. the offset is tricky for me and dont wanna go buy rims without knowing exactly. your ride is coming along really well. i was gonna do the ka swap outta my 240 coupe but im just gonna leave it since i beat it anyways and use it for drifting at the track.

So ive decided to take on a big project, I was able to pick up a ka24e complete swap for $350 in which i have planned in putting in in my 411 SSS. The original motor is for sale in the for sale section. I was looking around to see if anyone has done any kind of swaps for these cars but but didnt find any results. Does anyone know or have done any kind of swaps on these cars that can give me pointers to make the swap a little easier? I will be posting my progress here as soon as the R16 motor and trans sale and the wrenching begins.

this is how the car currently sits.

DSC05709.jpg

JCCS2010-128_NissanBluebird_Datsun411.jpg

JCCS2010-134_NissanBluebird_Datsun411.jpg

JCCS2010-137_NissanBluebird_Datsun411.jpg

I like you SSS.

• 3 months later...

Well after todays 10 mile drive on the rain, I thought it was a good idea to get my Wipers working... With minor modifications to the bracket, they are on and working as before the swap... See video below of them in action... Just need minor adjustments to the arms as they are touching at the tips when meeting...

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

Nice. Although the KA takes up more room than J13 or R16, it doesn't totally block the wiper mount like my L20b does.

engine.jpg

Guess I need to go back to R16 or install a KA24! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So..... I got even a better deal on a running KA24de complete swap...$300 for it all including megan header and a 240sx radiator which I will not be able to use.... My plans is to build a high compression motor with cams or build it for boost and run a t3 turbo.... What do you guys think ?

share.jpg

so if I am reading this right the plan is to shoe horn it in with a turbo :cool: :thumbup: :devil: might need to upgrade the rear diff

are you kidding... the 41ss has a h190 in it. much bigger than a stock 510 sedan diff. and its the same diff as a 510 wagon.

I'm with gzilla on rolling it stock. Seems like to much more and your going to be fighting the car to keep it on the road. BUT,,, there is no replacement for displacement...

ggzilla was talking about just puting the ka24de in the engine bay as is instead of building the engine into a power house

erich I was thinking LSD differential with rear disk brakes

then thats putting a traction aid in and upgrading brakes, most think a bigger diff. like upgrading a 510 diff means putting a r200 in most of the time