-BODY DROPPED 72' 521-

yeah its on the ground being me sitting 4 1/2 inches off of it when its dropped, the aluminum seats are the only thing letting me be able to drive it when its done, the center console/tunnel makes it like a cockpit on both sides , kinda reminds me of an airplane inside

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lovin the build and truck so far!! And I shure am jelous of the roatry,I had originaly planed to do a 12a or 13b but stuck with the tiny 13j just for the coolness factor of the tiny motor,but that thing is not worthy of the interstates as I found out this summer,lol, also u can roll 16gauge,it takes a few times threw the roller but it will be crazy sturdy when done,I also cross braced mine the other direction to keep away from any flex

DSC03172.jpg

datsun007.jpg

Looks good man, when I first came on this site your truck was the first one I checked out, I scoped the whole build out, its pretty damn rad with the stock paint and everything, I didn't wanna wear my bead roller out lol its just a mitler bros one and I figured it will get carpet covering up the niceness anyways, under 60 days on this is no joke, a lot of hours already!

Damn I wish mine was a king cab, I finished most of the cab last night, hoping to have it done today and also start notching the bed to fit, gonna be busy today

gonna be busey?

gary-busey-evicted.jpg

also got bored last night and built a door panel, here is some of my bead rolling

doorpanel.jpgdoorpanel2.jpgdoorpanel3.jpgdoorpanel4.jpg

bead rolling is super clean, i take it u have the mb with the electric feed on the pedal? quick tip i learned a while back, if u wrap the edges of ur dies in electrical tape u wont get the scratch line an inch in from the edge of the die when u roll it. just a thought. love how the door handle is in the top section with it rolled around the hole, most ppl woodnt have thought of that

I was noticing the dimpling around the handle shafts.........did you dimple it with a die in the press or bead roll that small hole? The edge of the panel....again..how? I've owned a bead roller for a couple of years and I've never pulled it out of the box. :)

thanks guys the hole is dimpled w a 1" dimple die the kind with a bolt through it, i have a pattern for the door panles and could easily make a bunch of them up but didnt give it any thought, ive done tape on the edges as well also a nylatron set of step dies, but with it bare die i can get better lines, i like seeing it perfectly as i feed it in (makes a straighter line), here are some updates, im sure there will be some every night this week :cool:

tabs.jpgtabs1.jpgtabs2.jpg