-BODY DROPPED 72' 521-

ITS A 1972, JUST PICKED IT UP IN LAUGHLIN THIS PAST WEEKEND, ITS A FRAME OFF BUILD, ALREADY TORN DOWN AND CHOPPED UP. ITS GETTING A NEW REAR CHASSI, CUSTOM FLOOR AND TUNNEL BODY DROP, SHAVING ROCKER PANELS OFF, IT HAS AN L20B WITH A 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY, PUTTING IT ON 18 TITAN WHEELS FOR NOW HOPING TO BUILD IT TO FIT 20'S, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! IVE BEEN BUILDING OFF ROAD RACE PARTS AND VEHICLES FOR 10 YEARS , KINDA NEVER WAS INTO THE MINI TRUCK SCENE, BUT I LOVE THIS LIL TRUCK!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT TRYING TO BE ONE OF "THOSE" GUYS, BUT THAT IS CLEARLY AN L-SERIES TRANNY, WHICH WAS NEVER PRODUCED AS A 6 SPEED.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ANYWAY!

I don't know if nissan made a 6 speed transmission that bolted to the 1980 L20b case such as the napZ type transmission which will all the way threw 86, but if you expand/enlarge the tranny in the area where the tailshaft bolts to the front case, the tail section is abnormally long where the 5th and rev. gears are, there is also a drain plug in a strange place/tilted, maybe a napZ type transmission was bolted to the L block(been told it can be done) and if you look really close to the bottom of the tilted tailshaft there is a flat area that looks like it could have a drain plug or something, this flat area doesn't exist on my 5 spds. That whole transmission is tilted to about 10:30 on the clock. I wonder if the stick shift is tilted also. I'm thinking this is some kind of hybrid transmission. Did nissan make a 6 speed in the 90s? wayno

I don't know if nissan made a 6 speed transmission that bolted to the 1980 L20b case such as the napZ type transmission which will all the way threw 86, but if you expand/enlarge the tranny in the area where the tailshaft bolts to the front case, the tail section is abnormally long where the 5th and rev. gears are, there is also a drain plug in a strange place/tilted, maybe a napZ type transmission was bolted to the L block(been told it can be done) and if you look really close to the bottom of the tilted tailshaft there is a flat area that looks like it could have a drain plug or something, this flat area doesn't exist on my 5 spds. That whole transmission is tilted to about 10:30 on the clock. I wonder if the stick shift is tilted also. I'm thinking this is some kind of hybrid transmission. Did nissan make a 6 speed in the 90s? wayno

I don't think they did, but you could be right, could be some hybrid of some sorts. You can bolt a napz tranny to an L-motor, but I think the tilt is wrong. The napz bellhousing is what I used to bolt the 280zx tranny to my ka24e motor when I built my truck to get the tilt right.

I don't think they did, but you could be right, could be some hybrid of some sorts. You can bolt a napz tranny to an L-motor, but I think the tilt is wrong. The napz bellhousing is what I used to bolt the 280zx tranny to my ka24e motor when I built my truck to get the tilt right.

If you use the 1980 720 4 or 5 speed front case(L20b), you can put it on any of the napZ 5 speed transmissions, if you put the 80 case on a 85 shortshaft 2wd 720 transmission, you can use it in a 521 and have the shifter come out the stock shifter hole and the tilt will be right. wayno