Custom Datsun Carbon Fiber Wraps for the Pacific NW

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That dash is sick...

Is the silver line around the CF raised or flush with the CF, is it metal or vinyl, can you take a close up pic?

Do you have an estiamte on what this dash insert would cost?

This is actually the factory "Doo-Doo Brown" bezel with the raised faded Silver trim...

I prepped the dash then wrapped the outside trim in Brushed Aluminum and the center is in Dry Carbon... Notice that the Grant Steering Wheel trim is not the original silver painted trim but has been wrapped in Brushed Aluminum as well...

Now I tend to be a "Habitual Mind Changer" so I have a few more extra dash bezels and I'm thinking of leaving this one like this as is and wrapping another in the opposite and then another one the exact same but wrapping the gauge ducts in Brushed as well... So many ways with so many skills and a bunch of spare bezels and grills...

REAL TALK.... what else would you guys like to see for a dash bezel??

I gonna wrap another one in a certain woodgrain too just for shits and giggles... It's better then the Stock Doo-Doo Brown or Spray Painted chipped up abused bezel... LOL But I'd like to hear more Input people... Input!

Thanks and by the way this is not a fun simple dash to wrap... Notice around the Windshield wiper switch and Cig Lighter... Now Imagine seeing me wrap a CrotchRocket Ferring... Stay Tuned for one of my next videos I have coming soon as I'm getting prepped for wrapping my entire 620's exterior in Dry Carbon Fiber... 1-Up on that haha

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

So it's been awhile since I've been on Ratsun but I STILL love my Datsuns!!

Other than that here's the latest video on my Custom Dry Carbon Fiber and Brushed Aluminum Wraps!!

I can do nearly anything in multiple other wraps that aren;t shown so check out the shop and call!!

Here's one of my Datsuns in the Mix... so... DO IT!!

http://facebook.com/...lassperformance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVAlwkctP8

• Like 2

this was great. not the wrap but the crap talkin. sorry. lol. i myself dont do advertising cus i dont have anything to advertise. but carbon wrap, meening like "sticker". not very many people have the accessablitly like i do towards composites. REAL carbon. in home shop. i just saw a jdm acura had tons of neat lil things done to it and was right hand drive asking 5500 for it. but what killed it for me big time was seeing all the fake ass carbon dash, handles, mirros, and almost everything else in it. show car quality shoot to shit from my point of view. never in my 411 will you see that. never ever ever. im done. :) can i say refer to #1 or is that to soon. lmao.

• Like 1

this was great. not the wrap but the crap talkin. sorry. lol. i myself dont do advertising cus i dont have anything to advertise. but carbon wrap, meening like "sticker". not very many people have the accessablitly like i do towards composites. REAL carbon. in home shop. i just saw a jdm acura had tons of neat lil things done to it and was right hand drive asking 5500 for it. but what killed it for me big time was seeing all the fake ass carbon dash, handles, mirros, and almost everything else in it. show car quality shoot to shit from my point of view. never in my 411 will you see that. never ever ever. im done. :) can i say refer to #1 or is that to soon. lmao.

Its cool, its your opinion and your entitled to that... Oh and I do real Carbon Composites as well...

I've been glassing since 1992 and doing real Carbon since 1998 but some people can't afford the real CF...

Some people can't afford a Infiniti but hey, theres always a Datsun lol...

In my opinion, I would never own a 411 but hey "Agree to Disagree"

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Its cool, its your opinion and your entitled to that... Oh and I do real Carbon Composites as well...

I've been glassing since 1992 and doing real Carbon since 1998 but some people can't afford the real CF...

Some people can't afford a Infiniti but hey, theres always a Datsun lol...

In my opinion, I would never own a 411 but hey "Agree to Disagree"

lol sorry man wasnt trying to rag on your stuff.

• 6 months later...

This only took me about 2 hours of prep, 30 min of filling in some holes and cracks, then 1 hour to wrap it...

I just wrapped my 620's ABS Dash Cap yesterday so I'll be posting up pics later today...

If you have any questions its easier to ask me on my shop phone 253-592-2697 and be sure to add my shop page on facebook too http://facebook.com/...lassperformance

I really like the look of the brushed aluminum on the bezel. If you were to do this again, about how much we talking. At $50 bucks/hr this is like $175... right? Though you might charge more or less per hour.

I'd prefer to get an idea of the costs first... so we don't waste any of each others time. Thx

And I don't do Facebook... never will. :)

• 2 months later...

I really like the look of the brushed aluminum on the bezel. If you were to do this again, about how much we talking. At $50 bucks/hr this is like $175... right? Though you might charge more or less per hour.

I'd prefer to get an idea of the costs first... so we don't waste any of each others time. Thx

And I don't do Facebook... never will. :)

Sorry for such a late response but it really just depends on the condition of your bezel really. Prep, filling... But generally it run a $150+ depending on which type of brushed materials we use... I now have titanium, steel and a couple other styles in 1080p 3M wraps. Contact info is the previous reply but its faster to get ahold of my shops direct... If Facebook isn't your thing (which is cool), check out some of my youtube videos to at http://youtube.com/nichaulass

Thanks,

NicHaulAss

253-592-2697

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey nick, did you ever end up wrapping the exterior of your 620??

I've only wrapped certain areas but not yet... I have so many other rides I'm building at my shop as well as customer's rides, so that ones been still being used as great reliable truck instead of show-car status... I just slapped on my Weber 40DCOE on recently but hopefully after I'm done with my S30 and then this other 71 El Camino I'm almost done with... its next inline

I really like this Nick, i love black chrome, Hope you don't mind me posting this here

I don't mind at all... My shops do so many other mods for rides that its cool... Just wait til I black chrome everything on my 240z and 620

Thanks, everyone has their opinion... but how many post up pics of their work?? hint hint.... LOL

I also dont use Car Audio Copper Cable... that stuff rots out... I use 0/2 AWG Silver Tinned Cables... The main reason I ever even discovered this is from an old 280z I had (which alot of you Datsun Mechanics would understand the Factory Grounds are SHIT lol) over 10 years ago and I added my own custom grounding network... TRY IT!!

.... then how is it I'm getting 38 MPGs City in my current 620

I have a 280Z with a Megasquirt ECU; I am curious what sort of benefits are found with renewing the grounding network. Have some more information?

• 1 month later...

I have a 280Z with a Megasquirt ECU; I am curious what sort of benefits are found with renewing the grounding network. Have some more information?

Actually my first ride that I discovered this mishap on was a 280z... It makes a world of a difference in the scrawny 3 point ground system versus my 14 point system... See more about it on my facebook page and contact me direct for details... I'm never on this site lol

http://facebook,.com/nichaulassperformance

• 2 months later...