Anti-Theft

Well After Loosing My Keys :crying: And Figuring Out How Easy It Is To Steal My Own Truck I Started Looking Around And Not Finding Much About How To Keep Your Ratto Safe

Anyone Know How To Make Your Datsun Hard To Steal? :confused:

I Already Made A Switch That Cuts Power To Fuel Pump And Hid It

Are There Any Aftermarket Ignition Switches Out There That Won't Turn On With Just A Knife? (Seriously :rofl:)

BTW I Found My Keys An Hour Later, In My Pocket :blush:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will work if it's seen by the thief, otherwise there's some expensive damage.

Right rear is retarded.

anti-theft.jpg

Well really cheap you can pull the plug under the steering column that goes to the ignition switch. No power to the switch = no start signal, no ignition spark. Make sure you tuck the wires up so it isn't obvious. Anyone without any protection should do this..... minimum.

A simple hidden switch to interrupt power to the dizzy. It will crank but won't start.

A simple hidden switch to interrupt power to the starter solenoid, won't crank, but could be jumpered easily under the hood.

I had an old 620 headlight switch hidden under the flatbed. There's parking lights and headlights switches in one. Pull the switch out and it connected the power to the dizzy AND connected the interior lights to a relay that would ground the horn relay to turn it on. If you opened the door the door switch would ground through the switch turning the horn relay ON. Fuck it's loud!!!!! Even if you jump in it won't start. The last thing some little fuck expects when he's tensely doing a B&E is a loud horn blast.

My suzuki swift GTi has a kill switch and if you try to turn the key while it is off, a siren will blast. Every time I use it I forget and get back in the car and blast myself! Thankfully where I live is a very low theft area. But I am worried now that I have a 510. Especially with Transformers coming out with a 4-door dime Bumblebee.

This will work if it's seen by the thief, otherwise there's some expensive damage.

Right rear is retarded.

anti-theft.jpg

Well really cheap you can pull the plug under the steering column that goes to the ignition switch. No power to the switch = no start signal, no ignition spark. Make sure you tuck the wires up so it isn't obvious. Anyone without any protection should do this..... minimum.

A simple hidden switch to interrupt power to the dizzy. It will crank but won't start.

A simple hidden switch to interrupt power to the starter solenoid, won't crank, but could be jumpered easily under the hood.

I had an old 620 headlight switch hidden under the flatbed. There's parking lights and headlights switches in one. Pull the switch out and it connected the power to the dizzy AND connected the interior lights to a relay that would ground the horn relay to turn it on. If you opened the door the door switch would ground through the switch turning the horn relay ON. Fuck it's loud!!!!! Even if you jump in it won't start. The last thing some little fuck expects when he's tensely doing a B&E is a loud horn blast.

Hey datzenmike, Can you PM me diagrams on both those hook ups. (the door switch to the horn and the hidden switch to cut out the dizzy) I want the thief proof my 74' 620 as much as I can and I like those two ideas.

I got a grenade shift knob from 67 411 and love the thing. It got me thinking about how awsum having a live grenade would be. Really go ahead and steal the car beacuse you know that dumb thief will inevitably pull the pin and won't have time to figure out what'd going to happen next lol. I know Someone who wired a kill switch under the seat and I've heard of running it off the cig lighter too cause who would figure that out?

Zeusimo, whats the deal with capitalizing every letter of every word in the sentence, as in title form? Just seems odd.

Lol You're The Third Person Who's Said That To Me

I Just Cant Type Without My Pinky Hitting The Shift Key At The Beginning Of Every Word

It's A Bad Habit Like When Someone Bites Their Fingernails Without Even Noticing <_<

Hey datzenmike, Can you PM me diagrams on both those hook ups. (the door switch to the horn and the hidden switch to cut out the dizzy) I want the thief proof my 74' 620 as much as I can and I like those two ideas.

Well I had a flatbed truck you could easily reach under for the hidden switch. Harder on a reg truck or car without it being obvious what you're doing.

For a 620 ('74)

Just find the (Light Green) horn wire on the steering column, (part of the turn signal assy.) and join, don't cut, a wire to it. Run that to your fill switch and from the switch to the driver's side door light switch. With the kill switch on, or armed, anytime the door is opened the horn relay is grounded by the door switch and turns the horns on. Works for the driver's door, probably the pass side door too don't remember, should. Make sure the door switches are good.

I had a second switch to disable the ignition in the same spot but it's easier to mount somewhere in the vehicle.Find the Black/Red wire coming from the ignition switch and find a convenient place to cut and splice a switch into this line. Switch must be on for ignition to have power.

To disable the starter find the Black/Yellow wirs coming from the ignition switch and find a convenient place to cut and splice a switch into this line. Switch must be on for starter solenoid to have power.

No measures can totally prevent theft by a determined thief who has time. A vehicle can be pushed down the block and worked on too! The trick is to make this harder to do and or slow them down. Often it is a crime of convenience.... make it inconvenient! I used to slip the transfer case into neutral too hoping they wouldn't notice.

Vice grips on the steering column....

Your visegrips will work on this?

5df8afd0.jpg

Seriously folks. Invest in some sort of theft deterrent. $100-200 is nothing when compared to losing your wheels,stereo system,broken glass, etc....

The "alphalock" clamps on your wheel. The other deal locks/disables your brake. I had a piece of square tubing added to it so it disables both your brake and clutch pedal.

274c772a.jpg

I purchased this stuff after someone tried stealing my 521. Good thing I had disabled it only days before. Fvck Tweeker Thieves!!!