Hi! I'm new here.

Here goes:

My name is Mikey Souza, I'm 23, live in Reno,NV and I'm a Capricorn.

Interests include: Drumming, building things (anything really) physics, circus arts, Datsuns, and old Suzuki Motorcycles.

I've been around Datsuns, basically since I was born. My dad was a tech at a dealer in so-cal when the Zs came out, & had a garage here in Reno (Smokey's foreign car if there are any local guys) specializing in modifying Datsuns, and older Toyotas for almost 20 years.

I started helping him tear Z cars apart for rebuilding when I was about 6 or 7, started figuring out how to put them back together at around 10.

My first car was a 74 260 with massive steel flares, an L28 and a lexan airdam. Since then I've had 70 240, a 72 240 a 78 280 (until recently, more on that later) and a 79 620 longbox (current)

sweet, now for pics.

my 620 loaded with lumber for a Burning Man project (only shot I have of it ATM)

2010-07-24170700.jpg

..and the 280 I mentioned earlier:

01JUN07042.jpg

how it sat as of 2 days ago:

IMG_20101114_154540.jpg

The story with this 280 is, its my baby, out of all the Zs I've had this has been my favorite, but due to my ass being unemployed and BROKE, I had to sell it to a friend so I could pay rent.

the kicker is, it was apart. So not only do i have to sell it, I've been working on it for 8 hours a day for the last 5 days to put it back together for someone else lol

On the bright side, the agreement was that I could buy it back, short notice, as soon as I get my shit together again.

and finally on the non-Datsun front is my 2 owner '75 914 1.8. pretty, but I swear this thing is Hitler's revenge. ever go from working on a datto to a Porsche? Its awful.

Porche_leaving.jpg

So thats my life story. Glad to be part of Ratsun, I like the way y'all do things around here.

-Mikey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay, another longbed! they do exist!

I have an '82 Suzuki GS1100E. I haven't seen another one here in Boise yet.

Welcome.

They do seem to be few and far between, dont they?

Right now Im slowly buying up parts for a vintage supermoto buildup on a 79 SP370 single. I also got my hands on a cheap 83 sp500. runs great, but no title, so im thinking of building a spine framed street tracker with gs550 mag wheels. Too many irons in the fire. lol

also, I think my apostrophe key just went out.

Welcome to ratsun...........us longbed guys are a rare breed...........love seeing a 620lb loaded down.......Anyone up for "longbox4life" tattoos? Noone? ok just checking.

Welcome to ratsun, good to have you.

Bill

I'd get one.

Thank y'all for the warm welcome! I've been on a few datto forums over the years, and this one seems to be more my speed. Cant do the usual, sterile, car forum pissing contest any more. no Datsun is an island lol

Guest kamakazi620

I'd get one.

Thank y'all for the warm welcome! I've been on a few datto forums over the years, and this one seems to be more my speed. Cant do the usual, sterile, car forum pissing contest any more. no Datsun is an island lol

Just remember,Say something stupid and be FLAMED!!!!!,But we flame with LOVE baby!!!!!!! Welcome to RATSUN YO!!!!