My '87 Nissan Vanette (aka GC22)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I performed all the recalls as well as prepping them for the crusher.

We had a satellite parking lot filled with them and got into a bit of trouble explaining how 3 of them got rolled on thier sides in one night and the rest got dented up.

If the front shocks were bad, you could hop the front wheels off the ground as well as do stoppies that lifted the rears off the ground.

Some of the vans coming in to be crushed were in pristine condition and one mechanic quickly ran out and bought a really beat up one for 100 bucks and only had to wait a week before one came in that was of identical trim and color..........so he just swapped the number plates and even went as far as welding the "pristine donor" van's plates on the firewall into his stripper and even matching the paint and vice versa.

This netted him a cherry vannette for a weekend's worth of labor and 100 bucks..........and a bit of risk.

I pulled about 18 perfect captains chairs (all blue but two were red) and arranged them in a circle in my basement which brought much party fun and hijinks as the bases were small enough that more than a few people spilled out of them.

van2.jpg

• 2 months later...

C-200 rear with 2 pinion standard tranny 4.375 and auto 4.625 ratios or 4 pinion 4.625 ratio. The 5 speeds were RS5W71C the R was for 'remote' shifter.

The oil pan is a front sump and is over to the pass side somewhat like the 4x4 pans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

lots of realestate for your bitchin stickers there Goki! Congrats!

Thanks Fisch! I know I'll be putting my previous sticker designs on them...along with a few new ones I'll have available soon.

As for future designs....we'll see~~ TONS of real estate for sure!!

Curious how your gonna fix the overheating issues. :P

Before I acquired the van, it looks like some or most of the recalls were already performed. There are stickers on the door sill saying that the vehicle already had the recalls performed.

My mechanic also said that there doesnt seem to be further issues. I really havent gotten to drive it yet as I bought it in an inoperable condtion, so I'm real excited to drive it too!

if it seems like there still is an overheating issue, I might just add some electric cooling fans to it.... we'll just have to see~

Love these vans.I have been after a mitsubishi van for years but none ever comes up in my area.These nissan vans look nearly spot on like the Mitsubishis.Toyota's of the same year have a rounder edge look to them and not nearly as nice

oh man! You dont even know how long i've been after these vans! Im super excited to finally have one! I got some hair-brained plans for it! :lol:

But yah...the Mitsubishi Delica van is a near carbon copy of this van as well as the Toyota one.

I think I saw a Mitsu-van in the junkyard a few months ago...I shed a tear that day :(

I found a Mitsu-van for ya!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2807058488.html

hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

what are you plans?? slam it to the ground with full length roof rack to give VW Busses a run for thier money?

plans are yet to be determined...I only say that because I have a few ideas floating around but dunno if I could actually pull it off, so I don't wanna say "I'm gonna do ________" then not actually be able to. I'll just see as I go along to see what is actually doable.

As for the roof rack...it kinda already has one on there (Nissan stock). See 2nd pic. It also has dual sunroofs (front tilts and rear fully slides open) so I dont wanna be blocking that either. Realistically, do vans need roof racks? It's not like there's a shortage of cargo room :lol: