How do you deal with A$$holes at work?

So, I'm 18, and I work for a little more than minimum wage as a lot attendant at a local used car lot. For the most part, I enjoy the job. I've been there for almost eight months, and have had a lot of good experiences there. I got to drive a porsche boxter around for a photo shoot yesterday, that was a cool experience. (Although it really wasn't as fast as I thought, or hoped, it would be.)

Anyway, my fellow lot attendant, is my age, and is a real punk. He's the sort of kid that punches first and talks later. He makes a game out of making my life as miserable as possible every day at work. I'm really tired of being verbally and physically abused at work. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go to work anymore, but I have to because I'm putting myself through college and I need the money for tuition.

So, what do I do? It just so happens that the kid in question is the boss's nephew, so, talking to the boss about it isn't going to get me anywhere. And, he's twice my size so I can't solve the situation physically either. I tried to talk to him about it once and came home with a black eye. Should I just quit and try to find work elsewhere?

Sorry this is sort of random and useless on a car forum, but I'm just really fed up with this shit, and you guys have useful advice for everything else I've asked.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to talk to him about it once and came home with a black eye.

talk to the boss and if he does nothing lawer up.

beacuse this is full grounds to press charges and file a law suit for unsafe work environment, harassment, assault, ect. as it stands already.

this kind of shit in the work place is taken vary very seriously by the law.

take every penny hes got, you win and collage is payed for :rofl:

Well you have a few options here

1.) intentionally cut off his balls

2.) accidentally cut off his balls

3.) kill his parents and feed them to him in a bowl of chili

4.) talk to your boss (boorring)

5.) find new job (ehhh)

I pick #4. You probably should have spoken to your boss after "asshole" blackened your eye.

I tried to talk to him about it once and came home with a black eye.

Should I just quit and try to find work elsewhere?

oics or it didnt happen!

and if you do have them, file a lawsuit (aint this country great :rolleyes: )

family will stick together, get another job!!!

hellaflush em!!!

Hahahaha. You guys make me laugh. That's why I always have Ratsun open. It makes me feel better about my life. and helps me justify spending more moneys on my truck :D

Also, I was stupid and I didn't take any oics of the eye incident. But, I do have oics of some other bruises. And security camera footage of getting gatorade thrown in my face.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

oics or it didnt happen!

and if you do have them, file a lawsuit (aint this country great :rolleyes: )

family will stick together, get another job!!!

;)

What Hang says.

Unless you want continue with the BS , try and find another job, Can you collect employment insurance if you have grounds to quit?

He intimidated by your obvious maturity, or for him what passes for something he lacks, and knows it. I'd like to say bide your time and strike when he isn't expecting it, fuck his shit up one good time and threaten him. He needs to know you are crazy and unpredictable. But I can't. Fuck him and that job. You're 18? you haven't seen all the jobs out there. Move on to something better.

• Like 2

Ouch!! seems that guy needs a a$$ wooping. Sue him! I know about the college and needing money thing .. look for a decent job before you want to quit or at least as a back up problem solve but still you can't be the victim and back away. This guy obviously is a bully and bullies tend to pick on smaller ppl than them. ugh! i hate that $hi* !! Talk to the boss though or do what ratsun guys tell you.

Guest DatsuNoob

Dont be a pussy. Hit him back and if it's a problem it was self-defense and a shitty job to boot. Dont let anyone shove you around. You most likely wont get anywhere in this kind of family owned/operated business, sadly. You gotta either split (leave quietly, or go out with a bang it's up to you really), or stand up for yourself and get over it. Fact is alot of teenage dudes are little douchebags you cant reason with. Hit dude in the face next time he fawks with you, or get over it. People are so god damn quick to sue these days and it's pretty chickenshit to be honest. What happened to the old days when a couple guys could sort it out over a couple hits in the head and then become buddies?

• Like 2

i went through the same thing a few years back. i stayed because i was 25 and had a family to support. finally i got fed up and left my keys, company phone and a resignation letter on the bosses desk after hours. the next day he called my wife freaking out about how he was gonna get the job done without me. she said "figure it out douchebag"

theres no job worth taking that kind of shit. especially at a car lot. i'd talk to a lawyer first, and if they cant do much, or you cant afford it........id go out swingin

Dont take me the wrong way, but dont be a sissy. It sucks being in your position, But you can fix it. Meet that kid after work and drop that mother fuc*er. DONT LET ANYONE PUSH YOU AROUND. size dosnt matter, If someone screws you mess em up, if you get fired you have your pride.... if you get beat up you have your pride because you stood up. You tell on him he will know who told on him. Tell him you want to talk to him somewhere after work, meet him there and make sure he attacks you first.... talk crap to him.... whatever. Make sure you bring a knife just in case. Beat the shit out of him! If the fight goes the other way pull the knife on him. Its self defense if he attacks you RIGHT? Where I was raised I had to do alot of fighting to stay straight so im just telling you WHAT I WOULD DO. Join boxing... its usually cheap and you get the most BANG for your buck. Theres nothing wrong with fighting for your pride.

People are so god damn quick to sue these days and it's pretty chickenshit to be honest. What happened to the old days when a couple guys could sort it out over a couple hits in the head and then become buddies?

bike racks! 3'O'clock!

aahhhhh, those were the days...

that what stickin up for your self will get ya nowadays.

you go kick his ass then he'll cry to uncle & turn around and sue you :angry:

dead men tell no tales, be sure to delete the video