Jacob's Goon Build - Now L19 powered.

Laecaon

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i forgot a few pictures. But that is ok. I lowered the back of my car :)

Took out the Overload spring, and flipped it.

SNC11061.JPG

Bolted the Leafs back together. (Had to use a c-clamp to get the leafs to come together)

SNC11064.JPG

And it is lower!!!

SNC11066.JPG

SNC11065.JPG

SNC11067.JPG

SNC11068.JPG

SNC11069.JPG

SNC11070.JPG

SNC11071.JPG

Looks good.white is a awsome color!!!!!!!!!!!!

but get some better wheels.

I completely agree! But not for now. I was trying to get the RB's but at the time, everywhere was sold out of the color I wanted. So these are a for now wheel. I will get it done, it may just take some time.

The 280ZX wheels look great on wagons, they kind of have a spoked 'wagon-wheel' look to them. And you can customize the painted section to any color as desired. Nice job on the build so far.

Thanks! The wheels look good for now, have a nice shine to them. Im thinking of trying to polish up the lip a bit more.

On my quest for new interior, I installed the metal piece that holds the top of the door panels.

SNC11087.JPG

If you use a thicker material for the door panels you need to bend that metal strip open more... I used a flat head screwdriver and totally fucked mine up the first time

most new vynil material is thicker than the datto vynil . . just bend a little at a time with something wide like a chisel and leave the metal strip secured onto the door

If you use a thicker material for the door panels you need to bend that metal strip open more... I used a flat head screwdriver and totally fucked mine up the first time

most new vynil material is thicker than the datto vynil . . just bend a little at a time with something wide like a chisel and leave the metal strip secured onto the door

Dont worry, Im not using vinyl :)

dig the wagoon , if i provide the driveway would you help me squirt mine?

Sounds like fun. But I dont have the tools/supplies anymore. And I am in no way a pro. My wagon was parked next to yours at canby. I call it a 10ft paint job. I would be to scared to paint yours.

• 2 weeks later...

So some action is gonna be happening here. Yesterday I cleaned up the garage enough to get the car in with some room.

Today I have pulled the windshield and cargo windows. Prepping for installing my headliner and new windshield.

Only reason I am actually doing this now is because I hurt my car :(. I broke an ATF line. I figured that the cost to get the car going again was just shy of me getting my dogleg in. Well then I saw Izzo had a couple of motors up for grab. Gonna go Saturday to fetch me an L18. So I am pulling the motor and trans soon. Might as well paint the engine bay too while its clear :). Not all bad I hurt my car.

Some pics of the car as it sits. It does still turn on.

The only spot with rust I found was the top of the windshield. Pretty decent considering It was very leaky.

SNC11125.JPG

SNC11126.JPG

SNC11128.JPG

SNC11130.JPG

And then?...

images-6.jpg

lol. um mid way through a bunch of projects on it. But maybe thats because each new project is more important than the last. Give me a sec to get some pics up.

Also, what is easier: pulling the motor and tranny from the top, or dropping it them out the bottom?