Hellaflush!

cjr198car

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, today's "hellaflush" is yesterday's Altezza taillights.

Real drift cars have some wheel travel... The hellaflush kids are all about hard parking.

(Sweet cars, no doubt. The whole trendiness / "krew" thing makes me LOL).

Guest DatsuNoob

Very nice! :thumbup: I love a very mild rake on alot of Dats. No matter what anyone says, me and Kamakazi are still gonna start a group called HellaLush where you have to have a Dat with a slight rake and consume a minimum of 20 beers a week or GTFO ;)

To me 510s look weird when they aren't raked. The front wheel arch is bigger than the rear so when the car sits level there's either wheel gap in the front ooooorrrrr the back is tucking a lot more tire/wheel.

Coltons car is proof, equal tucking and a nice rake = win

Just remember, today's "hellaflush" is yesterday's Altezza taillights.

Real drift cars have some wheel travel... The hellaflush kids are all about hard parking.

(Sweet cars, no doubt. The whole trendiness / "krew" thing makes me LOL).

Matt Powers went for wheel fitment first. :rolleyes:

Also, the guy who runs the Hellaflush/ Fatlace Network actually owns/drift a S14. It is pretty sweet he is always re-inventing it.

They aren't really a crew either. Just a blog that is run by some car enthusiasts who put their own time an effort into it because they are passionate about it.

I don't think that what they do will be the new Altezzas, as a lot of people can't pull it of. I think Roof racks and exaggerated tow hooks on cars that don't need them are the new Altezzas. :lol:

Wheel fitment will be around for a time to come maybe not as extreme but it will stick around.

Very nice! :thumbup: I love a very mild rake on alot of Dats. No matter what anyone says, me and Kamakazi are still gonna start a group called HellaLush where you have to have a Dat with a slight rake and consume a minimum of 20 beers a week or GTFO ;)

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?!?!?!?! my car is raked the opposite way though, but ill keep my end of the deal with the beers........

It's all a bunch of dumbasses making the wheels fit the car not the car fit the wheel, the way i see flush is running the proper tire size on a wheel that barely clears the fenders with minimal stretch and minimal or functional camber.

The word Hella is gay... No offense to you Oakland Hyphy ratsunners.

I guess most of the people on here are way too young to realize that this is actually old school, it's nothing new. Back in the 80's when we started building the mini truck scene, there was nothing low profile enough for us being manufactured back then, (15" wheels were huge & 50 series tires were brand new). So we started stretching tires to make them lower profile. We would stretch 195/50/15's on to 15"x10" wheels all the time. Then we would lay the trucks (static) so low on the ground, that we had to park on the street, because you couldn't get in or out of any driveways. On the cars, we would go to the wrecking yard and buy a whole bunch of space saver spares, and mount them on 7" wide wheels, to make them crazy low profile. This was the only technology there was back then, so it kinda makes me crazy that so many people are so quick to judge (what they think is a new style), when it's actually where it all started from. It wasn't to be safe or practical, or caring about wearing out tires, (we didn't give a crap about any of that), it was all about being different and way cool! (just like everything else from the 80's, it's back in style now, lol, and btw, hella is from back then too.)

I'm sure there are a few old guys like me on here, that remember back in the day what it was all about. (I love it)

• Like 2