Locks?!

I think this is the right place for this, if not mods can move it.

A few days ago, when I went out to work on my 510 I found that the passanger door will no longer unlock, and the driver side lock was already screwed also.

The only way I can get into my car, is through the very worn out hatch lock.

So, does anyone here know of a good cheap source for good locks for my wagon? OE or not, and also possibly a matching hatch lock? I've searched the forum and found nothing, ebay only found the passanger/driver locks.

Thanks for any info. smile.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can re key the locks so you can get any datsun locks and set them up for your key. If a good cleaning wont do the trick, gotta take em all the way apart to rekey/clean them properly! Kind of a Pain in the Ass!

That packaging looks janky. I've seen a package of solex locks before and they looked different. item locaation is Hong Kong, China. That should say it all.

ok :huh: , ( hmmmmmm I wonder what country makes em :P )

But Yeah , I have had less luck with oversees sellers on E-Bay <_<

Have you looked into trying to make em work again? sometimes it just need to be taken apart and put back together.

I've cleaned/greased them with no luck. I'll try taking apart the driver side one and see if I can get it working.

Google KeyWords = "Solex Door Locks" :D

I always really wanted to try these , here they are on Ebay (Not Spam) ---> http://cgi.ebay.com/...y-/220562849234 <----

I may try these, different seller though. laugh.gif

Easy way would be add keyless entry. Works great on my 720! I am thinking of putting a set in the 620 just for the hell of it! I got a How-to thread right here: http://community.rat...et-power-locks/

I think its a bad idea to have only keyless, especially since the hatch lock feels like its going bad.

soemtimes they can be adjusted of movement in the inside of the door.the rod

This might be the problem also, I had it out before and thought I put it back correctly. I'll see if adjustment works.

Easy way would be add keyless entry. Works great on my 720! I am thinking of putting a set in the 620 just for the hell of it! I got a How-to thread right here: http://community.rat...et-power-locks/

Good how to. I want to do this to my truck. isnt there a way to have a manual back up... other than a slim jim...

This might be the problem also, I had it out before and thought I put it back correctly. I'll see if adjustment works.

its a white plastic piece on the rod for the lock.

seach on the510realm for the Solex locks, IIRC someone has them for sale...

Found the problem with the passenger side lock, It was not turning enough to unlock. So I did a ratsun mod. laugh.gif

imag0097.jpg

Also I found out the driver side lock is to a different car, thats why it does not work. Its a different code/ key. So i'll probably just get new solex locks. Do they fit to the hatch also?

Found the problem with the passenger side lock, It was not turning enough to unlock. So I did a ratsun mod. laugh.gif

imag0097.jpg

Also I found out the driver side lock is to a different car, thats why it does not work. Its a different code/ key. So i'll probably just get new solex locks. Do they fit to the hatch also?

The set I bought had 3 locks 2 for the doors and one for the boot as they call it. Works great. Hope the ones on ebay are as good as the ones I got. Like the barrel type keys very cool.

I would think not. The hatch is a push button style lock.

the push button part of it is the for the hatch release, you can put the solex in but you would have to rig up release cable for the hatch like the hood release.

the push button part of it is the for the hatch release, you can put the solex in but you would have to rig up release cable for the hatch like the hood release.

Hmm I could rig something up above the license plate... Thanks for the info everyone!

soemtimes they can be adjusted of movement in the inside of the door.the rod

Listen to Hainz. If the key goes in and turns but the door lock doesn't like to pop up, it can be adjusted. My 620 has a plastic nut that can be screwed up or down to increase the stroke. WD-40 the shit out of it too.

Listen to Hainz. If the key goes in and turns but the door lock doesn't like to pop up, it can be adjusted. My 620 has a plastic nut that can be screwed up or down to increase the stroke. WD-40 the shit out of it too.

Did you notice the picture I posted? :P Lock works flawlessly now.

Sorry should have read past the 510 part and noticed it was a wagon.