Wagon Wheels

It looks like the caps will fit but haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know.

JLBMotorsports.com is where I got these. $465 for a set shipped to my door. They have different colors in different offsets so the gunmetal comes in +20 and +25. The silver comes in +30 and + 12 and the gloss black comes in +25. These are all 15x7 4x114.3. Not sure what else is available in different sizes.

Mine are definitely +20 and they are about 1/4" or so from the shortened stock struts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I got mine at JLB Motorsport also. Silver

But I looked at the listing ,+20 only comes on 4x100

Otherwise I would have a +20 myslf

But the scroll down listed dont show +20 for a 114.3

back of the rim should show 15x7E25 something like that.

I just wanted to know so I have my info correct.

But your car looks greeat with those wheels.

If your postitive those are +20s(in Gunmetal) maybe Ill order another set!!!!!!!!

I thought about that I need at least a 195 for the Roundabouts but those 175s tuck under nicely for that GANGSTA look.

Look like ROTAS will increase in sales soon with this photos

djaztek12

you need +25 will fit a 510 stock strut barely but +12 is also ok (roll fenders maybe?)

+12 will fit a 280zx strut.

+30 will hit the strut and need spacers.

I dont know why the caps dont fit on. I had the 73mm bore

i have the 280 strut set up, with 1980 maxima brake & rotors

i thought i needed spacer. but for the price i paid it don't mater and yes rolling the fenders came to mind. if i tell you guys how much i paid you wont believe and plus i don't want to burn the shop that sold them to me. but it heres a tease it was a lot less then what you guys paid. like i said i woulda being a idiot not to get them. :P

It's been a long time coming but I finally put new wheels on my goon. I love them and think they make the car. Gotta show 'em off!

Those look *really* nice! The price is awesome, too. I paid twice as much for 13" Minilites in a similar color for my 1200. Those wheels put a very nice touch on your goon!

I'm curious to see a photo with the caps on them.

djaztek12

Just make sure you have enough threads on those wheels if you run spacers cause no matter how cheap you got those wheels loosing control and smashing the cool wagon would wouldnt be worth it after the fact.

Ichiba make some nice spacers

k thanks i did needed the spacer only in the front, but i got the smallest one they had. one thing i do need to replace are the studs i need to get longer 1s. :( just for safety purposes. ill post pictures later.

So I had 2 Continentals already and needed 2 more 175/55s to complete the set. Since I didn't want to spend nearly $100/tire for Contis, I took the cheaper, er, Ratsun approach and got 2 Kumho ECSTA KH11s. Here is a good example of tire variation from different manufacturers:

The Contis (on right) have a thick rim protector and show some stretch. The Kumho's have a square shoulder and show almost no stretch on the 7" rims. The stretch of the Contis works in the front with the fender spacing and the square shoulder of the Kumhos works in the rear. The Conti's stretch but they are not even close the the "tire stretch" of the VW guys. Its more of a utilitarian stretch to fit the fenders. I'm pleased with the overall look and thought showing the details might help. I have about 1/4" of space left in my rear fenders and can drive it this low without rubbing. It corners great and i can feel the difference with the lighter rims and tires :D

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

Here's a close up with the Kumhos in back.

IMG_1440.jpg

I tend to obsess on the details but someone may find this info useful :hmm:

I'm curious to see a photo with the caps on them.

Here are a few shots with the centercaps. (and yes, they fit just fine on the front and clear the hub) It was a short lived experience. I have never really liked center caps on any of my wheels. They didn't do anything for these either. I had planned to cover the Rota logos with Datsun ones but I'm not going to run any caps now. The caps are a nice design in my opinion, but they are too classy for the car. They look too finished and average. The open centers fit the far-from-perfect nature of the car better and look more custom.

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sa-Weet!!!

Now ya gotta change your signature pic.

Thanks for the visual. I will definatly use it when selecting wheels for my wagon. Looks like I am going to need something in a +0 or maybe -10. I'm wanting to fill flares. If I do flares now. That looks mighty nice without them!!!

I'm going to find a moist towel now....

• 2 weeks later...

i was afraid of that. I've seen them on bid-JDM (yahoo,japan translated in real-time so people like me can bid in those auctions.),but not on e-bay. it always works that way. I mostly like vintage stuff that not EVERYONE else has on their cars. it was the same way when i was into old air-cooled VW's. my '67 bug cost way more to build,because i got hooked on period correct performance parts & accessories. I think the Gold center, with a polished lip would look great with my olive green paint. I like the Equip work03 wheels (less than the Techno's,unfortunately) too. i could get them here, probably cheaper too,but I've already seen them on other 510's (even in the same color as my car) on Ratsun,and at Canby.

i was afraid of that. I've seen them on bid-JDM (yahoo,japan translated in real-time so people like me can bid in those auctions.),but not on e-bay. it always works that way. I mostly like vintage stuff that not EVERYONE else has on their cars. it was the same way when i was into old air-cooled VW's. my '67 bug cost way more to build,because i got hooked on period correct performance parts & accessories. I think the Gold center, with a polished lip would look great with my olive green paint. I like the Equip work03 wheels (less than the Techno's,unfortunately) too. i could get them here, probably cheaper too,but I've already seen them on other 510's (even in the same color as my car) on Ratsun,and at Canby.

Like this one? :D

DSCN0060.jpg

Yes, pretty much like just like yours. the one I was thinking about has a '73 bluebird coupe grille, & coupe tail lights. but that makes my point clear. if there are at least 2 with this wheel & color combo should I feel bad about "copying " it except on a Goon, or should I just accept it as unavoidable since there are bound to be similiar cars to mine no matter what wheels i go with? your car,& the other car I was thinking of both look F-ING AWESOME with those wheels! it's gonna be pretty hard to resist! unless,by some miracle I can get the Techno's