510 realm people

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's just you. You suck. We hate you, your avatar is gay, etc. ;) JK! I don't go on the 510 realm at all, it seems a little more uppity than Ratsun. Then again, Ratsun can also be pretty crass, petty, and junvenile at times. But who cares, game's over, let's go get wasted man! To the 7-11, to the liquor store, we partied all night, let's party some more!!!

+10 Ratsun points if you guess that. You'd probably have to be old.

Alright sick, I'll tell it like it is, you definitely have a basket case there. BUT a basket case with promise! And certainly not worth going to the crusher, so good on you for saving it. As for usage, I'd say autocross car or bump to pass as it has a few dings. Rally maybe, but you'd probably need to redo the cage to spec. Just get it running and go park it next to expensive cars for fun!

...I dont plan on taking anyone to prom in it or anything...

I loled.

To me that racecar is SO much cooler than an SR swapped show winner. That thing is setup to be driven in anger. Even if it was a circle track car, I bet tweaking it into a track day/autocross car be a lot of fun.

Or hell, can you still race it in the type of events it was meant to run in? Circle track may have a stigma attached to it, but it's still the cheapest way to go get some serious wheel-to-wheel seat time. While other people sit around and think about how cool it would be to do something else if they could afford it.

Yeah dude, F the haters.

Alright sick, I'll tell it like it is, you definitely have a basket case there. BUT a basket case with promise! And certainly not worth going to the crusher, so good on you for saving it. As for usage, I'd say autocross car or bump to pass as it has a few dings. Rally maybe, but you'd probably need to redo the cage to spec. Just get it running and go park it next to expensive cars for fun!

ya man thats what im saying i never expected to drive it on the road or pick up chicks or fit in at the country club or anything. I just see a datsun and my heart smiles..... I KNOW I could get it running and driving in a week or less.... thats why i got it. Im not relly sure what i want to do with it I just see some straight up ratsun potential and I can work some datsun magic on it.

I loled.

To me that racecar is SO much cooler than an SR swapped show winner. That thing is setup to be driven in anger. Even if it was a circle track car, I bet tweaking it into a track day/autocross car be a lot of fun.

Or hell, can you still race it in the type of events it was meant to run in? Circle track may have a stigma attached to it, but it's still the cheapest way to go get some serious wheel-to-wheel seat time. While other people sit around and think about how cool it would be to do something else if they could afford it.

Yeah dude, F the haters.

Ya they just dont see its potential because alot of them probably had there 510's bought for them for something to take to the country club on sundays and they have julio at the local les schwab do all there tune ups..... And I agree a 510 race car has personality, a sr swapped show car has none. I can sit in this car and I can have my own bre 510.... everyone has a dream.

You can't build/own/love your rides to what other people think or want you do it because you can , want to , and you like it man :cool: FTW !!! I thought it was pretty bad ass little 510 to play with for a track car :D I would have done in a heart beat if I could have seriously !

Hell I have had at least 4 serious offers to buy my Z car , and even more offers ( probably not cash in hand ) to do so. Chicks that use to own a Z car always come up to it and start chattin with me about mine "OMG it's so cute" "That was my first car" and MY FAV ---> "Does it drive good" or "It drives like a dream huh?" <----- While they have that one smile you know :devil: Whether they like the car or me IDK,--- :rofl: but who cares at that point :thumbup:

But I have heard quite a bit of :poop: from the honda boys , vtakin this , vdub that , bla bla bla , it's just simply part of the territory right ? no matter how beautiful a car can be someone is always going to hate it B) :sneaky:

I am still looking for a 520 or 620 for my nephew and I to build for his first car , the niece will probably get a vw bug. Would love to get my hands on a 510 for the right price :thumbup: ( I am a cheap ass so that will never happen ! lol )

ok, so I will enlighten you on why that is. I also have a nice 07 yaris that is all fixed up with big wheels, low profile tires, nice stereo, ect...it is a clean newer car...and the website I would go to, yarisworld.com, is full of mostly juvenile ricer boy douches. Their mommy or daddy bought them their first car, and it is all about name brand ricer accessories. You don't get props for building your own car with custom one-off parts, you get credit for doing everything everyone else has done before...name brand parts with dealership or "professional" installation.

510 realm seems the same way to me. It is where you go if your car is finished and shiny to ask why the 400hp sr20det someone installed isn't running quite right.

Ratsun is where you go to find out info from people who have learned for themselves the hard way on how to keep a less than pristine 30+ year old car on the road and build it into something that will someday be a show stopper.

To be honest, this website may have douches or jerks, but compared to most car websites, this site is one of a kind...it is different from any other car website I have been on in that respect, and most people here can find at least one positive thing to say about your ride. Most car websites I have been on make themselves feel better about their own car by bashing on someone else.

• Like 1

ok, so I will enlighten you on why that is. I also have a nice 07 yaris that is all fixed up with big wheels, low profile tires, nice stereo, ect...it is a clean newer car...and the website I would go to, yarisworld.com, is full of mostly juvenile ricer boy douches. Their mommy or daddy bought them their first car, and it is all about name brand ricer accessories. You don't get props for building your own car with custom one-off parts, you get credit for doing everything everyone else has done before...name brand parts with dealership or "professional" installation.

510 realm seems the same way to me. It is where you go if your car is finished and shiny to ask why the 400hp sr20det someone installed isn't running quite right.

Ratsun is where you go to find out info from people who have learned for themselves the hard way on how to keep a less than pristine 30+ year old car on the road and build it into something that will someday be a show stopper.

To be honest, this website may have douches or jerks, but compared to most car websites, this site is one of a kind...it is different from any other car website I have been on in that respect, and most people here can find at least one positive thing to say about your ride. Most car websites I have been on make themselves feel better about their own car by bashing on someone else.

agreed!!!!

i have never really gone to the realm before. i have heard a lot of guys on ratsun are on the realm but idk... i guess to me.... the realm is kinda like a really expensive dog... it looks nice but doesnt have to much character... and ratsun is like a dog u find at a pound.. maybe not pretty but is a lot more fun and has a lot more spunk!.... plus i get lost on the realm pretty easily haha :D

and as far as the dime goes i say get it kinda straight. find some real bumpers and drive that ish!!! that would look sick going down the road!! :D :D :D

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:blink:

The realm,Most of the users there are just tired of seeing SO many nice 510s brought to a state of dis-repair is all,Way to many "projects" get started and never finished ;)

I agree with most if not all these posts about the realm. Or some elements of them. I find the realm slightly clique ish but what forum isn't? Forums are usually chauvinist by nature and if you aren't like minded you move on. To their credit they factual, supportive and helpful and everyone reasonable. I don't even own a 510!! Now having said that I haven't posted my shit and expected a slap on the back for doing so. You are so a ratsun guy. :lol: I joined to trade info on the Datsun running gear and drive train for the late 60s and 70s which is similar to the 620 (ish). BTW not all comments were 'unkind'.

:blink:

The realm,Most of the users there are just tired of seeing SO many nice 510s brought to a state of dis-repair is all,Way to many "projects" get started and never finished ;)

This is so true. Most realmers immediately see this as unsaveable and a candidate for euthenasia, ratsun sees it as saving a Datsun from sinking into the ground even if only for stripping parts from, (organ donner) to keep another alive. ???

• Like 2
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Most realmers immediately see this as unsaveable and a candidate for euthenasia, ratsun sees it as saving a Datsun from sinking into the ground even if only for stripping parts from, (organ donner) to keep another alive. ???

I think all in all,That realmers would like to see the preservation of any and all datsuns :unsure:

Many have disected a few different forms of datsuns/nissans for the preservation of their 510 :lol:

:P

Yes lou.

I think what I meant was realm members are more easily horrified by pictures of a loved one in such bad shape. :lol: While they hope for the best in their hearts they just know this won't end well. Dr: "Sign the organ donner card please" Like a meat eater who enjoys a good steak, it's beter that you not see where the meat comes from.

Ratsun seems a little more optimistic in these matters. Perhaps it's because it's not so 510 exclusive and any 510 owners are more cosmopolitan in their Datsun 'world view'. :lol:This stems from (or maybe is the cause of) the assumtion that all ratsun owners use chewing gum and bailing wire to keep a 510 (or any Datsun actually) on the road.:lol:

This stems from (or maybe is the cause of) the assumtion that all ratsun owners use chewing gum and bailing wire to keep a 510 (or any Datsun acyually) on the road.:lol:

Yeah, they totally stereotype us. They don't know most of us have moved up to silicone caulking and duct tape. JB Weld for the critical areas.

Len

"Plenty of good, drivable 510s for much less than $5K, especially these days. They aren't Ferraris, and the median price is still probably south of $5K."

WTF??

Dude needs to step away from the brie and bordeaux, and slam a pbr into reality.

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1