TurboHLS30's '75 280z

Whats up everyone my names Shane and this has been my project for about a year now. First off let I just turned 16 in May and I have had this car since I was 15. I bought this car for $1800 of my own money. So now for the car she's a Datsun 280z made in January of '75. Right now it has a 2.4 straight 6 backed by a 280zxt 5 speed with triple Mikuni's and a blowthru turbo setup. The Mikuni's are 40mm and the turbo is a T04B. Once I get this setup going I'm planning on rocking it like this until I get bored then I am putting a 2jz-gte in it. As she sits now she is sitting on 240z suspension with unknown lowering springs. I think the drop is a 2.5" drop because it sits pretty low. Well here are the pics and before you start commenting I know it needs paint LOL.

When I first got her

1z23qiw.jpg

xwnih.jpg

27ynxac.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now which is 4:52 A.M., the car is completely painted. So now I have pulled off an all nighter with my bro to get this car painted. No once the sun comes up I'm going to push the car outside and start wet sanding. Earlier today, me and my 13 year old bro went outside and started sanding the driver side. My bro is also into cars and he wants a 510 soon so that he can be like me. Also one thing that got me in a happy mood was when I was in the garage sanding the car, my 12 year old sister walks in and starts begging to help me. So I said yes and I gave her a little job while I take a break. About 20 mins. later I come back and she has the whole pass. side sanded and smoother than a babies bottom. So I think I have achieved getting my sister into cars. . I'm so proud of my siblings. Will have some pics up soon.

Haha well I noticed this morning after the all nighter that I screwed up badly. See when I started I didn't know that you couldn't wet sand rustoleum but now I know. Well actually you can wet sand it but it goes dull and then you can't get it to shine again. It's just another lesson learned and atleast the car won't rust anymore because it is covered in rustoleum. So now I'm leaving it like that until I can buy a spray gun and do the job right.

Well I just went to get my gas tank, which was dipped and coated so thats a plus. The even better part is that I got it for free. So I am gonna go to church and on the way home pick up a fuel pump, and lines, then get to work on installing it. So hopefully I get a video of it running soon. Man I am stoked.

Just finished installing the gas tank. Tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a fuel pump, about 10 feet of fuel line, and a filter and get everything plumbed. I will have some pics tomorrow. Oh and just to let everyone know I am selling my other project ( My '72 Suburban) so that I can fund this project. I have it up for sale on a couple sites but word goes around faster by mouth so let anyone you know, know that there is one for sale. Here is the link to the ebay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks anyways I bought a harness because my old one shorted out and got all burnt up. So I payed 48 bucks for it shipped to my door. I also purchased an Ignition lock w/ a key because the PO can't find the keys. I got that for 31 bucks shipped. Also a family friend is giving me a free 2jz long block with no tranny for free I just have to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale to pick it up. So my new plan of action is to slowly build up the 2jz while I play with this motor. Then when I'm done with the 2jz and have everything to swap it in, I will swap motors. Today I decided that I'm going to autocross the car until the 2jz is done. I want to be competitive but I really want to do it for the experience and fun, so I don't care if I'm competitive or not. I have a list of 17 little things to get the car running and driving. Well I'll post some pics when my ignition and harness get here.

• 2 weeks later...

7/25/10 Well today I went autocrossing with my friend in his Miata and we got 3rd place. He also has a '03 RSX Type-S and a Z32 300zx. After today I know for sure that I am going to autocross the Z. Also my Grant steering wheel and my Autometer boost gauge came in today. I put the steering wheel in and boy does it look good. I don't know where I'm going to mount the boost gauge yet but we'll see when I get it running.

Grant Steering Wheel

15zhx94.jpg

My turbo emblem from a 280zxt

2hz0saq.jpg

And my "I <3 My Datsun" sticker

15doyuv.jpg

Oh and here is me and my friend Miles next to the Miata after we won 3rd

30cn8k1.jpg

And a Z that was there. It's pretty fast, still running stock SU's

2h5k5tk.jpg