TurboHLS30's '75 280z

This and purepontiackidss build threads are my favorite z and zx threads,

You plan on lowering it soon. And are you gonna run stock interior, or racing seats?

Haha thanks, it's already lowered but the springs are backwards so it has a reverse rake to it. I'm going to keep the stock interior until it becomes necessary. I have some 5 point racing harnesses that I'm going to put in it instead of the 36 year old seat belts that are in it.

Anyway, I've decided to go with the Stealth Mode theme and I'm going to tint the tail lights, turnsignals, and maybe the headlights. Thanks to Pumpkn210 for the idea :D

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be using the Z for the Grassroots Motorsports $2011 challenge and I've come up with a team name. What do you guys think, Team Angry Rooster or Angry Rooster Racing? This weekend I stripped all of the sound deadner out. It took me all day Saturday to strip all of it, but I left the firewall insulation on so that it doesn't get too hot. When I got the car I bought $60 worth of Rustoleum and painted the inside black, I mean EVERYTHING. Now that money went to waste because I painted over the sound deadner. I should have weighed the everything I took out but I was too tired by 12'oclock in the morning to do it. Anyway, here's some pics.

28svjpu.jpg

23puhg.jpg

2l8eq91.jpg

30bo9ra.jpg

287qckj.jpg

Just put some speakers in my friends accord and he payed me $80, then I went to Advanced Auto parts and spent $70 of it. I bought a slave cylinder w lifetime warantee for $14.99, Premium brake pads w/ lifetime warantee for $20.01, 19ft of fuel line (Don't know why I bought so much LOL) at $1.25/ft and payed $23.75, and a bottle of Dot 3 brake fluid for $6.49. It all came up to $69.48. Not bad at all :D

I'm putting in the slave cylinder tomorrow, then I have to order a stock 280z fuel pump, and some fuel hose clamps. Then the fuel system should be complete. Then it's just a matter of finishing up my wiring harness, and cutting my core support a little so that the intercooler piping will fit.

Haha thanks bro. It would be nice to have some help but I guess I can do it by myself. I only got help swapping the motor because I needed multiple hands to help line everything up. I get help occasionally though but it's cool.

Installed the slave cylinder today after school. When I went to bleed the clutch, fluid got past the piston and brake fluid got everywhere. I guess it's a good thing I have a lifetime warantee. The new one will be in tomorrow morning. Is there a proper way to bleed the clutch?

Actually it sounds like a defective part, the master has a piston and rubber seal to keep the fluid from getting past, pull it apart and make sure that seal is sitting right.

Bleeding wrong or anything really wouldn't do that, and if you have 2 defective parts in a row I would look into a diff manufacture.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished relocating the Z to my dad's shop so that I can trim the core support for the intercooler piping, swap the springs, and get my fuel system complete. Should be running soon if I spend some time on it. Only problem is I have finals coming up so I have a lot of studying to do :(

• 2 weeks later...

Decided I'm going to pull the motor in the Z, clean-up/paint the engine bay, go through the motor, and put it all back together after. I want to get this done now so that when I get it running I don't have to blow apart into pieces again. My friend is going to paint the bay for me for $15/hour + materials, he painted his E30 BMW and it was amazing so I trust him

2j0bcqe.jpg

I might be putting a 2jz in the Z for the challenge I got a 2jz-ge, a W58 5-speed, and a Greddy E-Manage for the amount of $0 Might do a 1.5jz and run the stock twins, E-manage, boost controller, JDM 2jz-gte 550cc injectors, downpipe, and exhaust should be pushing 400hp at the wheels EASY. We'll see within the next 2 weeks or so, and then I'll probably start the swap when school ends so that I can put all my time into it. All depends on the GRM Challenge rules.