TurboHLS30's '75 280z

8/2/10 I went and picked up some new rims and tires for the Z last night. They are knockoffs but they look really nice and have some almost brand new tires. They're 14x7 0 offset with a 3-4 inch lip. The best part about it is that I gave the guy $50 and a strut bar for his civic. Anyways onto the pics

2rhwj1j.jpg

157g48x.jpg

11weqhg.jpg

ipa043.jpg

Also the person who put these lowering springs on put them on backwards, as in fronts in the back and backs in the front, so it sits as if it had no motor in it. So now I have to reverse them so that it will sit right.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I finished installing my rims. Here's some pics.

Little bro preparing to put on the rim

nxrjfq.jpg

The front wheel well

23mpt7r.jpg

Still preparing but now doing the one legged dance LOL

4sl4bs.jpg

Rear wheel well

149sb50.jpg

Little bro starting to put the wheel on after BSing for 5 mins.

154u8sn.jpg

He couldn't get it on the first time, so he started complaining about me taking pics of him failing LOL

snni1z.jpg

He still couldn't get it on

igm2z4.jpg

He gave up so I ended up finishing it

fktc08.jpg

6z7psh.jpg

Back on the ground

312uw6g.jpg

Front wheel gap because of screwed up springs

18m9p4.jpg

The Suburban and the Z in the driveway

adf2tx.jpg

25iss1t.jpg

You ROCK MANG! Good work, thats a bad ass setup youve got there! I especially dig the tripple blow thru turbo :cool: Sweet Azz! 2JZ is a awsome motor, but I personally would build on the drivetran thats in it now. Would be cheeper to make this one just as hot, not to mention the one of the Coolest Turbo setups I have ever seen! :thumbup:

Kudos to you, and either way that cars is the :poop:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 2jz today SOOO excited for this build now

28bup7o.jpg

110hw61.jpg

30jtut3.jpg

2cgc5m9.jpg

My plans are to go through the motor check the bearings and everything and the throw in my 2jz-gte rods and pistons, and turbo cams maybe. FFIM (Forward Facing Intake Manifold), Single turbo manifold with a Precision turbo don't what size, R154, ARP head studs, and a head gasket and hope for 600hp LOL

Ughhh I can't get anything done until I sell the current motor. I have people interested but they want a vid of it running and a compression test. I can't do either because my harness is fried. I know for sure the engine starts and runs because I've started it in my old Z and it ran fine. Any ideas on what I could do to get it running?

Should be fairly easy to make an engine stand that you could start it on. And you dont need much wiring to make a carb'd engine run. Thats quite a bit of money for that setup, so it stands to reason that they would want to see it run! Good luck with everything, wish I could get that setup from ya!

• 3 weeks later...

No recent updates, this weekend the car was supposed to be running but ended up having to go and meet my Dad's girlfriends parents, so the Z didn't even get touched. But yesterday I decided to take a pic with the Z so that I can have a new screen saver so here it is

nxw39h.jpg

Ok we have a problem. The motor that's currently in the car has a problem with the #4 cylinder. The compression numbers in order from fron to back were #1-115 #2-115 #3-110 #4-85 :( #5-115 #6-120. So I guess god wants me to sell this and put the 2jz in the Z LOL. I might still try to fix it and get it running though. What do you guys think?

Well I can tell you with a bum cylinder people don't love to spend as much and I know you wanted to set up that 2jz with the cash so either you are going to have to lower the price of the engine, or fix it. I read your build today looks good man love the Z. I also love the monster truck stance don't let these guys mess with you, how cool is it to go off roading with your Z I mean you see a dried up river bed and you go for it!

• 3 weeks later...

I redid the compression test with a Mac compression tester and #4 is a little better, it's now at 110 which is within the range of the others so I'll run some SeaFoam through the motor and change the oil and hopefully they will all be bumped up a little. I also bought a new battery which makes a huge difference when doing the compression check.