TurboHLS30's '75 280z

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha ok, I'll get some up. Waiting on the shipping quote for the Megasquirt so I can send money for that. The Z's at my dad's shop now and not at the house, so when I go to the shop I'll lay everything out and take some pics.

Purchased a Megasquirt v2.2 PNP this evening

Well I decided to check on what I have left in my budget and so far I've used $1035.96. Here's a little summary:

Car= $400

Motor/Fuel Rail/Injectors= $150

Head Gaskets and intake/exhaust gaskets= $55

Intake Manifold/Turbo Injectors/ Turbo dizzy= $150

Towing/Gas= $2.47

Brake Fluid= $6.49

Slave Cylinder= $14.99

Brake Pads= $20.01

Megasquirt= $212

Garrett Turbo/ Misc. Gauges/Oil Catch can= $25

Total= $1035.96

That leaves me with $975.06 to spend of my $2011 budget. That's enough room to buy lots of fancy stuff.

Will get pics up of everything ASAP. My camera phone decided to downsize the pics that I send to my email. So I have to go and get a digital camera so I can take decent pics.

• Like 1

I still have to get a camera. David Wallens from Grassroots Motorsports came and took pics of the Z and interviewed me for the magazine article. You have to drop the tank to get to the bolts for the bumper mounts, after that it's easy. Just watch out for wasps/bees.

Haha, I'm trying. I have to go out of town to the Virgin Islands on Tuesday for 2 weeks to see my mom. So there won't be much progress in the next to weeks, but by the time I get back I should be ready to start cranking on the swap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 17 and still jobless :( I make a living off of selling car parts. I paid for my Z by selling my dirt bike that I got for free and fixed up. I've built the Z purely on selling random car parts. I guess you do what you have to do :D