TurboHLS30's '75 280z

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what she looks like now. I'm currently cleaning up the interior and running any wires that need to be run so that I don't have to rip the interior apart again. I'm hoping to get a Sparco seat off of my friend, it's the only seat I've sat in that is wide enough to fit me (I'm 5' 10" ~230lbs) I've gotten my Megasquirt, but I'm trying to figure out what block/head combination I want to run. I really want to get BluDestiny's L28et but my dad is iffy about the fact that it has a blown head gasket. I found a P90a head locally for $125, and a complete L28e out of an '83 280zx. I was thinking of either putting the P90a head on either my L24 block, or put it on top of the L28e, but what do you guys think? Really and truly I'd like to have all 3 options so that I have back-ups. I also have some old pics I posted up, but now they're blown up so you can see them better.

Smoked tail light

2dt8z7s.jpg

Out with the old sound deadner

1zbyv02.jpg

2chb5fk.jpg

Before I sold the triples :'( Repainted VC/Turbo kit

1fvg34.jpg

vpj7eg.jpg

Getting stripped down

6jklqc.jpg

Getting ready to pulll the suspension to swap the springs

34go8zt.jpg

When we moved the shop, I had to throw everything for the Z inside. I still haven't gotten a chance to clean her out

juwh78.jpg

Peep the grenade shift knob :D

29w73fd.jpg

I have everything but the motor, and Pallnet fuel rail for the swap. I finished up fixing the wiring harness yesterday, now I just have to re-wrap it and install it. My deadline to get it done is August 22nd, because that's when school starts and it's my senior year so I won't have time to work on it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Z's still there. Slowly but surely getting worked on. I put the new turbo on and now I need to go get some fittings to run my oil lines. I'm going to try to go pickup the head this weekend, if not next weekend for sure. School starts Monday :(

The Z's still there. Slowly but surely getting worked on. I put the new turbo on and now I need to go get some fittings to run my oil lines. I'm going to try to go pickup the head this weekend, if not next weekend for sure. School starts Monday :(

I already started school and idgaf. i still work on my car right after then i do HW.

Yea, well I'm a senior and I gotta get my GPA right so I'll be able to do stuff. If I'm doing decent in school my dad doesn't care, but when I start doing bad is when he locks it up and takes the key. Yesterday I joined the fanboi group and painted the rising sun on my hood. It took me 2, maybe 3, hours and it came out okay. I'm thinking of making the rays of the sun go over onto the fenders and into the cowl. It's a possibility so we'll see.

• 5 weeks later...

No, the thread and I are still alive. I have the Z up for sale just to see what kind of offers I get. I'm still working on it though. Right now I have the intake out getting shaved, and I painted the engine bay, then I took a look under the valve cover for some inspection and found out that the head has dual valve springs, aftermarket valves, and it's port and polished. That's without pulling the motor apart :D I need to buy the fuel rail for the 440cc injectors, fuel pump, FPR, and a couple other little things to get it running. I have a speeding ticket to pay off first though :( So that's the biggest priority right now.

• 2 weeks later...