210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a game DF & I like to play (been doing it since the old 1200 forum days) 

it's a KPB210 (that's a mouthful!) Nissan Sunny Excellent

factory massaged fenders, hood & core support to make room for an L-Series

they did pretty well in racing as they had combined less weight with higher hp engines

kpb210_vert.jpg

• Like 1

That is a factory car. The B210 in Japan and South Africa came from the factory with an L14 and later an L16. They were marketed as aforementioned as a PB210 Sunny Excellent in Japan and a 140z and the 160z in South Africa. They were also factory with a completely different gauge set.

Look up datsun1200.com go to the wiki page and then navigate to the B210 page, you will find everything about the B210.

I looked at purchasing a PB210 from Japan in the past. It was very doable and less expensive than one may think.

The reason I didn't pull the trigger was the right hand drive. But, I am warming up to the idea. New cars are so stupid expensive and they all look alike. I really could rock a PB210 coupe l16. We will see.

I still am contemplating doing it. If I decide to, I will document everything here on Ratsun.

• Like 1

I looked at purchasing a PB210 from Japan in the past. It was very doable and less expensive than one may think.

Just as an FYI, they are even cheaper in South Africa, and the exchange rate between the US Dollar and the Rand has been quite good lately...

And if you stay away from coastal cars, there's a LOT less rust to deal with.  ;)

Maybe I could get some one to 3D print a dashboard for a LHD. With that in hand I believe the switch would be possible.

I definitely want another B, I believe this is the way I will be going. I am tired of getting the USA version and then trying to make a JDM package, which is near impossible.

I wish I knew how to use the programs. I had my 1/4 panel emblems created this way. I had already redrawn it. Just needed it extruded for 3D. They wanted $100 to do something that took not even 2 minutes to do. So I said F* that I'll do it my damn self. Downloaded the trial version of Maya and a week and a half later ( :rofl: ) I had my 3D file. But once I figured that shit out it seriously should've taken someone seconds to do. I'd LOVE to be able to make that stuff. Would certainly help out when you can't get certain parts anymore. The program alone is $3675 :w00t:  Pipe dream.....for now. Technology is getting better. Can scan stuff these days and have a print made.

A friend of mine actually owns Maya. He's still a noob but when he was helping me figure it out it kinda re-sparked his interest in learning. I may have to push, I mean nudge, him back into it. He can practice making parts for my car :) He was thinking of getting a printer as well. They start at $500 to astronomical. Yeah, it would be pretty amazing to have that capability. I need to start making for friends in that industry :thumbup:

not sure why i havent noticed this before

latch.jpg

dual hood latch!?!    B)

Looks like one is the hood latch pin that keeps the hood sealed shut while the other is hood release catch. If that makes sense, I know what I'm talking about but I don't know the right terms for it. Either or Barabuda, please do keep posting these tasty 210 pics!