Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my 210 family. Thought I'd share something I'm working on. As some of you may remember I made 1/4 panel emblems a while back by creating the emblem in a 3D program and then having them printed with a 3D plastic printer. Only drawback was using double stick tape to get them to stay on the fender as opposed to the pins that come on the OEM ones. During one of my many junkyard diving expeditions I've come across some good 1/4 panel emblems with pins on the back completely intact that I was going to make a mould of and run off some castings. I've finally stopped procrastinating and my uncle is helping me make the mould. He's testing out putting black dye in the casting resin so that only the letters need to be painted. I'll be at his place this weekend and we'll keep testing this stuff out. Hoping to get it all worked out and have one of these emblems tested on the car and see how the pins do. I'll keep you all updated of the outcome.

Here's one of the better emblems I've found.

emblem_zps01adb025.jpg

Here's one of the tests with the black dye my uncle did. We were using one of the not so great emblems for testing purposes cause I didn't want to take a chance and mess up the good one.

984234_zps60dcf734.jpg

• Like 3