SWDP 3rd Annual Bar-B-Que IMPORTANT CHANGE

Steroid

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the total count on the trucks?

John we had 30 + trucks there this year which is amazing!

Ok wow where do i start... ? What an amazing bbq / cruise this year! I will say this, this bbq would not be possible without everybody who showed up to participate & hang out all day!! SWDP thanks all involved for making this event fun & enjoyable :thumbup:

Ill be posting pix in the coming days so stay tuned :cool:

One person we'd like to thank is Takashi kikuchi who came to take pix for Truck trends magazine. He stayed w/ us all day & into the night @ the Wig wam...thats him

on the ladder...

zmnmtf.jpg

357hhzq.jpg

2lt6puq.jpg

Another thing we do every year is present club plaques to those who have shown thier dedication to the club through participation. This ceremony is always a surprise to those recieving plaques & is not announced until that very moment.

This year Ray [datskaoss] & Gman [greg] recieved plaques...

xepn60.jpg

& this year with the help of a few special people we were able to get an original member of So Cal Datsun Pickups to make the bbq & we awarded Steve vaughan with a special honorary member plaque...

9qy7f6.jpg

2qda0iu.jpg

more pix soon........

hey guys, what can i say, man it was so worth the trip out there, finally gettin to put a real person to the written words, had a fantastic time, loved every minute of it, if for some reason any one could not make it , i highly suggest making plans for number 4 , we will be back from phoenix again next year, this time with one of my 620's, steroid, pac, guy, and all involved, thanks for a fantastic time, chris thx bro for the food, the steak was great!!!! FUN AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ps, all the way home all we did(charlie69,gene521, and me) was talk about how much fun it was and meeting all of you all, and as charlie said it was fantastic to ck out every ones rides, WOW!!!!!

Mike, Mark and myself would like to thank all of you guy's for joining us at our SWDP bbq. It's because all of you showing up with your Datsun's that makes SWDP a success. We thank you again.

at the bbq

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

two new members of SWDP

Ray

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

Greg (back in the day)

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

we now have our first (HONORARY MEMBER) Steve Vaughan from the original SCDP (so.cal datsun pickups)

DSC00705.jpg

Steve Vaughan, Jim Knight, myself (Guy), Mike and Mark.

DSC00670.jpg

all of us

DSC00676.jpg

at the former Fontana Datsun dealership on route 66

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

at the WigWam motel on route 66

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

Wow!! GREAT pics everyone!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out and made this event happen!

So cool to get to see friends and meet more in person finally!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Wigwam after the dealership (duty called...)

STRONGLY recommend that anyone who has the ability, make it for the next bbq!

GREAT WORK EVERYONE!! :D

Wow!! GREAT pics everyone!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out and made this event happen!

So cool to get to see friends and meet more in person finally!

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Wigwam after the dealership (duty called...)

STRONGLY recommend that anyone who has the ability, make it for the next bbq!

GREAT WORK EVERYONE!! :D

I sure wish I could have made it. Looks like I really missed out.

that was an awesome day! glad i was able to get my truck up and going the day before.

awe man...I guess that I totally missed this one and no one knows how hard it

is to miss these..I apologize to the club....I will start making more shows in the future.

gotta get back into yhe groove....

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to take a minute to give credit to those guys involved in making this happen. This has turned out to be a great annual event where so many Datsun trucks are in one place that it might almost be Illegal (at least according to the SoCal AQMD)! There were so many more Trucks this year that we may need a bigger parking lot in the future! The credit for this successful event has to be given to Mike (Steroid), GUY (Fontana 620) and Mark (Pacific Coast Datsun). Great job guys and great food! I am still amazed at how family like the Datsun group can be. Looking forward to many BBQ's too come! I am sure there will be even more trucks next year!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, looks like it was a fantastic show. I so wanted to be there that I Photoshopped myself in. :D In case you haven't seen it, this was my entry into the First Ever Ratsun Photoshop contest. Thanks for letting me "borrow" a parking lot picture. Hope nobody minds. It just seemed like the perfect background for my creation.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25621-photoshop-contest/page__st__80

79Datsun0.jpg

Hey guys, looks like it was a fantastic show. I so wanted to be there that I Photoshopped myself in. :D In case you haven't seen it, this was my entry into the First Ever Ratsun Photoshop contest. Thanks for letting me "borrow" a parking lot picture. Hope nobody minds. It just seemed like the perfect background for my creation.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25621-photoshop-contest/page__st__80

79Datsun0.jpg

That right there should be art work for the T shirts next year. :D

WOW!!!! Very cool!!!! I don't mind!!!

As I have driving, finally, the dually, I am especially impressed with this photo!!!

I only hope YOU don't mind if I "borrow" that color to paint it!!!!!

Congratulations and thanks!!!

Mike

http://community.rat...st/page__st__80

79Datsun0.jpg

Wow!!! Awsume photoshop picture!!!!!

this years pics came out awesome! thank god there weren't any pics of me terrified on top of that truck at the dealership!!! my truck did look pretty sweet parked underneath it though! :thumbup:

Well i think i got the only one......proof that you climbed up there :D BTW the pix from up there look awesome !!!!!!

281cub8.jpg

• 1 month later...