SWDP 3rd Annual Bar-B-Que IMPORTANT CHANGE

Steroid

This years Bar-B-Que is going to be held at the same location of prior years but with a different date. SWDP members have voted to change the date from Our usual month of August to September. This change is to benefit those that travel long distances and would like to attend 2 or 3 events within a two week period.

JCCS has been changed this year to September 12th from the usual month of October. JCCS will be returning to the Queen Mary venue!!!

The West Coast Nationals (in Parker,AZ.) is from September 23rd through 26th.

With this thought in mind, the decision was made to change the Bar-B-Que to September 19th. This will benefit those that might want to attend JCCS, hang out for the week and then attend Our Bar-B-Que the next weekend!! Also, possibly You wish to attend the Bar-B-Que first and after a few days in Southern California, head on Thursday the 23rd to Parker, Arizona for WCN. Those of You with a little more than a two week vacation can attend all three events!!!

There will be also some special events held in Arizona from September 20th through 23rd. More on this later but I will be hosting a Route 66 tour with some special friends of Ours that are planning on coming over from Japan. Yes, You ALL are invited also!! Please see:

www. laughlinadventuretours.com

More information will be posted but I wanted to share this with You as early as possible for Your vacation plans.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know Jurupa park in Fontana will be the BBQ location, same as the 1st two.

Ill be posting directions & maps in the days to come.

We realize this is months in advance but Mike has been in contact with the guys from Japan for a few months & it takes alot of planning on thier part. It looks like they may be able to make it to the BBQ :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks!!!

We are moving ahead with the Bar-B-Que plans. This year's t-shirts are going to be really special!!! Yes, I plan to have more 2X sizes printed up!!! By the way, I still have 17 of last year's shirts available in large and extralarge. I can either save one for You or by emailing steroid620@yahoo.com one can be obtained. Less than 5 months to go!! Stay tuned!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok all heres a map & info to where the bbq will be.......

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&hnear=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&cid=2878385979841839441

We will be reserving the same gazebo as last year so we'll have plenty of shade & tables. 2 1/2 months to go :thumbup:

More info soon.

826swdp8-1.jpg

Ok turns out last years BBQ, & the cruise to the old Fontana Datsun dealer / Wig wam motel made Mini truckin magazine Sept. issue :cool: This is just a cell phone pic. btw... :rolleyes:

vys1sx.jpg

A big TY to Intense620 for sending me the pic.

I haven't shut up all day!!! my truck is in mini-truckin'!! I can't wait til this years picnic!! :P

Ok turns out last years BBQ, & the cruise to the old Fontana Datsun dealer / Wig wam motel made Mini truckin magazine Sept. issue :cool: This is just a cell phone pic. btw... :rolleyes:

vys1sx.jpg

A big TY to Intense620 for sending me the pic.

where did you get the magazine w/ those pic

So when and where?

Gonna be here Chris...http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&hnear=jurupa+park+fontana+ca&cid=2878385979841839441 All of your club members are invited too BTW :D

Jurupa park on Sierra ave. Fontana Ca. The Google maps link is a few posts back.

Thanks Mark,

Depending on the date and time we were thinking of bringing our truck. I am familar with the park, what os the date and yime?

Thanks Mark,

Depending on the date and time we were thinking of bringing our truck. I am familar with the park, what os the date and yime?

Sept. the 19th it's a Sunday..we'd love to have you guys & your club come hang out. :D Oh & Chris dont forget the "chicksada" will be delicioso again this year :thumbup: