I dont know anything about wheel offsets.

inline4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my uncle got extended nismo hardend studs with 8mm (witch is not that thick) "slip on spacers" safest spacer you can run in my book... not like those type you bolt on the hub, then bolt the wheel to it.. those suck and your wheels can fall off..

my uncle got extended nismo hardend studs with 8mm (witch is not that thick) "slip on spacers" safest spacer you can run in my book... not like those type you bolt on the hub, then bolt the wheel to it.. those suck and your wheels can fall off..

I've had those bolt to the hub then bolt the wheel to the spacer-spacers and never felt in danger. I ran them for years and nothing ever happened. I don't know of anyone personally that had anything bad happen to them if using these things normally. I think it's just a dislike of them that makes people assume they're dangerous.

Damn that overrider looks like :poop: on that dime. Sry, no pollution intended here. I know very little about offsets myself

Forget the overrider, what in the world is the function of only having 1 Yakima roof rack bars?

thats weird my uncle bought sport max 15x7 +15 offset and he rubs without atleast a 5mm spacer.....

heres a question for you what widith is your rim... yeah if you have a x6 +15 it wont rub

also i heard zx struts have diff angles maybe that has something to do with why some people rub and some dont...... quit being a puss and go get the wheels and if they rub handle that shit!!!!

thats weird my uncle bought sport max 15x7 +15 offset and he rubs without atleast a 5mm spacer.....

heres a question for you what widith is your rim... yeah if you have a x6 +15 it wont rub

also i heard zx struts have diff angles maybe that has something to do with why some people rub and some dont...... quit being a puss and go get the wheels and if they rub handle that shit!!!!

Hmm, yeah I think my wheels might be a 15x6 or 6.5? They are Enkei Compe-8's or I think the other name was Enkei 80?

you do know there are two different types of 280ZX struts, right? They have different hub angles so your camber would vary depending on what strut you have.

Aside from knowing the offset, wheel width is important. Are we all just assuming the wheels are 7 inches wide?

you do know there are two different types of 280ZX struts, right? They have different hub angles so your camber would vary depending on what strut you have.

Aside from knowing the offset, wheel width is important. Are we all just assuming the wheels are 7 inches wide?

yeah i pointed that out.... but the rims he posted are 7s..

Hmm, yeah I think my wheels might be a 15x6 or 6.5? They are Enkei Compe-8's or I think the other name was Enkei 80?

Wow I didn't know Enkei Compe-8's came in 15's. From what I've seen online (scan of a Enkei catalog) they only came in 13" and 14".

I did not know that. I forget which year I grabbed these struts from.

Wow I didn't know Enkei Compe-8's came in 15's. From what I've seen online (scan of a Enkei catalog) they only came in 13" and 14".

Sorry all this "15" talk got me confused. They are 14's. :lol:

I did not know that. I forget which year I grabbed these struts from.

Does anyone want to share what years the differences occurred and the amount of the change? Doesn't sound like enough of a difference for people to choose one year over the other as this is the first I've ever heard of this difference. :unsure:

Don't be a hater playa. You have a bug up your ass for spacers. I've been making and using them longer than you have been driving. I've been running them on my wagon for over a year now and my wheels are still on the car. :o

i think i remeber their being so many diff. variations that it was hard to keep track..

i also heard of people getting mis-matched set causing uneven camber issues....

Yeah, when I was doing the swap I was dealing with several different years of ZX struts and came across almost as many variations on the rotors as well. Seems like they did some slight variations over the years to the rotor design. I assume beefing them up as they got to the turbo version.

I wonder if anyone will figure out the most ideal combination of parts. :lol: