"The Blue Burrito"

burrito213

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1311633153666-1.jpg

Burrito, those bushings look awful similar to the 620, no idea if they are the same or not, but Napa still carries the ones for a 620. But good luck finding a counterman that can look them up. ;)

They are super easy to replace too.

Ohh, and one more person watching this thread(on occasion).

hey everybody, i just wanted to apologize. i was not looking for instant gratification when i made my comment but rather just the motivation to push on. i am sure with a success of a task comes some errors along with it and i am open to critisism both good or badand it motivates me to keep going.

Wayno, i will email Greg Clauss tommorow because i will have gotten paid. :lol: i will haz moniez. lol. hopefully he has an open heart for the taillights again.

i saw this on ebay yesterday and was wondering if anyone can confirm that this may be a good replacement piece for the truck:

-it is on ebay from (datsun-kentigo):

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item56452da79a

thanks Wayno. seems like your the only one holding interest in this build now. thanks for the support and motivation.

still like your front grille on your NL. :thumbup:

I've been keeping an eye on this build. Love the truck hope to see it up close one soon. :(

Oh and you hit the nail on the head with the engine bay. I don't care how badass your ride is, If the bay looks like shit the rig looks like shit.

I have people ask me all the time how I keep the engine bay on my Z so clean. I just don't let it get dirty.

After JCCS I'm going to pull the motor from the wagon and fix the engine bay. Way too many holes that have nothing in them. Freakin drives me nuts.

I beleave them parts will fit your NL320. They will fit any of the datsun king pin trucks/pickups all the way till the disc brake 620, it has ball joints. I think that part was cheaper a while back, oh well.:( You need to put your NL together before you forget how to. :lol:

no. i need to put it together before the dogs get to comfortable under there... both dogs are now lounging under the truck to stay away from the summer heat :angry: :lol: . i will come home from work and my golden retriever is more greasy than i am when i work on the truck.

but your right wayno, i was blowing up the wants on the truck instead of focusing on the needs but i am back to earth and know what i gotta do. its sad that i couldnt get it to where i wanted it (running and driving) but it will get there. i will keep posting as i go.

as far as the parts go...that will be my last resort,,,,, i think rock auto has them cheaper and a lot of parts stores stock 520 parts. not a lot but enough for me to buy if they are universal. (lil89ram50)- the ebay ones come with the bolt. im not sure of the rock auto yet.

datrod - thank you for your compliments and i agree 100% to what you said. i would love to plug/seal all unessessary holes but i cant so what i am using are sealing grommets the radio technicians use when they take an antenna out of a police car here at my work. its not fancy but it works. :)

and thanks eveyone else for checking in. i swear it means much to keep pushing on and knowing there is someone there looking in. as i post, if i make and error or you have input for something please be critical. im all ears.

Keep plugging away at it, sometimes I force myself to do something to one of the vehicles everyday, I was surprised how much I got done. I try to keep all the vehicles I have moving, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way, I have two right now that won't move under there own power, I'm doing pretty good though for how many I have, If I could find the time to install the engine in the 520 project, then only one will be inoperable, the other NL320.

update:

had to put the truck back on the ground for a moment and was pretty excited to see the truck on the ground. sadly, not much has come as for progress.

Wayno, i did send an email and i was told one more month. i feel by the end of the summer that these will come to reality. ;)

so i have been doing research on finding parts for the truck (bushings, swaybar bushing, dust caps, etc...). i have found some parts are universal all the way to the 620 truck so i started looking up the part numbers for the 521 on carpartsmanual.com and found two web pages that has these parts available. can anyone help me prove that these are legit web pages and not some scam website? i may use nissanpartszone but wont if told otherwise. i would also consider going to the dealership but i am not too happy with the way they charge for items. here are the websites below.

www.nissanparts.cc

www.nissanpartszone.com

so i got my hubs (well, had them since sunday) but thank you Gene for dropping them off. theyre still in my car :blink: . i have been reading Mklotz70's build thread for the disk brake conversion a couple of times and it just looks too easy but i wont know till i tackle that task. have to put the truck back on jack stands this weekend but i dint know if i can do that while i have my daughter with me.

nothing much, just a progress report.

1314893349499.jpg

• 1 month later...

got working on the tension rod this past weekend. it was a little bit of difficulty to get the bushings to fit and i was trying to build a how to but then realized my measurments for cutting the bushings were way off so i just got them to work best i could. question: do they need to be PFT or just snug when cranking on the nut? i put it tightly snug for now

and also tried putting on some newer screws with finishing bolts but i dont know if i will keep that or change it up. bolts were too long anyways.

1319230462925.jpg

old and new before they got resized. big difference

1319077725697.jpg

1319391049004.jpg

1319391061780.jpg

1319391008915.jpg

next is to finish the and clean the front stabilizer and slowly get the engine back in -or- get the disk brakes put on.

• 3 weeks later...

i was trying to get some quick work done by cleaning up the fenderwells and they were looking pretty good

1321115143552.jpg

but then i realized i wasnt finished cleaning them

1321115906651.jpg

oh well. i had to stop because i had to go study and get some stuff done.

on another note, i saw my engine on the stand and i was wondering if i need to be concerned about anything (i.e. sitting too long, anything i have to do to prevent any damage). i was told to add some oil on the inside of the cylinder head and a little oil on the pistons so the rings dont scar the walls. can anyone bring any insight to this?- i just want to be prepared before i get the engine back into the engine bay.

It has not been sitting that long has it, I have started engines that sat for nearly 4 years with no special prep, and had no issues. You will change the oil, right? When I start one of these long sitting engines, I do use fresh oil, as water/condensation can get in there. It has not been sitting outside getting wet, correct?

What happened to the turn signal holes in your front fenders?

It has not been sitting that long has it, I have started engines that sat for nearly 4 years with no special prep, and had no issues. You will change the oil, right? When I start one of these long sitting engines, I do use fresh oil, as water/condensation can get in there. It has not been sitting outside getting wet, correct?

What happened to the turn signal holes in your front fenders?

okay cool. thanks wayno. yeah, the engine really hasnt been out that long and has been garaged but i am going to use fresh new oil. recommended is 30w right?....i need to follow my old post about this question cuz i know i have asked this before.

turn signal holes and headlight holes are covered with blue painters tape so the undercoat stuff doesnt spray out to the front.

okay cool. thanks wayno. yeah, the engine really hasnt been out that long and has been garaged but i am going to use fresh new oil. recommended is 30w right?....i need to follow my old post about this question cuz i know i have asked this before.

turn signal holes and headlight holes are covered with blue painters tape so the undercoat stuff doesnt spray out to the front.

I don't know what is recomended for these older engines, I basicly run 20/50 in every gas engine I own if it is available(on sale), my diesels get Delo15/40. My dad was a auto mechanic for all his life, and he told me 20/50. I am sure there are as many reasons to run something else as there are Ratsun members, fact is, I just put any automotive oil I can find in the engine, as long as it is full, as I have not ever blown an engine full of oil.

It looked weird without the turn signal holes. I emailed Greg Clauss a while back about the lenses, he never got back to me about it, I don't know whats going on with them, I was hoping it would be done by now.

. I emailed Greg Clauss a while back about the lenses, he never got back to me about it, I don't know whats going on with them, I was hoping it would be done by now.

i emailed his ebay store and found out it was him. he said he would get back to me but nothing yet.

i wont lie, it has been really frustrating wanting, waiting and wishing for this product. Greg knows we're interested but he is just playing us around for the moment. i really dont know what is the delay in these because, by now, there is a vested interest in these tailights again. i will wait patiently. but after i get my set i am really going to look into finding another resource.

i emailed his ebay store and found out it was him. he said he would get back to me but nothing yet.

i wont lie, it has been really frustrating wanting, waiting and wishing for this product. Greg knows we're interested but he is just playing us around for the moment. i really dont know what is the delay in these because, by now, there is a vested interest in these tailights again. i will wait patiently. but after i get my set i am really going to look into finding another resource.

There is another outfit that will make them, Bob found a place, but they would be about $200. a set. I just looked at the date I sent the email inquiring about progress, 11-2-11, but I think I have waited longer in the past for a reply from him.

the reason i dont mind waiting is because i have big ticket items i would like or need to get first....for example the front winshield, which is priority, then the tailight bezels which even the higher powers above know i'm looking for em' :lol:, and the odds and ends that stop me from having the funding to buy the tailight housing.... so, in a way, it has been kinda working out but i would like to get the truck back on the road with some fresh tailight housings to compliment the truck haha.

im not worried. just anticipating...... greg, if you are reading this "quit dangling the cheese already. :lol: make us some tailights! :hmm: :unsure: :crying: :lol: :rofl:

on another note, i have been working on some quick stuff for fun at work and if i get it done tommorow i will post some pics. want to get back to the truck but its on hold till i get this school test outta the way.

here we go, finally done. now i know i should be cleaning stuff and getting the truck back on the road but i ran into some down time and came up with two ideas. i am sure this has been done before and i believe i seen it on a truck or two at one point or another.

here is a grill badge that i finished up. looks cool i think. i am still learning:

1321385032229.jpg

1321385015073.jpg

1321385132087.jpg

1321384979955.jpg

and here is the cross wrenches i did up. my question is if it is ratsun enough with the jb weld and all :lol: . i thought it looks cool and may fit perfectly on the rearview mirror or next to the exhaust end to represent ratsun. :cool:

1321385254732.jpg

1321385227166.jpg