JCCS show 2007

Ok, i was told for me [coming from the south] @ the end of the exit turn right & go a few blocks till i see a strip mall & across the street from that is a gas station. Im sure at that hour whoever gets there 1st will be easy to spot. Whoever does should make a few calls & say ok im here at the gas station or whatever, dont go past me...:cool:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there room for Me to leave the Xterra and trailer for the day? Help!!!! PS, Mark, I mounted My "You know what" today!!!!! It looks AWESOME!! The 70s have really returned now!!!

Mike , we'll have to scan the area when we meet to see if theres a place to leave the Xterra & trailer. Or, Jason said when we get to the 710 instead of going south we go north 1 exit & theres a few industrial areas that may work as a storage place for the day. And yeah cant wait to see "you know what" :D

Ok talked with Steroid this morning & he's gonna meet us @ the seal beach exit but arrive a bit earlier than us & scan the area & see where he can park the Xterra/trailer. My cell. # is 619-723-6235 incase i didnt post it yet & i have all the #'s of whos meeting there @ 6am. Remember a few blocks away from the freeway is a strip mall & a gas station...whoever gets there 1st go ahead & make a few calls & say where your at. I have a few more details to do on the 320 & ill be ready to go Sat. morning @ 3am.

scan the area & see where he can park the Xterra/trailer

If you are a registered participant, you could tow it all the way in. The truck parking is right at the show participant entrance this year and, there is a parking area for tow vehicles provided. Just make sure you come in early. I should be there at about 5-5:30-ish.

~phiz

I did talk with a guest @ work last night who lives in Seal beach & she told me if you make a right at the end of the exit [for me coming up 405 N] & go 1 or 2 blocks theres a small strip mall & a gas station we could meet at...whadya guys think..we meet there?

any idea what the gas station is? (76, chevron, arco?)..makes no difference, as I get off the freeway and turn right..I will be on the phone to you and see if you are there yet and such...C-Ya tomorrow....Ron

Ok talked with Steroid this morning & he's gonna meet us @ the seal beach exit but arrive a bit earlier than us & scan the area & see where he can park the Xterra/trailer. My cell. # is 619-723-6235 incase i didnt post it yet & i have all the #'s of whos meeting there @ 6am. Remember a few blocks away from the freeway is a strip mall & a gas station...whoever gets there 1st go ahead & make a few calls & say where your at. I have a few more details to do on the 320 & ill be ready to go Sat. morning @ 3am.

My number is 503-740-9757 (That's an oregon number for you californians). I wont be rolling my datsun but will be bringing my stratus. I kinda got distracted by halo 3 so some of the stuff I wanted to bring isnt ready. I will be there this early just as a supporter and a photographer...

OK I took a 100 pictures and will get to the posting real soon...but in the meantime...We (all 6 or 7) of us did not win Trophy one...not even a sniff...but we all had a real good time...(Javin, a "BLAST" is right..sorry bout that sunburn!)..anyway, just to let ya know what went on at the show...Oh and by the way.."OL Yeller" didn't win anything either, but LOOK WHO GOT THE TROPHY GIRLS POSING NEXT TO .....yellersgirls.jpg

Just for everyone's information..there will be many many more photos posted..also a great HUGE thanks to Datsun Dreamers wife for taking these awesome photos...............Also we need to keep our eyes on the TV show "car Crazy"..they were there all day filming...

Sorry for posting so late after the show, i had to work early the next day after gettting home late due to 320 issues [more on that later]. I will say this..i had an absolute blast all around. The meeting spot,the cruise in, the show & just hanging out with you guys. It was MY pleasure to see you guys again & meet a few of you for the 1st time. Jason & wife TY for the 620 dash tray BTW :cool:. This year we had 14 Datsun trucks in show which is triple the # from last year. I have a few issues with the way they decided to lump all the trucks together instead of in the catagories they assigned us into at judging time but it's ok,didnt go for a trophy anyways. Ill be posting my pics on the other thread as soon as i upload em...:D

... I have a few issues with the way they decided to lump all the trucks together instead of in the catagories they assigned us into at judging time but it's ok,didnt go for a trophy anyways. ...

I kinda agree with you on the award catagories issue and, I've already been recieving comments from other JCCS "staffers" on the issue. An NL320 being passed over for things like a FJ-based, rotting, fire truck just dosen't seem right. The REPU that took two awards was certainly deserving but, with so many Datsun trucks in attendance, I think there should have been an additional catagory besides just "Best Truck".

Even with some of the cars, the judging seemed to lean favorably toward JDM vehicles.

It was a great show and a great turn-out! I was very happy to see so many of you make it this year. I'm glad I didn't leave my truck in the parking lot this year, either. Your trucks all looked awsome and, must of had a positive effect on mine since, after all the trouble I had driving in, the truck ran fine all the way home! (Today was another story....maybe my truck just dosen't like to wake-up that early, either.)