JCCS show 2007

Trophys. Who needs 'em?!?!? Ron proved that!!! Anyway, You might remember that the 1st year they had AWESOME glass trophys made (instead of this years LAME plaques) and didn't hand out any for wagon or truck class. A lady totally blew up when She was told "there weren't more than 5 vehicles in that class, so no trophys"!! She said "Well You had better take a hammer to them then"!! Anyway, I feel (My opinion) this run is about friendship. Old and New!!! It was an awesome time. We have now formed SWDP (So. West Datsun Pickups), not as a club per-say, but as a devoted group of cool truck fans that get together at this and other events. No attitudes, a short cruise, lounging (Guy didn't even know did He??) and checking out awesome cars. Welcome to those I just met and thanks to those of You I already knew. It was a great day!! And did I mention, it was ONLY $40.00 WITH a t-shirt!!!!! See You next year.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guy's, Me and my wife had a awesome time! Just like steroid said from the meet to the caravan and the show everything was great and everybody was so cool!!!! This was my first year and i'm already looking forward to the next:D. Hey Mark my truck gave me issues on my way home as well.....On the 405 it started to "sputter" only once but i have never had that happen before so i was a little concerned....after a couple of pitstops to a buddys house we got back on the freeway and going down the 15n it did it again so i got off on sierra(ironically were we met guy and steroid!) to put gas, When i tried to start my truck it was turning but would not start so i tried to push start in reverse and nothing...still cranking but did not start....at this point i was losing it...it was dark and i was still at least 25 miles from my house so i started cussing and using gods name in vain (LOL!)....when this couple asked if i needed any help, i told them where i was coming from and how good my day was and he told we will get it running and we did after a very long push start!!! I'm sorry to say i did not get their names name but if your reading this me and my wife thank you very,very much!!!!The next day it started fine im guessing just a case of bad gas or something i will look into more later. But overall it was a great day and i'm looking forward to doing it again next year!(this time without the truck issues hopefully:cool:LOL!!!!!

OK here we go......... "TROPHIES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING TROPHIES"

Let me say that #1 I am in total agreement with you Mike... This year was just about the most fun ever. Just being with other people who share the "Datsun passion" was worth the price of admission. (oh and yes Mike..those "Lame lookin" plaques sure did make those 1st year glass trophies look good huh)

Meetin all of the new people (new to me that is) was the best. The family atmosphere is the best at this show, and we were like a big family Saturday.

Man the early mornin meetin at the gas station and the caravan to the show was just the best (although our caravan leader almost got 1/2 of us lost by missing the damn off ramp..who the heck elected him to be the leader?) Wait a minute............I WAS THE LEADER!....Mark sorry bout goin to fast!!!

Now then to the real reason for this post...Look at the photo of the young man standing on the post....Are those antenna sticking out of his head?..Hmmmmmm was that an alien in our midst takin pictures of us? (is that you Javin? (spiffinspudater......Hmmm is that some sort of alien nickname? Hmmmm) listen if you guys need more proof of his MAYBE being an outer spaceer....his "girlfriend had to keep him on a LEASH later on!!!!!!

By the way.....Javin..PLEASE pass on to your girlfriend (Amanda) my own personal thank you for taking some of the awesome group pictures that she took with my camera....Thank you... (and thank YOU for coming, even though you did not have your truck ready this year...that is great that that you did that................shows real dedication man

Now then, my own personal thanks to each and everyone of you for helping to make this years show so special fior my Son and I.......

RonQueenmary86.jpg

Queenmary22.jpg

That orange truck is an awesome survivor also!! Is He on here yet? I have already (c.r.s.) forgotten His name already. Welcome if You are!! Almost like a dealer lotfull!! New 620s!!!!!!

Awesome pics Mark! Did you get the name of the guy with the 521 that had my brackets? Always nice to put a rig with a name. I'm wondering if he is the guy that I talked on the phone with a month or so ago?

Hey BEEBANI that is the same guy who was bad mouthing your brackets on the old datsun pickup lovers site my girlfriend (derux521) and I along with Fineline commented on it on that site

So, I am curious, why didnt they give out awards in the truck and wagon class? It look as if you had enough vehicles to have a class...I am interested. It has happend to me a few times..not enough cars in class.........

I think that they did do a "truck" class but that included ALL trucks. And that made the class too large. This is just as I understand.

Ok ive been to many shows & our club has done 3 charity 1 day shows so i know how it works. What they did was put you in either the "stock" or Modified" class depending on what you wrote on your reg. form. Only 2 choices either stock or modified so right there that limits the number of trophys [plaques] they have to buy. They wait until pre reg is closed & then order the plaques so as not to overspend which i understand. There were close to 14 Datsun trucks showing this year, a few Toy's & a few Mazda's. IMO what should have happened is to have enough awards [1st 2nd & 3rd] in each class & also seperate the Datsun's from the Toy's etc....But instead ALL of the trucks were in the running for just THREE plaques which may or may not piss a few people off to say the least. Myself & the rest of the SWDP guys didnt really go for a trophy but stilll the question was asked....WTF just happened ?? I WILL be emailing the organizers here soon & pose these questions & suggest a few ideas to help satisfy the peolple who may or not be back next year. Done get me wrong either, the SWDP crew will be back next year to hang out & represent our classics :D

Well put Mark...I myself am not upset or pissed off..(I thinnk that is a product of having attended the last 3 (or all of them) and I have seen the way "things are")...soooooooo Ray and I had a long discussion on the way there as to the fact that this year we were gonna have a ball and to heck with worrying bout some Lame ASS plaques....(besides the way it turned out, I may not have gotten a trophy, but, I GOT THE TROPHY GIRLS!!!..I hope that one of those photos makes it into a JDM magazine.....)

Here is a point to ponder for all that attended....If you remember the Red 620 that got second place this year.(He was the truck that was not parked in the Datsun truck section with us!!).......He has attended all 3 shows as well and did not trophy the first 2 years with the same truck...also the "winner" this year was 2nd place last year....(the green 520) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......anyway..I will be posting my pictures soon as well..........................Ron

Mark,Ron, I couldn't agree with both of you guy's more! This was my first year of attending so i realy didn't know how the judging goes it just would have been nice for the judges to widen the classes in the judging areas as far as "trucks",Some of the time, work and history that were in the datsun truck section was amazing some guys 30+ years!, Just look at the pictures that alone speaks for itself!!! I will definately be their next year representing SWDP, I will not get discouraged over the poor judging just the family atmosphere the truck section had was worth every moment!!!! Thanks to everyone for the great time.......Datsun Dreamer:D

Ron good points & i understand fully. I just emailed the organizers of JCCS,,tell me what you guys think.....heres what i wrote.....

mark lynn: Hi my name is Mark & showed my 65 datsun L 320 at your show last sat. & had a really good time. My question is why were all the trucks lumped together instead of being seperated by make & or "stock" or "modified" as it said on our judging sheets ? Dont get me wrong i didnt come for a trophy & i will be back next year but its a question myself & all of the Datsun trucks in show were asking. In my opinion i think the Datsuns, Toyotas, Mazda trucks should have thier own class & do a 1st -3rd in each. It doesnt seem fair to lump them all together like it was done. There were enough truck sin show this year & i believe it could have been done this way, Ive organized & ran a few custom car shows in recent years & would love to offer my advice/ help in any way possible. I know to organize a huge event like the JCCS is a huge undertaking & you have my sympathy. I appreciate you taking my questions & suggestions into consideration & if i can be of any help just let me know. Respectfully.......Mark lynn.

'Ya know, this year really threw Me off. Ron, as You know, We talked a little about this and even said "theres who/what will win this year". Now, wasn't there a first, second and third for ONLY the Mazda rotary class? So they should have been eleminated. Then there were stocks and modifieds. That should have been 6 plaques, right? Wrong? We were showing against EVERY modified vehicle there. And You were showing against EVERY stock vehicle there. But what threw Me off was closed hoods verses open hoods, restored stockers verses a truck like Mine, which is basically stock (NOT a big motor like the red 620 or Guy's V6) just bodywork, so that doesn't make since. Now, did Guy have any motor chance given that His powerplant is American made? So the real question is. What the heck ARE they looking for? And just WHO does the judging? Why would a truck compete with, for example, a 1200 roadster? I'm at a total loss. Also, did You notice the usual show classes that have been missing such as Best Paint, Best Interior, Etc.??? So it all boils down to this....... I Myself will NEVER expect a trophy at this event. Just a great time away from the desert looking at the ocean blue and mingling with My friends, old and new. Hey!!! That was a rhyme!!!!!!

One other thought.. I have no idea how shows are judged in Japan. Given Their culture, IE: $$$$$$ statis, maybe, just maybe, they judge on how much a vehicle LOOKS like it is worth or has been pumped into it. In Japan the elite show their statis off even more than We do over here. So maybe, just maybe, Our stuff just looks "cheap" to them. Really, just how much ARE some of those JDM vehicles worth? If You think about it, was it mostly "bling" vehicles that were winning??? Just a thought. I'll be honest, I wonder just how well Derek's truck would have done if it had've been showing. It is a GORGEOUS truck and I am curious about the response that it would have made. I've never told any of You this before, but at the first show, I was allowed to see the truck voting response. I only had one vote. It was kinda' an ego issue with Me then, which I didn't understand. The vehicle (which really wasn't a truck in My opinion) was the Datsun Patrol. Ron, correct Me if I am wrong, but He later ended up with a trophy somehow, but it WASN'T announced to the crowd.

OK i got a quick reponse back from Terry..heres what she said.

Thanks for contacting Mark, glad you had good time.

to clear your questions, this 2007 is for "TRUCK and WAGON" featured in JCCS when it has been announced since late June. http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/register.htm

All Datsun tucks were not just together on the super the best location in the park... the best location because it was all for Datsun trucks we love and "featured" models. That spot is for always special cars. It is a bit disappointing to know of all the truck owners thought there that way against our intention to do better for Datsun trucks this year.

The area was separated as Datsuns 320 in the corner "and" 620 etc. (if the parking was done correctly) We had awards only for Trucks, however if our US/JAPAN JCCSA judges votes for a truck which was intentionally parked in different area, then it is eligible also. We understand which car you are talking about, yes that Mazda truck was probably too nice to avoided for judges. We had Datsun pick up awards in 2006 however we chose this overall truck awards instead (category was shown on the website) because of the future vehicles, though we will get back to the basic next year. "Datsun truck award". Even this year, we have already closed to 100 awards to give....

Modified and Originals are unfortunately not going to be separated in JCCS. It should be nice if we can do, however because of the unique venue, and large numbers of models and categories it is not working, since it is already pretty chaotic in the morning parking. We are not to concentrate into the competition as you know and have been announced, it is pretty unreal for now and we would prefer not giving all the participants hard time, and prefer the smooth parking for them. currently, already not smooth at all. Logistic issues are existing also.

Mr, Lynn, thank you for your feedbacks and comments, and we apology for any inconvenient you had. We'll get back to the basics in 2008, to have Datsun Pickup award back.

Again, thank you for your support and advice. Hope we can do better and will try to recruit many more volunteers to help in the parking too.

Sincerely,

:::**::::**:::**:::**:::**:::**:::**::**:::**:::

Terry Yamaguchi

Japanese Classic Car Show Association

JCCS info: (562)472-4562

www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com