JCCS show 2007

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

itd be cool if someone printed shirts like that :D

Hang in there with that thought...Maybe they will come up with a different shirt this year...maybe that photo is it.................watch the JCCS website for more information.........................they will have a photo of the t-shirt for this year soon, I feel sure.

Datsun trucks are going to take over this year!!! How many of You are committed this year and what types are coming? Mark, aren't three 320s coming that You know of? If so, that should be 4 total of that model if the guy shows up once again with the red one. I am sure that a few 521s will show that We don't converse with on here. MJy dually project. I cann't wait to see the Japanese folks eyes when the see a 620 fourdoor cab!! More than likely, 99% of everyone there might not have EVER seen a fourdoor cab. Until I bought this one, the last time I had ever seen one was in 1978. Are any Kingcabs coming? I don't know of any. Ryan, are You coming again? Ron, how many trucks from Your collection are coming? I remember Your vintage "2 wheeler" last year. Maybe I should blow them away with My 8 foot long chopped Honda 500!!!!! It was built in 1981 by Denver Mullins and I have owned it since 1984. I rode to the Olympics in L.A. that year and I remember being photographed by a bunch of Japanese tourists that were going nuts to see a chopped Honda!!!! And the BIG question is................ Will Mark add another "sign" to His collection?!?!?! Maybe, just maybe, Mark will bring an elusive Datsun street sing to display!!!!

Maybe i can talk Ray (My Son) into bringing the restored Honda 450 again this year..looks like "ol yeller" will be the only truck from me this year..."Truckee" (My white 72,) wont be ready for her debut yet, and yep Mark and I will have to see about adding the Truck signs to our "collection" again

Mike yes 3 320's showing this year & maybe a 4th. Myself & another from here in SD, Stephen's red 64 320 & possibly 1 from the lake arrowhead area. Ron Ol yeller is 1 of my fav. 620's & hanging out w/ you guys was very kool. Mike, the 4 door is gonna turn some heads for sure. Ryan should be there but prob. driving up with me,he's Datsun-less @ the moment...& yeah that mystery sign may make an appearance :D

2eDeYe;12823'']I'm pretty sure that's an old mazda. Cool trucks.

Yep that is a Mazda..look real close on the grill, has the rotary badge...and I am sure it is the one that was there last year, tailgate is red with white "Mazda Rotary" on it ...quite cool actually...(Well for a mazda anyway! LOL)

Hey guys. As most of You know, I have been trying to purchase EVERY magazine that has ever had a mini truck (specifically, Datsuns) printed. I am VERY, very close to that goal. Why am I mentioning it here?? When Terie and I went to Japan last April, We met, and graciously rode around Tokyo with, Makato Okamura who is editor of Truck Trends magazine. At that time, He sold Me issues #3 through 14 and during Our drive I found issue #1 (much to His suprize!) in a Tokyo magazine store. I don't know if You guys knew but My truck, Funtana, was in issue 14 and later as I went page by page through what I had, I found James "layin a 521" truck which had been photographed at a show in Las Vegas in another issue. Well................... hold onto Your hats for some good news. But first, I have been in negotiation with Shige (who owns Mooneyes in Yokohama) to track down the remaining issues and bring My collection up to date. He located the missing issue #2 and sent 15 through 22 which arrived yesterday. And just what did I find on page 32 of issue 18???? Photos from last years Japanese Classic Car Show!! There is one picture of a blue 521, 2 pictures of the pea green 521, one picture of OLD YELLER', and 3 pictures of Ryan's truck!!! You guys trucks are celebritys in Japan!!! Anyway, I don't know how to post photos yet here so I just sent them to Mark. Hopefully He can add it here. Congratulations!!! See You in October.

Thanks Mark!!!!

That posted very nicely?? Whatever You do "photowise" is awesome!

The photo credit is Hiroshe Nose. Is that the guy You were talking to? If so, didn't He give Us a copy of a magazine with cars for sale and such?

Ron must have either been arriving or leaving as the Honda is in the back. Ron, do You remember that photo?

So, Ryan's truck is gone??? It won't be coming this year? Thanks again, Mike

Thanks Mark!!!!

That posted very nicely?? Whatever You do "photowise" is awesome!

The photo credit is Hiroshe Nose. Is that the guy You were talking to? If so, didn't He give Us a copy of a magazine with cars for sale and such?

Ron must have either been arriving or leaving as the Honda is in the back. Ron, do You remember that photo?

So, Ryan's truck is gone??? It won't be coming this year? Thanks again, Mike

Nope don't remember the photo, but I think it looks like we are just arriving..no shadow..and it seems as though the sun was shining later on in the afternoon....Ray does think that it was taken by the same guy he talked with for quite a long time that day concerning the Honda 450...which by the way has been "OK'd" for this year again..seems as though more people wanted to talk about that particular bike than anything else to Ray last year...Most of the Asians (Older ones) that looked it over had so many "I had one of those" type comments....

Hi Ron!!

I looked at it with My magnifing glass again and if You look closely, You are waving and there is a passenger. UMMMMmmmmmmm, if I do bring the Honda, does Terry have to "OK" it first? I hadn't thought of that! I have not photographed it since 1984. I totally rebuilt it and re-chromed a lot in 1985. It has been garaged since then. It even has a vintage crushed velvet seat!! Anyway, I think that I will for sure bring it and even if it isn't "allowed", I can put it up on the trailer. I might just leave it in the dually's bed also. By the way, if You wanted a copy of that issue (Ryan and anyone else too) I can ask Shige to bring a copy. Those magazines are $10.00 each. When I was in Japan they were about $9.00 then. Good quality magazine, though. Japanese magazines are printed on much thicker paper. Did You meet Shige by chance at the Moon kiosk?

First of all...YES! ! I would Love to get a copy of the magazine and thank you for the offer...secondly as for the bike...Last year Ray called Terry and asked about bringing the Honda..(I was not sure then if it was ok) He told Ray sure..just be sure it was not in the way of the cars...so I would say to you, yep bring it if you want....remember that other truck ( I think it was a toyota) also had a Yamaha RD in the back....sooo I would guess it would be OK

Steve- Ryans truck just needed a new clutch disc. Mind you like all of our trucks they act up every now & then & i guess he had enough & parted it out. Dreamer- My friend reg'd the other day, he has a 79 620. We'll be doing some shaving on it & primering it al 1 color for the show.

OK, I'm registered. The check arrived Friday and I "linked" onto the form to Terry. No numbers for Us yet. Not until 2 weeks or so before the run will We know. I will write to Shige and see if He can bring three #18s of Truck Trends. Don't forget, though, that they will be at least $10.00. Mike Venagas (of Lowlife Videos) had a box last year and was trying to sell them for $15.00 each. I knew that I was going to Japan so I just waited and bought Mine over there. But Shige's prices are better. I know of no other way to obtain them.

Fantastic! Mike....this is just what we were looking for...remember the first year..only 3 620s...last year just 4 620s.....sounds like a bunch more this year, good on everyone...can't wait.......................