nukeday

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that new look... Being a long time fan of wwII aircraft and well things russian I love the yak-9 theme you're going with here. Looks real nice man! By the way what are the rims that you have one there from?

^^^Is that a '68 bumper? or did the '69 come with that light too?

That's looking awesome! Glad your still working on it. Are you selling it still? I hope to see it at Canby.

I'm pretty sure it's a '69 bumper. I've considered selling the bumper and installing one from a later model. The scoop thing between the taillights is actually a license plate light. There are four little dash bulb sized light bulbs up inside that thing. I think 2 of them even work.

It's still for sale. If I can get it to Canby under it's own power, I figure someone might want it...? It's gonna' be full of 521 parts, and some 1200 stuff I picked up, and a few '72 510 spares. If I can get the extra buckets in it without scrubbing the rear tires, they'll be in there too. I'm possibly going to try to grab a vendor spot last minute or pay part of someone else's to pawn this stuff...

I love that new look... Being a long time fan of wwII aircraft and well things russian I love the yak-9 theme you're going with here. Looks real nice man! By the way what are the rims that you have one there from?

The rims are 15" 4 lug, but I have no idea what they are off of. They might actually be narrow front driver rims since they tuck quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they are Nissan, but I have no way to know for sure. They are actually mismatched too. The rear two have a trim ring for a small hub cap, and the front's don't.

Cool, I'm glad those paint masks worked out good for you.

It's really cool.

A whole crap load more rivets, and it will really come to life. (that's all it's missing.)

I could always cut you a whole bunch in a darker color if you want. (if the ones your kids are making for you are too bright)

Not sure this car is going to make it to Canby, but I'm going to try. I spent a little time today on the wiring, and didn't find anything conclusive. The easy checks didn't reveal any obvious problems, so it's something that will require more time.

On the upside, I did bleed the front brakes and clutch, and re-installed the interior. Took way longer than it should have, and it still looks pretty ratty. Got the stock bench seat put in back, and the SE-R buckets in front. The SE-R seats were a tight fit, side to side, and I'm not real happy with how low the rear of the seats are. But, they are bolted in securely and at least they are a matching set. I didn't realize just how small the car is inside with all the seats in it. Putting the final bolts in the rear of the last bucket was a bit of a squeeze. Now I know what datzenMike was talking about as far as getting in the back seat.

Trying to sort out boxes of what goes and what doesn't for the swap meet spot and I am completely amazed at how much stuff I have for Datsuns. I have a bunch of stuff for Datsuns I don't even own. Dang.

Hope the autocross goes well tomorrow, hope to see everyone Saturday morning. :D

Thanks Jer! I think I have it sorted out, the alt is now charging at 14.3. Doesn't look like it's overcharging, but I'll keep an eye on it. Drove it for about 2 hours today, errands and so forth. I think it's ready, but the clutch is still not quite right, very close, but I grind it and miss gears about 2 in 5 attempts...lol...

Ran out of time to finish the rivets, but I think I'll bring the tape and the hole punch and just do some more tomorrow at the show...

So Creepy, this is as far as I got. It still needs more on the rear and the roof. More better?

335_3512.jpg

335_3509.jpg

335_3510.jpg

335_3511.jpg

See ya' at Canby :)

Thanks! We sure had fun putting it together.

The exhaust came loose on the way up today, and set me back an additional hour from the already lost hour adjusting the clutch. Here's a hint *you can adjust the clutch for an hour and not realize the return spring is missing*...lol...finally got that sorted out, only to have the exhaust hanger break just south of Albany. Thing is, there's only one, the pipe is hung from the downpipe and the rear bumper, that's it.

Struck a deal yesterday with the510keeper (James & Victory) and he will be picking the car up tomorrow on his way south. I'm really happy it went to him (her?)... :D

Thanks for all the props, meets are so crazy, everyone has two names and I still don't know enough faces to remember who's who. Who wants to buy a 521?

Dang james bought the truck too

Actually, Alex bought the 320 and Vicy's dad bought the 521.

Congrats to the car for finding a good home.

Did you ever use the fabric paint?

I agree, I was thrilled when I learned James was interested in the car. It's in good hands, just spoke with James & Victory a little while ago, they are in California. Only problem going over the Siskyou's was that the fuel line popped off the input to the carb. Stuck it back on, tightened up the hose clamp and they are still rolling.

Nope on the fabric paint, I think the seats I have here are from a roadster, so who knows I might still get my chance. :)

WOW this car is so cool, Victory drove the Can Can most the way home with many looks from other drivers. She was smiling every time i passed her. Then Alex took over from Medford home. A Russian driver was very appropriate. Also with a big smile. The car is fun, Victory drove it to work today with many positive comments from co workers. Now we can really sell the White Knight. Seems to be a great daily driver, and she loves it. In 2 weeks we will be driving it on a Sacramento Datsun chapter fun run. And we are not changing any thing about the car.

As far as the 320 will be on my trailer at my shop until Alex decides where to take it. Looks like i will be painting it.

Still need to pick up the 521

Great to meet Todd and his family, thanks for everything

James and Victory

WOW this car is so cool, Victory drove the Can Can most the way home with many looks from other drivers. She was smiling every time i passed her. Then Alex took over from Medford home. A Russian driver was very appropriate. Also with a big smile. The car is fun, Victory drove it to work today with many positive comments from co workers. Now we can really sell the White Knight. Seems to be a great daily driver, and she loves it. In 2 weeks we will be driving it on a Sacramento Datsun chapter fun run. And we are not changing any thing about the car.

As far as the 320 will be on my trailer at my shop until Alex decides where to take it. Looks like i will be painting it.

Still need to pick up the 521

Great to meet Todd and his family, thanks for everything

James and Victory

it makes me really happy to know your not going to un rat that bad ass datsun.

i was so happy that of all people you got it, seeing what you do i know it will be in a great home for a datsun. But to tell the truth i was very worryed that some one was going to buy this and just make it look like every other datsun. this is the road warrior coffie can ratsun 510, there wont ever be another like it.

• 4 weeks later...