should i get it???

ive been looking for a pre-smog 620, but have not been able to find any, and when i do find one the seller never replys to their email or answers the phone..

so i was on crazedlist and found one up in the san fran area that is already modified, but its done almost to a tee how i planned on doing mine. he is asking an awesome price, which is why i am on here asking you guys.

you see the price is lower than i was expecting, but the problem is he bought the truck from a guy with a lost title, he has a bill of sale, and will give me a bill of sale as well, it recently passed smog approx 2 weeks ago, but has not been registered since 2002. should i make the 9 hour drive and risk it not being legit once i try to register it? cause since it passed smog i will be registering it as soon as i get it down here (as long as the DMV is open)

here is a pic of the truck:

3n73kc3ld5O05Pd5S4a2bd62bff50ef6d1681.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should call dmv (800-777-0133) and see how much is due for registration fees. then decide if you want the truck. the title issue is not a worry. if you end up purchasing the truck you need to go to dmv, fill out a Statement Of Facts and explain that you bought it from (Mike Hocksbig) and include that to your knowledge, there are no liens on the vehicle. make sure you have the bill of sale, pay your fees, and your title will arrive in about 2 weeks. hope this helps. good luck!

you should call dmv (800-777-0133) and see how much is due for registration fees. then decide if you want the truck. the title issue is not a worry. if you end up purchasing the truck you need to go to dmv, fill out a Statement Of Facts and explain that you bought it from (Mike Hocksbig) and include that to your knowledge, there are no liens on the vehicle. make sure you have the bill of sale, pay your fees, and your title will arrive in about 2 weeks. hope this helps. good luck!

the dmv fees are about 450

and off topic...i saw you just got a MkII VW...here's mine:

IMGP1988.jpg

Thats a clean custom 620.

be leary of the "lost title" ..........

Go to the his local DMV with him & inquire what it will cost to get all the paperwork straight.

I went & still am going through complications with DMV regarding my 510 wagon.

The guy i bought it from also did'nt have a title....

im still jumping through fire hoops trying to get it in my name....hence it's off the road for awhile.

If the guy's legit he'll go with you to DMV...if he's "busy" or "doesnt" have time walk away from the deal.

sweet VWs mang. We specialize in European vehicles but will work on anything with wheels. Currently we are putting a vr6 in a rabbit truck. Good amount of work. Also rebuilding a 24v vr6 with JE pistons, Rods, teflon coated bearings, cams, etc at the moment. Should be a sweet build. If anyone in the bay area is looking for quality work, come and see us down in Campbell. http://www.ozsportinc.com/

Current pictures of my mk2:

33ys200.jpg

wb75v4.jpg

its a 76, so no its not presmog...i just got back from up there and did not get it. it looks better in the picture than in person, but it is better than i was expecting.

i didnt get it because the cost of the trailer to get it down here put me over what i was willing to spend. he said he's most likely gonna register it and drive it around till it sells, it will be at the Datsun meet in sacramento

not good enough. Put some low profile tires on those wheels, pull the helper springs out and get the duck bill on the ground.

Nightshots3.jpg

haha the helper springs are out, the bill scrapes on every thing :rofl: Im gonna laugh when he hits a dip in the rd at speed and rips it off

ill tell him tho