85 720 K/C..new truck for me

Ok repair complete ! Went to fire the 1st time & the timing was 180 degrees off. Dropped the oil pump & corrected it. On Z 24's the rotor MUST point to the #1 plug on the exhaust side with the #1 cylinder @ TDC compression stroke.

I swear if the head gasket ever fails again im paying a mechanic to fix it :P

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Moises..6 freakin days to do this repair & my back is killin me. F that ill break down & pay next time it's just not worth it.

What we ended up doing is...with the front cover off we removed the tensioner from the block, slid the block in & tapped it as far as it would go w/ a flathead screwdriver, then reinstalled the tensioner, then put the cam sprocket back on.

Reason why we did this is that the wedge was "pushing" the chain down & making the tensioner come out. We rounded the bottom edges of the wedge too & that helped alot.

The engine idle now is a bit low so that needs to be adressed.

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like pics of the 4x4, I can PM you my email addy if you want. Love your 720, you may have mentioned it but what kind of welder are you using? Also, how did you mount that rack? Do 720s have rain gutters?

Sorry for the late reply. Im using a Lincoln 3200 mig welder & yes 720 have rain gutters.

I started today on the next mod which is also an "upgrade". These were basically free so why not right... :rolleyes: These lights are off an 88 Maxima. It took alot of trimming of the core support & the buckets but theyre now mounted. Ill be doing the wiring & a little more trimming in the next few days.

o511cn.jpg

2nja451.jpg

10qyk5s.jpg

2wdx5ds.jpg

95u2p0.jpg

The kool thing is Ill be able to run a brighter bulb than stock & theres a small housing that accepts a #94 bulb. I may wire those up seperately & connect to a switch.

2eDeYe' date='09 February 2011 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1297276302' post='425032']

I always dug that 720 mod :cool:

Me too ! I was going to put these on the 620 but plans changed. i now have them mounted & wired up. I used the low/high beam plug to wire them up..very easy. I will also drill holes in the grill so i can access the adjusting screws on the buckets.

24c5xs3.jpg

& then i took the cowl down to bare metal & experimented...

j5vwvn.jpg

what truck are you taking to FFF..show?

I love the beach shot, wish I was down there, blue sky, sun...up here rain, cold, rain. cold...sun once in awhile, but then really cold...but spring is getting closer

The beach is always nice...we have sunny days with an occasional cloud mixed in & occasionally I have to put a jacket on :cool:

Dave the 720 will be at the FF show. After the show Im taking Shingo to Mikes for a few days & i need a reliable truck for the drive.

Today i got the hood all 1 color & got the bare metal cowl [clear coated] put on. And i made a roll pan & floating plate bracket today.

I swore i wasnt gonna mod this truck too much back when i bought it :rolleyes:

2cmrmdt.jpg

2wlzehu.jpg

the pan has bends on all 4 corners & ill be adding a few brackets for strength later...

ffcrr5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Many moons since the last update ! Im now running 620 rims caps & rings thanks to Nevtony :thumbup: The AZ summer heat caused my other tires to "explode" & had to be tossed.

i5x1lt.jpg

On one of my trips to the river towing the boat it decided to come off the ball & put a few dents on my tailgate...super :mad: It bugged me all summer until a few weeks ago i decided to "hide" the dents. I cut the letters off a 521 gate & tacked them onto a skin...

qrnng8.jpg

Should have it done before next summer including a new plate location.

5dp5ci.jpg

This will be the only body mod & I plan on raising the truck up a little so i can run different rims & tires when $$$ allows.

• 2 weeks later...

TY guys. Been doing some serious thinking lately about lifting my 720 up a few inches above stock & running some 29 or 30 inch tires. I have some 15 x 8 US mags that Ill run the bigger tires on. Up front i know i can crank the torsion bars up & re-index if need be. In the rear i read that longer rear shackles & adding a leaf will raise it up.

What im wondering is will I still be able to allign the front tires w/ the torsions cranked up without running 4x4.com's custom upper A arms ? &....how much if any will the rear pinion angle change with the rear lifted a few inches [if any] ?

• 3 months later...