Another one bites the dust

sssr20det510

Ok so I get a call on sunday morning while im on my way up to longview to pick up some windows from freaky510. My buddy John says he just put his 510 into a wall going 60mph on the freeway so looks like he is going to be parting it out and is there anything I need. I asked how bad and he said it was totalled he hit the right front corner and its fucked so he is going to be stripping it and parting it out. I tell him that after i get back i will come take a look at it. I call my brother in law sinnful and tell and ask him if he wants to trade his parts car Goon for a wrecked 2 door that i was going to look at. He agrees that he can use more parts off a 2 door than a goon. So I stop by and take some pics of the goon and run to portland here is the goon

johns5105.jpg

So I get to portland and see the 2 door and its not bad at all the frame is not bent, its just the core support, front wheel well, fender, hood, bumper and valance. We agree to trade the goon chassy for his chassy. so he spent all day pulling his motor, tranny, gauges, seats, and swapping his suspension with another one of our friens so he can make it a rolling chassy we got there at 6:30pm last night with the goon on the trailer and left about 9:30pm with a fixable rust free 2 door here are some pics.

johns5101.jpg

johns5103.jpg

johns5102.jpg

johns5104.jpg

so we will be fixing the damage, my buddy was a little sad but will be putting the goon together so he has a car to drive. he messed up his wrist a little from spinning out and hitting the wall but will be fine.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he get that car from Michael? Damn if so I so wanted that! Lots of sweet suspension.

John bought it off CL a while back it had a built 1600 and good suspension but he swapped out the suspension for stock stuff and pulled the motor and tranny for the goon.

yes the car will be repaired. not sure when tho, as I already have a 69 2 door to work on and then I'm picking another 71 2 door next week that my buddy is hooking me up with. so yes I shall have some projects to do , not including working my normal job and doing my normal side jobs