Avoid this DEAD BEAT on Ebay

On EBAY I purchased "Datsun 520 / 521 Complete Weather Strip Kit 8 pieces" for $149.99 + $75.00 to ship.

I have heard nothing from the seller until today when he responded to my email requesting a tracking number.

He said that he does not have all of the items in stock and he would like to ship some of my order now and the rest within ONE YEAR!

Avoid this seller:

Kiti-son from Bangkok, Thailand

I've filed a complaint with paypal. :mad:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On EBAY I purchased "Datsun 520 / 521 Complete Weather Strip Kit 8 pieces" for $149.99 + $75.00 to ship.

I have heard nothing from the seller until today when he responded to my email requesting a tracking number.

He said that he does not have all of the items in stock and he would like to ship some of my order now and the rest within ONE YEAR!

Avoid this seller:

Wow within one year. I saw that weather strip awhile back.That sucks but PP will take care of it.Sorry to hear that. Man one year.

Avoid this seller:

Run Run Run as fast as you can ! yup I do not buy on ebay unless corporation as been around for at least 1 year , discloses their location , has an actual website you can go to ( other than e-bay site ) , and lots of scams coming from foreign country's in general ! I had a lady give out a big list of reasons why she was being investigated , well turns out 1 more day and my money would have been gone with her ! details count , sorry to hear that happen to you !

Well, after looking up this seller it seems that he has been around for quite some time and sells all kinds of stuff.

As for the not having it all problem, well, I would actually wait a bit first. I really doubt it will take him a whole year to get your stuff to you and if you needed it really fast I would have inquired about availability, especially from an overseas vendor. And one most also consider the language barrier in conveying what is actually going on.

I ordered some door seals and received them in about three weeks and they look fine. I will not really know how they perform until I get the car put together, but, they look good,feel right and have the proper molded corners on them. Also, this is for a 510 and the it was from Atomboys, also from Thailand.

I will assume that most U.S. vendors who sell aftermarket seals must also get them from overseas unless otherwise stated. I only ordered real Nissan seals for the windows and trunk, but, if they are not available, I am getting them from overseas and assume that there will be a risk.

I bought some stuff from him and he delivered just fine. I think he is a forthright person. He sells a lot of stuff and maybe just had a supply chain problem. Probably an honest mistake in offering the parts for sale when you have a high volume business.

Sounds like he was honest about it when questioned (delay in communication was probably him hoping his supplier would come thru).

Did you simply ask him to just refund the money? If he balks on that then his integrity should be questioned, otherwise don't be so quick to think someone is out just to cheat you.

Also, be aware of cultural differences, he might view your need for the parts as being very important and wants to get them to you vice just refunding the money unless you ask directly.

yeah i see these guys on ebay from Thailand and they have good prices and seem legit but recently my friend was going to Thailand and we had asked if we can come to pick up items and they never responded. seemded sort of shady

Was it a specific city in Thailand?

If not, it would be a ridiculous question that would likely be ignored. Consider this " I'm coming to the United States, can I drop by and pick it up?"

Also, be aware that businesses in outlying areas or cities might list 'Bangkok' as the origin because it is the most recognizable Thai city to most westerners.

Was it a specific city in Thailand?

If not, it would be a ridiculous question that would likely be ignored. Consider this " I'm coming to the United States, can I drop by and pick it up?"

Also, be aware that businesses in outlying areas or cities might list 'Bangkok' as the origin because it is the most recognizable Thai city to most westerners.

well they stated in the ad bangkok but yes bangkok is easier to recognize and figured that but we had asked them several times what area they are in as if it is somewhere we know we can make it out to see them. My friend is thai and knows thailand well and if they responded to where they are we may of been able to locate them. the fact that we did not get a reponse after several attempts and ample duration of time made me weary of sellers like this. makes me think they have something to hide.

In a ideal world sellers should not sell stuff if they don't even have it in hand or can get quickly to make sales. but then again like buying things online it is buyer beware. I still don't trust ebay at times regardless of a sellers rating.

Guest DatsuNoob

well they stated in the ad bangkok but yes bangkok is easier to recognize and figured that but we had asked them several times what area they are in as if it is somewhere we know we can make it out to see them. My friend is thai and knows thailand well and if they responded to where they are we may of been able to locate them. the fact that we did not get a reponse after several attempts and ample duration of time made me weary of sellers like this. makes me think they have something to hide.

In a ideal world sellers should not sell stuff if they don't even have it in hand or can get quickly to make sales. but then again like buying things online it is buyer beware. I still don't trust ebay at times regardless of a sellers rating.

I just bought some D21 ball joints from Omega Auto Store. Arrived in some jenky ass generic packaging, diameter was incorrect for the control arm holes, dry inside, no grease fittings, or anyway to get grease in there at all for that matter. Seller wont respond to the messages I left since after X-mas. Gotta love ebay

sold this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110463156830

never received money from buyer. Ended up doing a dispute, a local buyer contacted me, so I emailed the buyer and said hey dude, its been 3 weeks and you haven't paid me, I have a local buyer that wants the ring, if you send me 10 bucks for the ebay fees we can leave each other pos. feedback and be on our own ways...he replys back saying, yeah that's cool..over a month now, didn't even receive the 10 bucks...ebay really went to hell from the times i used i use it...

another fucked up thing, hes bought/sold shit for more than 200 bucks since he bought my item and never paid....

The whole thing is BS, that diamond alone in the ring is worth 400 not in the ring, oh well

I've had pretty good dealings with all those thailand guys, also bought some stuff off the guy in kuwait and turned up pretty quick.

Just have to make a educated decision, and I learn towards the guys above backing the seller with regards to supply chains, waiting to hear from ppl they buy off etc.

With answering questions about collecting, from experience collecting stuff can become a massive waste of time and sometimes only to be stuffed around by buyers.

To much time wasted organizing when you can just list no pickups and post the thing to your door, easier for everyone and no time wasted.

sold this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110463156830

never received money from buyer. Ended up doing a dispute, a local buyer contacted me, so I emailed the buyer and said hey dude, its been 3 weeks and you haven't paid me, I have a local buyer that wants the ring, if you send me 10 bucks for the ebay fees we can leave each other pos. feedback and be on our own ways...he replys back saying, yeah that's cool..over a month now, didn't even receive the 10 bucks...ebay really went to hell from the times i used i use it...

another fucked up thing, hes bought/sold shit for more than 200 bucks since he bought my item and never paid....

The whole thing is BS, that diamond alone in the ring is worth 400 not in the ring, oh well

I think I'd just file a non-payment claim and forget about it - you should get the fees back for the final sales price. You'll be out your listing fees, but by selling it locally you'll end up making more on the deal anyway.

Bob, You might try Route 66 on ebay, their prices are cheaper, service is supper quick. They don't have anything listed for your truck right now, but I think their supplier is in the US, and they may be able to get it for you, it's worth a try any way. The Asian guys are definetly slow, I ordered hood bumpers from one of them (because of Reddat's high prices) and a week later ordered some thing else from the same guy. I got the second order, but not the first, I emailed him, and he said it showed it was here. I checked, and he was looking at the second order, so I pointed that out to him, and then he sent another set. It looks to me like their shipping system is slow, and there may be a little bit of a language problem, but basily they are honest. I think the only thing he did wrong was listing something that he failed to make sure he had in stock. I just don't understand the difference in the asian shipping services, some take for ever, some getting hungup in customs, I had one go all the way to New York, and take almost a week to clear, atleast I had a tracking number to know what was going on. On the other hand I ordered some clear headlights for my nefiews XJ fom a CA supplier and a HID conversion from a Chinese supplier that ships from Hong Kong on New Years eve, and got the HIDs the following Tuesday morning, 2 hours before the headlight housings got here. So you can nerver tell when ordering from overseas, and you never now who's fault it is. I just always ask for a tracking number so I can see what is going on, and if the shipper doen't want to supply one and it takes too long to arrive, I let it be known in feedback, and I don't order from them again. Good luck getting your seals, I hope Route 66 can help You out. and to all the 620 owners, they have front and rear window seals, the rears for standard and KC both, much cheaper than Reddat's nos stuff, and Rt.66's are new, not nos that has been sitting on a shelf for 20 years.:D

Bob, when are we going to get together and meet face to face? I hope it's soon, as I am going in for major surgery in about 2 weeks, and will not be going any where for quite a while.:(

ive bought w/o issue from kiti-son, but dont intend on doing so again.

mostly due to shipping costs. no combo prices even though they showed in 1 box. :fu:

the shipping was more $$ than the item :rolleyes:

the rubber from most vendors come from 1 or 2 manuf.

at least w/ DL socal you have a good chance of making it right w/o (too many issues).

ive heard a lot of cracked seal issues.

some appear to be installed wrong, NOT all could be though, when the issues are the same. :angry:

Well, after looking up this seller it seems that he has been around for quite some time and sells all kinds of stuff.

As for the not having it all problem, well, I would actually wait a bit first. I really doubt it will take him a whole year to get your stuff to you and if you needed it really fast I would have inquired about availability, especially from an overseas vendor. And one most also consider the language barrier in conveying what is actually going on.

I ordered some door seals and received them in about three weeks and they look fine. I will not really know how they perform until I get the car put together, but, they look good,feel right and have the proper molded corners on them. Also, this is for a 510 and the it was from Atomboys, also from Thailand.

I will assume that most U.S. vendors who sell aftermarket seals must also get them from overseas unless otherwise stated. I only ordered real Nissan seals for the windows and trunk, but, if they are not available, I am getting them from overseas and assume that there will be a risk.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.