Does anyone make an American dirt bike?

I mean, all I see in races are KTM, Kawalskis, Yamaha, Honda, etc. What's the deal with that yo? I don't think Harley Davidson makes any dirt bike. I know they make the Buell.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, all I see in races are KTM, Kawalskis, Yamaha, Honda, etc. What's the deal with that yo? I don't think Harley Davidson makes any dirt bike. I know they make the Buell.

You should build your own out of a Harley. It would be soooo cool

Thanks for the clarification.....

E440side.jpg

Looks nice, wonder what engine they used and why they killed it? Maybe all the hippie Cannondale owners got pissy and held a green sit-in? :D I'm just kidding, I really have no idea.

And no, I wouldn't make a dirt bike out of a harley. If I wanted a leaky piece of crap that rode like garbage I'd attach the original L16 motor out of the 510 to a shopping cart. Figure it would be about the same effect.

Guest kamakazi620

^^^that's just mean^^^ how can you compare a L16 (japanese motor) to a harley??? If you'd change your 30 yo gaskets like your suppost to it wouldn't leak......BTW sayin' you want an American dirtbike is like sayin' you want a Chinese car,They aren't that many around for good reason Their CRAP!!!!! Ever ask Why is there so MANY japanese dirtbikes??? Cuz they know how to build'em

^^^that's just mean^^^ how can you compare a L16 (japanese motor) to a harley??? If you'd change your 30 yo gaskets like your suppost to it wouldn't leak......BTW sayin' you want an American dirtbike is like sayin' you want a Chinese car,They aren't that many around for good reason Their CRAP!!!!! Ever ask Why is there so MANY japanese dirtbikes??? Cuz they know how to build'em

My bad, you're right, that was mean. I only meant my original leaky L motor is sitting in a corner of the garage. Yanked after the head gasket began to seep, and replaced with the 20b. And she may be rebuilt by my Datsun guru for a chump car race, so all is not lost.

And actually, I didn't say I wanted an American dirt bike, I just asked if there were any. It got me to thinking maybe I should build one.

Got one from a Harley dealer couple months ago but ok... I saw some 60's Harley dirtbikes on a track last month, they were nice.

those bikes where made by a company call AREMACCHI and tagged under the Harley name. I had one but was forced to sale it after my daughter was born. Saling that bike i feel was one of the biggest mistakes i ever made i wish i could get it back but the guy want 3times what i sould it for .Succk to dumd sometimes

i love america but i would rather have a jap bike all day long, not to support any other countries but damn the japs make good shit, i have had kawasakis and suzukis all my life and i love them, we all obviously love japanese motosports anyways lol, get a kawasaki, and try and get a used 2 stroke, they have almost phased them out and they are all switching to fuel injected four strokes, no klotz oil or mad hornet sounding bikes anymore, i have a kx 125 and im determined to keep it going forever, fuck the epa!!!!!

atk, cannondale, harly davidson(old), triumph, husky ALL MADE IN THE USA!!!

uh, you don't read so good. husqvarna is NOT made in the usa, and triumphs are british.

The cannondales technically weren't made in the US either, but they were assembled here.

2eDeYe' date='04 January 2010 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1262620988' post='248777']

That's cool, no more production stuff though?

Erik Buell designed some nice bikes.

You need to get into CHIT CHAT more often on that"other" site we're on. it was on the first page for about a week, there was a video of Erik saying his goodbyes and thank yous.

2eDeYe' date='04 January 2010 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1262620988' post='248777']

That's cool, no more production stuff though?

Erik Buell designed some nice bikes.

from the buell web site

Milwaukee, Wis. -- (Friday, November 20, 2009) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG) announced today that following the company’s recent decision to discontinue the Buell motorcycle product line, Erik Buell, Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company, will leave the company to establish Erik Buell Racing, an independent motorcycle race shop.

Erik Buell Racing will specialize in the supply of race-use-only Buell motorcycle parts and race preparation services for engines and motorcycles, and the building and sale of Buell® 1125R-based race-use-only motorcycles under license from Harley-Davidson, as well as providing technical support to racers of Buell motorcycles.

“I’m looking forward to helping Buell racers keep their bikes flying,” said Erik Buell. “We’ve got some exciting race development projects in the works and it will mean a lot to me personally to see Buell racers competing for wins and championships in the 2010 season and beyond.”

“I’m pleased that Harley-Davidson is assisting Erik in establishing this business to continue supporting the racing efforts he has had so much passion for over the years,” said Buell President and COO Jon Flickinger. “Harley-Davidson and the Buell Motorcycle Company will always be proud of their affiliation with Erik, and we wish him well in this new endeavor to support Buell racers.”

Erik Buell Racing will be based in East Troy, Wisconsin and will be staffed by Erik Buell and a veteran team of personnel. For more information, after December 1, 2009, contact:

uh, you don't read so good. husqvarna is NOT made in the usa, and triumphs are british.

The cannondales technically weren't made in the US either, but they were assembled here.

husqvarna is swedish i belive :fu: , i didnt say anything about them until now. triumph and my bad about triumphs....