I hate this new shit!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You remember the last version of the change, right? With the teletubbies big picture crapola? The Duplo, not Lego feel? The second version of the change is much better. Still having to find new features and the messenger is kind of weird, but we can learn those things.

The change is here to stay so explore your world. Get comfortable with the functions. There was/are some things to sort out and are being worked on behind the scenes. Change is inevitable and complaining helps people to feel in control. A bit.

I am soon to be 53 and I like this site. The site before this was F&*^ed UP. This is a great looking (Fisch's Art) site it seems to work well with what I have tried and yes I am going through all my old post to make sure the pictures are working.

I could have whined, bitched, and complained but I feel Thomas and the others working behind the scenes have their plates pretty full without me adding to it. Grow up and take matters in your your own hands and yes that means some of you will have to let go of your dicks and quit whining, and do something for your selves for a change!

Thomas and the others listened to all our complaints about the old sites update and made a very hard decision to move the site to here. Now for all you people that have no clue as to what this takes, it takes MONEY & lots of time, and the little problems we are having as users are multiplied by at least 20,000 times for Thomas and the others working behind the scenes. Thomas not only has to deal with all the problems that arise during a change of this type but he is also dealing with all of our little issues. I feel Thomas and his team are doing a remarkable job.

NOW QUIT WHINING AND TRY TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM ON YOUR OWN,

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK SIMPLY ASK QUESTION IN A NEW THREAD, IT WORKS I DID IT.

or see below

I am not yelling with the all caps statement above. The all caps is just to get your attention.

Thomas or Mods will you please create a pinned (sticky) thread in this the General Section on Top in an eye catching color for questions on using the new site. Please be sure it is unlocked so it can be replied to. This could be Titled "The New Site's FAQ's.

I am willing to search the help section and answer these questions to the best of my ability.

Also what would help with this is if people will scroll through and read the questions and answers already asked in this section before posting new questions. This will help us learn and also help reduce repetitive questions.

Thank you again for bringing us the Ratsun Community here.

There is nothing like the Ratsun Community now let's act like it!

• Like 3

I'm 53 years OLD (not as old as Datzenmike, though) and I'm willing to put effort into adapting to the changes because I appreciate the forum and all of you who are working very hard to keep this forum alive and available for it's intended purpose: an information exchange and social meeting place. When I owned my first Datsuns circa 1985-2001, though I had a computer and internet, I don't remember being able to get tech information or advice other than meeting an occasional Datsun owner face to face, or from books or magazines. Ratsun and other forums are a great resource, IMHO.

Dan

yeah its different but i like it more then the vbulletin 4.0 shit its easier to navigate and more user friendly sure it has some new bells and whisles but nothing that one cant get used to im learning this faster then the vbulletin upgrade

I guess whinings not the best term, maybe bitching, complaining, whatever. Change, change, change, just because it's change for you Obamanites, doesn't mean it's always for the better. I'm sure this is way better then the old version, but if we don't state our likes or dislikes, then it can't get better. I guess I should do it alittle more constructively. I figured people would get on this thread and say yeah I think this should be changed or man, check this out, this part is alot faster and easier. But I should have known better. I should have figured the forum tuffys would come out to flex their internet fingers. Oh yeah ichorid, I am one of those hillfolk you speak of.

Edit, oh yeah Charlie69, I can act like a badass on the internet too, but I'm not gonna, doesn't really do much for me.

• Like 2

i must say i like this new site it is growing on me and i love the new eatures all but one. the stupid reputation crap. i mean hell i ask a question to something i would like to know and all of a sudden i get negative reputation. i mean what the heck. i thought we were supposed to ask questions to learn stuff but it apparently makes us look bad. i dunno and yes i do search the threads for the stuff i want to know but i cant always find it thats why i ask. im not that great at computers so that makes me wrong i guess. i also think that the voting on this rep stuff should be left up to moderators and not everybody. those lil pos and neg things in the post windows should go. but the site looks much better that is my only problem. good job on this guys(the ones that did it). and thanx for reading my rant maybe it will help.

I think the reputation thing isn't that bad. I think that if you're on the forum for any length of time, the other members will get somewhat of a feel of what kinda person you are(contributor or parasite), and a little number on your profile won't make a lick of difference. I mean, I'm sure we all know someone personally that has been slandered, but their character outweighs the gossip. In the same way, if you're a person of reputable character, then it won't really matter if your rep is 6 or -6. The majority won't buy it. Yeah, there's lots of people out there w/ no life and no regard for others, which hobby at Trolling others' accounts, just to breed more negativity. Let them. Rise above it. If you've got a bad rep, do something about it, and stop giving people the reasons to give you that rep. If you can't help it and people are just plain trolling on you, then the mods will take care of it.

Now, as far as it being helpful, I like the option of filtering out alot of the "lolz" and other equally as worthless commentary. Yeah, I do it sometimes too, but there is ALOT of space taken up on this forum about "How do you guys feel about...?" and "You know what makes me angry.." "Blah blah blah". I didn't come here for that. I came here because I like Datsuns, and I like to commune with people of similar interests. I see people on the forum that are so friggin' concerned about their post-count.. who cares? I've seen people w/ 7 post counts come in and correct people with hundreds. It means diddly. This forum is just a tool for connecting us and our resources. If it's that big of deal that you have a low number in your profile, you need to get a little more sun. Get a hobby. Go actually WORK on your Datsun, instead of just talking about it. And on that note, I'm off to the shop.

• Like 1

And now: a random, meaningless post that is SURE to bring down my reputation levels!

My random bitch? Newer Honda owners by far have the dumbest comments on public forums. So far I have heard timing chains never wear out and neither do fuel filters.

Oh, and then, I was just at Target and I couldn't find a FUCKING PAIR OF JEANS!!! You know why? Because the style now is to drop the new jeans on the ground, rub some dirt on them, rip them, otherwise make them not new, and then repackage and resell as new "pre-worn" jeans! Fuck that! If you want grubby jeans, make 'em yourself! Little fucktard fashion assholes!!! I'm going to have to continue paying up the ass for my Carharts because they're the only ones who make a simple pair of jeans that is comfortable anymore.

Okay, I vented, what were we talking about again? :D

stop shopping in the female section for jeans man lol.. i never have any problems.. but feel the same way.. i keep tellin my gf an her friends if they want some fucked up ratty jeans to stop payin 70-100 for em an jus pick up a 20$ pair an bring em over an i'll make em look like shit for free

edit: (1 click muahah) i do like the holes in the ass tho, makes it real easy to see a chicks booty lol

Yeah dude, I seriously saw some jeans today that looked like the jeans I just threw in the garbage because no amount of sewing or patching was going to fix them. Selling for 20 bucks on the rack.

[quote name='HRH' Oh, and then, I was just at Target and I couldn't find a FUCKING PAIR OF JEANS!!! You know why? Because the style now is to drop the new jeans on the ground, rub some dirt on them, rip them, otherwise make them not new, and then repackage and resell as new "pre-worn" jeans! Fuck that! If you want grubby jeans, make 'em yourself! Little fucktard fashion assholes!!! I'm going to have to continue paying up the ass for my Carharts because they're the only ones who make a simple pair of jeans that is comfortable anymore.

Okay, I vented, what were we talking about again? :D

Check out "Diamond Cut" jeans.

All I can say is this really is not my thing, I like not the last site but the site before last. The one that was being used when I joined Ratsun, my post have been few and far between since this new look. I think this is my 4th post since the change but I guess I will get use to it. Rusty hang in there buddy, us hillfolk will figure it out.

All I can say is this really is not my thing, I like not the last site but the site before last. The one that was being used when I joined Ratsun, my post have been few and far between since this new look. I think this is my 4th post since the change but I guess I will get use to it. Rusty hang in there buddy, us hillfolk will figure it out.

I will Daniel, us hillfolk gotta stick together, ha ha. I'm watching the UFC on the computer tonight, so I'm kinda playing around on here between fights.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

funny_computer_pictures_03.jpg

:hyper: :hyper: