Carlos's Goon

I'm not usually a fan of red 510s but I'm liking yours. And it's one of my favorite goons too. Watch out Jun.

hahh thanks.

What's with all the progress lately? I'm jealous. Keep it up.

I don't get it.... You say "whats with all the progress lately?" Then say "keep it up" I is confused. :blink::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

neat rig

Thanks man.

So an update (kinda) my origional transmission lost second coming off the freeway so I picked one up from Redbanner and swapped it out the next day. Well not to long ago the one I got from him started making noises. The noise is only there when the car is in neutral and I'm rolling. The only way to make it go away is to accelerate. The car drives fine but the sound is rather annoying. Anyways I took my origional one to a transmission shop and am having it rebuild. The end.

• 2 weeks later...

Goon is looking good... I like the cooler. I would shorten the lines if you can. I dont know what kind of bend radius you can get with those long ProClassic fittings. I read back a couple pages, but didnt see... what rally lights do you have mounted? Im looking to pick up a set, but havent found ones I quite like yet.

Goon is looking good... I like the cooler. I would shorten the lines if you can. I dont know what kind of bend radius you can get with those long ProClassic fittings. I read back a couple pages, but didnt see... what rally lights do you have mounted? Im looking to pick up a set, but havent found ones I quite like yet.

Thanks. Those are Hella 500 Driving lights.

Love the entire goon, but not so big on the oil cooler tbh.

there anyway you can mount it so the hoses are hidden?

Well, to each their own, but I like it. If youre going to rock the oil cooler... you have to be able to see the braided lines; I just think they should be shorter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like your e-brake install!

Does it have a lock on it for parking? I was reading up on your how-to, and another member asked the same question I had in mind- does it move when you use your regular brake?

Thanks. Yes it has a lock for parking if you look closely you can see little grooves machined in the black piece that between the master cylinder and the handbrake itself.

As for movement when I press the regular brake there is none.

Looking good! I love the '68 grilles... very nice. Man, I really need to mount my bumper lights. Every time I see yours it reminds me, but I never want to drill into my bumper. I might have missed it when you got them, but what mud flaps are those?

Looking good! I love the '68 grilles... very nice. Man, I really need to mount my bumper lights. Every time I see yours it reminds me, but I never want to drill into my bumper. I might have missed it when you got them, but what mud flaps are those?

Thanks.

There UR Rally Armor mud flaps. Here's a link http://www.rallyarmo...logo-p-267.html