datsun swap meet

dat620

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw that sucks :blink:

How about priority mail those "datto cookies" pronto to Oregon :frantics: :thumbup: :hyper: :D mmmmmmmmmm nom nom nom nom , wish I could go ! Silly economy making me broke ! Anyhoo goodluck with the baking , transporting , and maybe if you shallac those bad-boys you could sell em as "emblems" ( if ya have any left over that is ;) ) :lol: :D

We still had the swap meet, and it was awesome! Aside from a broken BBQ, resulting in a mad dash to home depot for parts, to calm the starving mob, things went really well. Had more people there than any Datsun event I have ever seen in Arizona. With vendors and shoppers, I'm guessing the end number of people was probably 70 over the course of the day. Tons of Datsun parts were for sale. The general consensus was that we had plenty of parts, but not quite enough buyers. Although most of us sellers also made purchases. But for a first time ever thing, it was a great turnout.

Even aside from selling/buying stuff, it was a great time talking with everyone and hanging out. Also met a bunch of people I had not yet seen before.

As for the BBQ, we almost exactly broke even. I spent just at $100 buying the food/drinks, and we made back $99. Couldn't ask for it to be more perfect than that.

We'll definitely be doing this again, and will build on what we learned from this one. I hope everyone had a good time.

_MG_8012-2.jpg

_MG_8009-2.jpg

_MG_8007-2.jpg

_MG_8006-2.jpg

Had a great time at the swap today.It's nice to put some "faces" to the names.And Daniel made good on his "cookie threat".THey were really good.Which means that his wife cooked them :rolleyes:

DSC00486.jpg

Haha, I made the threat and she followed through with it. :lol:

I'm glad it worked out.

I'M BUMMED I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!

I plan to come out next weekend. If anyone has some 510 front end stuff, I'm interested. I need fenders, hood, grille & bumper. Let me know we could hook up on Saturday.

Bob

to all those that came from out of town, thank you very much, to those that were there local, thank you very much, to all the DESERT DATSUN CLUB, thank you very much,to those that could not make it, try ever so hard to make it to part 2, good times and fun were had by all, and it really was more like a big family gathering, which made it even better,next time bigger and better, and i too got the same reaction from every one also, as ryan stated it was one of the better/ best local datsun events in a long time...again thx to all who made it possible...tom :D

i JUST got home...nothing like working 8 hours,driving 6 hours, being up all day, then driving back another 6 :hyper: Although i was the passenger im beat.But......it was well worth it! Had a great time, sold some stuff & bought some stuff. Good to meet some of the Ratsun people too........your hospitality was top notch. Slam & Mrs. slam the cookies rocked! Tom TY again for dinner & having us over to the casa..cant wait for swap #2. Ill post the pix i took later...time to crash

The Swap Meet was great! Good people, parts, food, and weather! Mr. & Mrs. Slam made some awesome cookies! It was great to meet PCD, Jarvis, Steroid, G-man, and all the others.

Sorry I missed meeting Z-train.

Had a great time. Thank you YellowDatsun (Ryan), Dat620 (Tom), and all the other people that made this a fantatastic day in Arizona Datsun History.

i JUST got home...nothing like working 8 hours,driving 6 hours, being up all day, then driving back another 6 <<<snip

PCD it was nice to meet you. Glad to hear you guys made it back safe. I was thinking about you and all that driving last nice. I pulled an all dayer a couple weeks ago for the Swap meet at the museum. I bet your little girl was wiped out! She is a cutie. Thanks for making the trip.

Dale - L320

PCD it was nice to meet you. Glad to hear you guys made it back safe. I was thinking about you and all that driving last nice. I pulled an all dayer a couple weeks ago for the Swap meet at the museum. I bet your little girl was wiped out! She is a cutie. Thanks for making the trip.

Dale - L320

Thanks Dale, we wanted to stay the night but Jarvis had to work today. Heres a few pix i took later,,more to come soon..

2vw935z.jpg

from R to L......Tom, Z train [bill & family,,sorry forgot names..

npf7h5.jpg

I'm glad it worked out.

I'M BUMMED I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!

I plan to come out next weekend. If anyone has some 510 front end stuff, I'm interested. I need fenders, hood, grille & bumper. Let me know we could hook up on Saturday.

Bob

Bob I am sure we could round you some parts up, let us see what we can do for ya. :P

Ha ha, Steroid is a funny guy, gotta love him :P

I agree...haha. Ok the last of my pics....

2wdsu52.jpg

2mxhn55.jpg

2mquao2.jpg

348qdu0.jpg

& heres what Steroid picked up from Z train...

ym13d.jpg

some of Tom's "bling"...

1264284702.jpg

& this was the time we got on the 101 headed to the 10..freakin crazy !!

1264321304.jpg

then we stopped @ the Loves truck stop for coffee...nice grill Mike...haha!

1264321315.jpg

I meant to get a group shot of all the guys n gals but i flaked..next time i guess.

anywho....cant wait for the next event but i/we plan on staying the night. TY again Tom & Desert datsuns for a good time :cool: