datsun swap meet

dat620

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SICK620, the problem there is that most people never even bother to register, or even mention they might show up. Happens with every event. I've noticed that a LOT since I started our group. You send out an e-mail, and get like 2 responses, but then 18-20 people show up at the event. Same thing used to happen with Shasta years ago, few people would register, but then a ton of people show up. So definitely don't base your decision on coming on how many people reply, the number will be *vastly* skewed. Plus, if people like yourself make the drive (and the CA guys) it just makes the event that much better.

as ryan said, i've been involved in so many differant events over the years, that if i based it on a certain group, i would have missed out on a whole bunch of good times and good memories, besides most of us from az are RATSUN members, do not pass up on something that could turn into some very good times and very good memories, besides as charley said, lots of rust free datto / nissan parts, how can u turn that down..:D

hey ill go if there are going to be enuff ratsuners for it to be worth while! thats 15 hours away. ill do it if more people rsvp :)

Hey SICK620, If you are serious about coming to the swap meet hit up Deadmonkey, Boise Idaho Ratsun member. He might be interested in coming also. You guys could Datsun pool the ride.

Hey SICK620, If you are serious about coming to the swap meet hit up Deadmonkey, Boise Idaho Ratsun member. He might be interested in coming also. You guys could Datsun pool the ride.

ya ive talked to him a few times. maybe datsun-freak will go with me also. he is like a gypsy he has so much datsun stuff.

just a little update, 2 of our local nissan dealers are goin to bat for us, they have both agreed to put fliers out on the front parts counter and will tell customers as they have the chance, and also both places have datsun / nissan fanatics there, so we are ever growing, and the reaction i am getting is, bout time some one did this here, also gave out the ratsun web site and the desret datsuns web site to all involved so they to can join both of our datto families...:)

well as it turns out, there will be a few ratsun members coming from all over the greater south west and northwest also, this is promising to be a good event, and also a few from southern cali, and did i mention it is free addmission,to general public and vendors...so come on out or down or over, just make it here..fun and good times to be had by all, and remember a lot of good used rust free parts from az area....thx tom :D

so since a few people seemed interested already we are going to have a swap meet before the Milsim on the 11th. Jut bring whatever you want to sell.

If you want you can post what you are going to bring, or what you want to buy. Or you could just show up. Either way does not matter.

You do not have to participate in the Milsim to take part in the swap meet.

unless he can make them datto parts by then, glad to hear it, and looking forward to seeing you two again, been to many years between get togethers, see ya soon, and bring your datto stuff...tom

Hey if any Datsuners come up from Mexico with a J18 let me know!!:lol::lol:

Wish I could be there dudes. My ballz are freezing in new england today! (20's) Sun, Friends and Datsun parts. Who could ask for more?

Hey Guys I was in a Pick A Part yard yesterday and there was a team of mexicans that pulled every 4 cylinder motor & trans that hit the yard yesterday. While I was there they pulled 8 motors with trans Nissan & Toyota, guess where they are going? Mexico, they do not export anything bigger than 4 cylinders. It is a shame. Also the guys pulling them are destroying more parts getting the motor & trans out. watched them hooked the hoist to a master cylinder and brake it of to get it out of the way. Destroyed 3 720 consoles, transducers, radiators brake cables, to say the least the yard is loosing more money than they are making letting these guys destroy parts.

fisch, i know a place called casa yatarola, some of the guys from san diego also know of it, it's my house, u get a plane ticket u got a ride and a crash place( hint- hint), u got about a month to plan, hit up that travelocity.com, if u want to.. tom