Project "Blu WagOOn"

DatDoug

This 69 510 wagOOn is my daily driver rite now & I am doing little fixes here & there. I am also working on finishing my Garage/Shop so I can get my 521 road ready. Then I can start the real work on Ol Blu here:cool:

So far I have done the following:

Better Weber carb 32/36 put new elec. choke on.

New/Old windshield Got it for $40 down in the Couv:D

Put a nice thick rubber mat in the back cargo area

Stereo & speakers (relax! I did no cutting)

Hedlite relays

Electronic ignition

More little things I want/need to do:

These things are coming in the mail: Hood bumpers, domelite, gas pedal, brake and clutch peddle pads, gOOn squad sticker:D

Alternator upgrade

280 z struts that I just bot:D

Hook up the horns someone installed

After I get the 521 on the road:

Swap out the L16 for a built L20 with Hi-Comp A87 peanut head

Z 5speed

:thumbsup:

I'm sure there will be more. Here are a few pics.

1101091506.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Have not been doing much with Ol Blu but driving the shEEit out of it. But I threw it in the garage & put it on stands & pulled the tranny & front struts. Got 1 of the 280z struts in tonite. Also found out my dogleg 5 speed is for a NapZ :angry: Hopefully I can find a bad L series dogleg & swap front Housings.

downsized_0210002107a.jpg

Have not been doing much with Ol Blu but driving the shEEit out of it. But I threw it in the garage & put it on stands & pulled the tranny & front struts. Got 1 of the 280z struts in tonite. Also found out my dogleg 5 speed is for a NapZ :angry: Hopefully I can find a bad L series dogleg & swap front Housings.

downsized_0210002107a.jpg

Any Luck putting that bell on? I'm curious to see how it worked out!

Yes I did get the front bell on my dogleg trans. Thanks again Jacob for coming thru! Datsunfish & I spent the better part of Sat. nite fucking with that thing! First we could not get the front bearing keeper clip off then we could not get it back together rite. Finally we figured it out bout 11:30 @ nite! Put it in the next day & diecovered that a dogleg trans IS NOT a direct bolt in to the 510. Bolted up to motor ok but I had to fight the crossmember, cut the tunnel cuz the shifter sat more forward. But its in & I have a 5 speed in my goon! Took it for a spin & it shifts smooth & tite! Car rides & handles way better now with the front coilovers too. Now I neeed to take it in for alinement.

I will post pics later as I am exhausted from the work.

The next thing is to put together my L20 & throw it in:)

• 3 months later...

Got Ol Blu back in the garage. Pulled the L16 & I am currently cleaning the engine bay & getting it ready 4 paint. Was going to go with satin black but the paint guy @ the parts store talked me into going with the stock blue. He mixed me up a pint & I did the under side of the hood & WOW! It looks great. Im glad I went with the blue instead of black. :D Should av the engine bay painted by tomoro nite. Also getting my L20 bored .50 over with A87 ready to bolt in :w00t:

PICS coming soon you bunch of vultures :fu:

Got the engine bay painted & the underside of the hood. I am very pleased with the outcome :P Now I am cleaning & painting all the lil pieces :wacko: Lots more work to do. Had to actually get a fire goin cuz it wuz so cold!

downsized_0520001005.jpg

downsized_0521001740.jpg

downsized_0518002012.jpg

Starting to get the lil things done b4 I drop in the BigBlock. Cleaned up the wiring harness & rewrapped it :wacko: Took apart the wiper motor & cleaned it up & painted it. Now I'm working on the head getting it ready to drop on the block. She gunna be running by the end of the month :sweat:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z229/DatDoug/wipermotor.jpg

wipermotor.jpg

Did a little work today. Got my head all squared away. Had to put taller lash pads & gap the rockers. Then bolted her to the block & put on the new timing chain kit. Fuckin new chain was stiff! Should have it all put together tomoro & hopefully in the car sometime tomoro afternoon :thumbup:

downsized_0529001534a.jpg

downsized_0529001534b.jpg

0529001614.jpg

downsized_0529001632a.jpg

She gunna be running by the end of the month :sweat:

any updates on getting thee BIG block in yet. :thumbup:

AND

end of last month or this month.................. :poke:

Its slo goin but I am making progress. Got the pan cleaned & painted. Got the valve cover cleaned & shined up. I wanted to go with the wrinkled black look on the Valve cover but I had this polished 1 on temp. & it looked so good I am going with it. Picked up my radiator. Got my studs in the head. :frantics: Damn! There is so much to do!

DatsunFish (Ben) is coming over tonite to help me with my exhaust mani. Its the stock L16 mani & downpipe & since I am using the taller L20 the pipe hits the block on the ear that bolts to tranny. So we need 2 cut & angle it away a lil. :frantics:

PICS to come :fu: