Project "Blu WagOOn"

DatDoug

Got my exhaust done today :D I think it had the original 1-1/2" pipe & rectangular muffler on it :blink: Went with 2-1/4" with thrush turbo muff. Sounds really good. Quiet with a nice deep tone to it. I was surprised tho @ the lack of space under the gOOn for a muffler in the stock location. I ended up cutting out the spare tire holder & put the muff there. Not to keen on the exit pipe. I wanted to come str8 out the back witrh a cool tip. My exhaust guy said that would look stupid :angry: I guess I can alway s mod it L8r.

The old 1.5" pea-pisser pipe :poop:

downsized_0622000940.jpg

downsized_0622000940a.jpg

Up tite to the floor @ down pipe

downsized_0622001021.jpg

Keeping the pipe tucked as much as possible.

downsized_0622001021a.jpg

The exit out the side. :hmm:

downsized_0622001423.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rims are Konig Rewinds. Seems to be a fan fav. I like them but Im not in love with them. I like the rims 2 be tucked into the fenders. Especially in the front. Im on the lookout for different 1's. :unsure:

Doug

How do you like that 38/38? esp on a L20

I love mine on my 521.

more people should get them if they already have a 32/36 then upgrade to a 38/38 as one has the base mounts already

I love it :wub: I had 1 on my white 73 with the built L20 & it was perfect. Nice smooth acceleration. I upjetted my idle jets to 55 from 45 & it runs much better.

The rims are Konig Rewinds. Seems to be a fan fav. I like them but Im not in love with them. I like the rims 2 be tucked into the fenders. Especially in the front. Im on the lookout for different 1's. :unsure:

I have always liked them but never loved them either. They look really good on your goon though ;)

• 9 months later...

After installing my new A87 head with big nasty cam my gOOn was a little on the loud side. I decided to install a resonator. The stock spot where the original muffler was located worked perfect for the lil 12" glasspack. Mellowed the tone nicely & smoothed out the engine quite a bit too :cool:

exhaust.jpg

Resonator.jpg

resonator2.jpg