It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this wagon just wont stop....... figuratively and literally......

so i dropped off a 710 strut with Klotz to start on a big break upgrade with him!!!! Stoked to be working with the all mighty klotz!!! 

But in the mean time i need this wagon to STFU!!!! the breaks are squealing like a pig... 

SO i ordered calipers, rotor, and pads to get it by for now, oh ya and motor mounts... cus it needs em now that it has a new trans mount :P 

ya, they got the fiber optics. things like the locks and interior bits are different too but i don't know all of the oddities between the two. Just what ive noticed between NismoDr's 610 and the goon ;)

Im hoping this is a plug an play option! when i installed the intermittent wipers on a friends truck the motor stayed the same just needed to swap the switch and control box. here's to hoping. 

If it is not plug and play, they are super easy to wire in(at least in a 620). Let me know if you want to know the differences.

It's an automatic?  Most likely the neutral safety switch.  Had to put in a relay in the 510.  The switch typically works, just doesn't pass enough current for the solenoid to pull in. 

It's an automatic?  Most likely the neutral safety switch.  Had to put in a relay in the 510.  The switch typically works, just doesn't pass enough current for the solenoid to pull in. 

A relay would probably be a good idea anyways, just to get the load(current) off of the neutral safety switch.

well if its faulty, then it probably just won't work thinking it's in gear when its not.  I'd have to take a look under my goon to see what the PO did.  I think just one wire was pulled as I saw a single wire space disconnected under there...

You may have to disconnected the wires from the safety switch, possibly connect them together to close the loop.

In the mean time, stick a screw drive on the starter, where the battery is hooked up, to the spade connector.  see if that turns it over, itll test your starter.  Sparky!

mechanical fan or electric? 

To test the signal from the key, disconnect the small wire from the solenoid and hook it to a test light and the test light wire to ground.  Turn the key to crank.....should light up. 

When you say the fan is turning....you make it sound like the engine is cranking over.....which would mean the starter is working.  If you have an electric fan and it's turning when you crank the key, then the ignition switch is probably out of whack......all other circuits other than the coil will get shut off when the key is in start.