It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason the manual swap comes before the SU's is experience with NismoDr's swap. something about the vacuum provided by the system not being enough when you have an auto and SU's.... i cant remember all the details, that and the downdraft will be just fine for a while. 

on a progressive note:

I dropped off the goon with my carb/tune up guy. Hes gunna adjust the valve lash hot, then re-jet the carb for a 2.0 instead of a 1.8, then tweek the timing and carb till she sings! 

Cant wait to pick it up after work!! 

ya, hes really good at what he does and he gives me multiple discounts but its never cheap to have someone else tinker with your car.... 

last time i was there i took my brothers longbed in and the guy tuned it for free because my brother way deployed!!! 

HOLY FUCKING AWESOMENESS!!!!! 

the goon runs like a dream compared to when i first got my hands on it!!! Like day and night difference

The carb got rejetted, the dizzy got a custom plate made to allow for more adjustment, the valves got set hot, and the engine got an overall tune up 

unfortunately there are still a few issues to fix before i can call this one done for now:

1. it needs to go back to the exhaust shop, i can hear it rattling against something in the under carriage 

2. need to figure out WTF this sound is.... i have NEVER hear anything like it come from a car - only current diagnosis is that it trans related cus when you let off the gas it stops, but doesn't happen on idle - also when you floor it the trans acts "weird" more diagnosis to come when i can look into it further

3. the breaks need replaced...... so im meeting up with Klotz next Saturday to see if he can come up with something to allow for vented rotors and better calipers 

Other than those 3 things this goon has never been better!

No smoking

no dying

warms up as is should in the AM

you can pass in traffic instead of slowing down for an opening

no leaks from any of the fluids

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking happy with how it came out, when you guys get to see it at canby it will be completely different from last year 

That's cuz someone who knows what they're doing is working on it. instead of pulling it apart, crossing wires and cutting holes in the hood :rofl:

i was once told, "if you ait got nuttn nice to say then dont say nuttn at all" 

Well fuck that shit!

all you have to do is care, just a little bit and show some initiative/effort and anything is possible. 

$$$ helps, dont get me wrong. But you can do a lot with virtually nothing when it comes to a datsun.

I believe the end result speaks for itself 

for every step forward there is always the risk of a step back

think we figured out the odd sound, so we picked up a new water pump.... more on that later

also go the 710 wheel we picked up from chester installed today  -  always nice to have a 10 min win!

Old 610 wheel

68ACEC45-5265-43DD-9403-BF92C6B671E0-699

new 710 wheel

17ADC518-66BD-4917-A842-0CDD88D360FE-699