th_099F0EA1-A0E3-4FB8-ABB5-9F306678B160-

Soooo...

Spark to all the plugs - check

spark from the coil - check

starter turns - check

cam turns - check

fuel squirts into the carb - check

motor want to start in P and N but not in any other gear - check

Car was running the night before and all it has done since is backfired once.....  :sneaky:

adam is >>>  :confused:   :confused:   :confused:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also talked to the guy that tuned the carb, did the timing, and set the valves - he wont have another opening till 8am monday :(

Soooo, till then i get to tinker with it

After i rerplace the starter on my parents dodge caravan :/ cus i killed it too this morning 

Ummm.......you have zero compression.  Take the oil cap off or valve cover off and see if the cam is turning.  I hate to say it, but you've got a bigger problem than the starter......it's working fine!!

You said you've got spark.....so the crank is turning the oil pump which is turning the dizzy......but either the head gasket blew out on all cylinders, or your cam's probably not turning.  Maybe the bolt came loose on the cam sprocket? 

I gotta get in bed......good luck!!!

FUCK IT!!!! IM DONE FUCKING AROUND

whew, now that i have that outta my system....

Z car flat top pistons

Bored over bottom end

ALL NEW EVERYTHING!!!

Lets just ramp this shit up a bit yo! 

Ive been holding onto all the parts and pieces to build a bad ass L motor, since jessi bought me my KA im gunna build her the bad ass L motor I've always wanted

im dropping off the L20 bottom end, flat top Z pistons, all new bearings with my machinist to have him hot tank everything and assemble it for me

i was looking at it when my buddy harry showed up yesterday and he wanted to hear it so i had jessi crank it and he said "sounds like no compression" and in my blonde moment i said i think thats just the starter....

then he pointed out the fan was turning and pulled the oil cap to confirm the cam also turns...... 

maybe it broke right at the crank.  I had a ford ranger, the flex plate literally exploded while driving.  Pull the cover off and look man, you should be able to see up in there a little bit..

Also, did you torque the flex plate to the crank at recommended torque? Same for flex plate to torque converter

Pop the valve cover and verify that the cam timing is still where it should be.  There's a slight chance that you jumped the timing chain, but it's a long shot.

Is the key in the sprocket on the crank?  The sprocket is pinched in by the front pulley....it would get enough traction to spin everything, but could easily slip.