It really is an infection...Datsunitis

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx man! I'm out to eat right now but by 5pm today I expect this goon to roll out of my garage on its own power!!! Since I've had my hands on it I have quite literally replaced everything on it for jessi...... But it needed it bad ;)

we took a trip to jrocks shop Saturday to drop off the valve cover for the goon and pick up a 4 speed for my truck, while we were there jessi was able to figure out what color powder coating the goon is going to get as an accent color........

and well.... here it is!!!

CTSPECIALTIES004_zpsa7196379.jpg

CTSPECIALTIES003_zps6ad18dae.jpg

SnowStormDec2009100_zpsddf6d084.jpg

So the valve cover is getting coated soon in this "candy purple" and eventually the structs will go this color as well

• Like 1

your just jelly bonvo :P 

but in all seriousness there are way bigger things to deal with before the suspension, like the ever growing holes in the floor, sound deadening, break upgrades, general amenities to make it a comfy DD, properly functioning stereo with USB hook up,  ect ect. 

Once i get my truck and my dads truck running again i will come back to this build and continue it.

But for now, she runs great and i couldnt be happier

well...... unless i had time/linkages to put the SU's on 

• Like 1

It may be fine. I can swear I hear a little noise like the valves need adjustment. Might be fine?  Pings also, but I'm pretty sure I just need to time it and put a better carb on it.  The motor is tits dude, no complaints! I just am paranoid and want to baby it and make sure nothing prematurely goes out lol.  All that work I put into it already...

thanx izzo!

im surprised that L18 needs anything, it was running just fine before we pulled it......... Meh, datsun is datsun fix that bitch yo

Im glad to hear the wago runs good, I knew it would but was still nervously waiting to hear so :lol:

Me too, i never said anything but i was scared shitless the trans would be crap and all this work would be for not....  The goon gets dropped off for a valve adjustment, carb re-jet, and a timing/carb tune tomorrow morning!! should be even better when we get it back!!!! Cant thank you enough for all your help Banner!!!! Seriously man 

It may be fine. I can swear I hear a little noise like the valves need adjustment. Might be fine?  Pings also, but I'm pretty sure I just need to time it and put a better carb on it.  The motor is tits dude, no complaints! I just am paranoid and want to baby it and make sure nothing prematurely goes out lol.  All that work I put into it already...

I know the feeling, its got less than 15k on a full rebuild, should go for fucking ever man