Lady written ticket for Not Speaking English

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK THAT

I think they should get tickets, ENGLISH is the spoken language in america. Learn the fucking language when you come here. They should be required to learn it, and speak at least some of it. I mean really, how are they supposed to read the signs?

Let me guess, they are going to start replacing all the signs with signs that have spanish on it as well? Bullshit!

in mexico they can legally shoot you on sight for illegally crossing the border. Not here in america, its illegal. Hell, in fact, when they cross, america gives jobs, or welfare, free health care, a drivers license, and hell some get free schooling. And say plz dont do it, thats not the right way.

I don't consider my self racist. I don't judge people based on race, and hell i have some mexicans in my family, some black people as well. But if what I believe in (said above) is racist then I guess im guilty. Don't care really either :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

I am a commercial truck driver and it is the law country wide that you must speak English . The dot department of transportation will shut you down in your tracks if you can not speak English . It is the law nation wide ..........

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post
FUCK THAT

I think they should get tickets, ENGLISH is the spoken language in america. Learn the fucking language when you come here. They should be required to learn it, and speak at least some of it. I mean really, how are they supposed to read the signs?

Let me guess, they are going to start replacing all the signs with signs that have spanish on it as well? Bullshit!

in mexico they can legally shoot you on sight for illegally crossing the border. Not here in america, its illegal. Hell, in fact, when they cross, america gives jobs, or welfare, free health care, a drivers license, and hell some get free schooling. And say plz dont do it, thats not the right way.

I don't consider my self racist. I don't judge people based on race, and hell i have some mexicans in my family, some black people as well. But if what I believe in (said above) is racist then I guess im guilty. Don't care really either :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

People who come here illegally regardless of race shouldn't be given things that our own people are lacking. They should be patched up if it is putting their life in danger and sent home for further treatment.

As for the driving thing, anyone with a license in their own country following this nations laws should be allowed to drive.. Just as it is for me to drive in their nation.

FUCK THAT

first of all.....if this person has a drivers license, its universal to know the shape and color of a stop sign, also the one way, no U turn, etc, etc.....if that license was given in the US, then the responsibility is from the authorities to grant a person this permission without knowing the language.

Ive seen a lot of US citizens and been with them too, that dont understand a word of spanish and they do drive well.

I am a commercial truck driver and it is the law country wide that you must speak English . The dot department of transportation will shut you down in your tracks if you can not speak English . It is the law nation wide ..........

but you're talking about a professional license, I believe thats ok because of the responsibility on the road.

I always love it when people are like, well they clean your toilets and stuff you dont want to do. But right now id clean a shitter for 8 bucks a hour just to have a fucking job you know. People in our country are hurting for jobs, yet alot of them get it. I had this happen to me 3 weeks ago actually, i was interviewing for a job, a driving job that i have PLENTY of experience in, more than enough to have landed that job. The guy before me could barley speak english, had no driving exp on his resume that i could see, and the vp came out and they were like hey man shaking hands and speaking spanish all happy like. THen my time came for the interview and the vp didnt ask me a single question, was just cold to me. Next day i get a call telling me the position had been filled, Im not racist at all, but i beleive that people who grew up here and came here legally deserve jobs compared to those who came here most illegaly and dont deserve the jobs.

You should be required to speak English to be living here in my honest opinion not just drive or drive commercially. I'm not like a language nazi or anything, if someone is trying I make the maximum effort to understand and help them I even speak what spanish or w/e I know back as to help bridge the gap....

When I go into Target though and the signs are in Spanish 1st then English 2nd and the announcements are just in Spanish there is a problem.

When I go to the dmv and the GOVERNMENT workers speak better Spanish then English there is a problem.

When I see the written drivers test given in Spanish there is a problem.

As for driving, being able to speak and or read the language just isn't for signs. Yes some signs are universal but you know what MANY are not, like work signs where people lives are on the line. How about them getting pulled over not speaking a lick of English? It's just dangerous and irresponsible and the government is flat out catering to it providing the written test in Spanish. That goes for all things not just driving.

It's funny the far left still bitch too. If we went to japan and lived there not knowing the language we would be on out ass in a month, shit out of luck. Same goes for just about all non 3rd world countries. I make the distinction of 3rd world only because in 3rd world countries people are too busy trying to survive then to give a shit, money is the universal language in the 3rd world.

The thread is already turning towards the job market, immigration etc... Thats a large can of worms lol. Unless I'm mistaken we already had one(many) of those threads turn into borderline racist rants.

You should be required to speak English to be living here in my honest opinion not just drive or drive commercially. I'm not like a language nazi or anything, if someone is trying I make the maximum effort to understand and help them I even speak what spanish or w/e I know back as to help bridge the gap....

When I go into Target though and the signs are in Spanish 1st then English 2nd and the announcements are just in Spanish there is a problem.

When I go to the dmv and the GOVERNMENT workers speak better Spanish then English there is a problem.

As for driving, being able to speak and or read the language just isn't for signs. Yes some signs are universal but you know what MANY are not, like work signs where people lives are on the line. How about them getting pulled over not speaking a lick of English? It's just dangerous and irresponsible and the government is flat out catering to it providing the written test in Spanish. That goes for all things not just driving.

It's funny the far left still bitch too. If we went to japan and lived there not knowing the language we would be on out ass in a month, shit out of luck. Same goes for just about all non 3rd world countries. I make the distinction of 3rd world only because in 3rd world countries people are too busy trying to survive then to give a shit, money is the universal language in the 3rd world.

The thread is already turning towards the job market, immigration etc... Thats a large can of worms lol. Unless I'm mistaken we already had one(many) of those threads turn into borderline racist rants.

Agreed

especially =

I would have not said anything but it was brought up, ya know? probly best to keep politics off the board. But, fuck it the door got opened. I usually never say anything about bs like this either.

I would have not said anything but it was brought up, ya know? probly best to keep politics off the board. But, fuck it the door got opened. I usually never say anything about bs like this either.

Ya it's true, you usually don't, on this topic in general it's good for things to be put out there. When no one says anything and the government itself starts to cater how will things turn out? If you or me or who ever went to a country where all the shit was English would you be in a hurry to learn the native language? Hell no lol. I honestly don't blame the people coming in that don't learn, ya it's their responsibility but jesus if we made it any easier for them not to have to.....

*cough*agent alpha*cough*

There's a pill for that cough :D

Ya it's true, you usually don't, on this topic in general it's good for things to be put out there. When no one says anything and the government itself starts to cater how will things turn out? If you or me or who ever went to a country where all the shit was English would you be in a hurry to learn the native language? Hell no lol. I honestly don't blame the people coming in that don't learn, ya it's their responsibility but jesus if we made it any easier for them not to have to.....

There's a pill for that cough :D

Word. they do make it to easy :D

oh well, anyways. Rant over for me. Gonna be getting my 1980 4x4 going next weekend. cant wait :D

It is said that illegals make more jobs than take. Who is giving them welfare checks? "County employees like me" Who is feeding them and taking care of them? "doctors/farmers/the employed" We live in a society were we depend on one another. They need us and we need them.

They got a job because maybe they just try harder? Living really POOR really breaks a person. They want more than just having NOTHING. Admit it... They want it more than us, that is why they take our jobs. They don't care for healthcare or anything like that. Minimum wage in any job is better than Mexico or other poor countries.

Also its not hard to learn English. Its just Spanish is so much harder with all those weird vowels. Look at the differences of the alphabets. There is not much differences.

Spanish: a, b, c, ch, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, ll, m, n,

Edited by Motavated

1st - I agree with you, this is the same thing I do when I meet people from canada or US that usually came here to make Telecom product offers or trainning courses, they give them in english.

2 - This is a real problem, the first time I traveled to the US (years ago), I was trying to speak only english and I bumped a lot a people talking spanish, I really wanted to talk english only.

3 - This is unacceptable, even for me being a Latin, if you're becoming a US citizen, you NEED to talk english as your first language or at least having it in mind, no shortcuts allowed.

Agreed

especially =

yup, Politics and religion, are things you dont have to discuss among friends, those are some messed up themes haha

It is said that illegals make more jobs than take. Who is giving them welfare checks? "County employees like me" Who is feeding them and taking care of them? "doctors/farmers/the employed" We live in a society were we depend on one another. They need us and we need them.

They got a job because maybe they just try harder? Living really POOR really breaks a person. They want more than just having NOTHING. Admit it... They want it more than us, that is why they take our jobs. They don't care for healthcare or anything like that. Minimum wage in any job is better than Mexico or other poor countries.

Also its not hard to learn English. Its just Spanish is so much harder with all those weird vowels. Look at the differences of the alphabets. There is not much differences.

Spanish: a, b, c, ch, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, ll, m, n,

Edited by paradoxx

ok my husband is an FSP driver for the highway patrol. The freeway service patrol is a free service to get stranded drivers off the freeway gas, change tires, tow you off if need be and clear accidents. not a day goes by that my husband doesn't have to chase some non-english speaking moron off the fog line or push him back into the vehicle so he can do his job. all because the guy who can't speak english doesn't realize or care about the fact that there are lives on the line especially my husbands!! (sorry I'm selfish) my husband has been hit 4 times not seriously thank god but the last time was because some asshole that didn't speak english slammed on his brakes in front of a big rig to stop in front of my husbands truck on the side of the freeway and almost got my husband hit by a rig. sorry i carry no sympathy for a language barrier. there is a free ESL class in every city, i say get off their lazy asses and learn! but that's just me...:mad:

You know I think Spanish is easier then English actually. I'm not Spanish but I took it for 3 years in high school. The hard part about Spanish or Latin based languages in general is the verbs. Having like 6 variations of every verb is really hard to get used to. So is speaking what English native speakers would consider backwards. It's not the green 300zx it's a 300zx of green lol. Noun-wise though the language uses the same ones for multiple things and the language itself it very straight forward. Some people think it's too fast a language too but considering how well it flows I really don't think so.

English on the other hand is a conglomerate of 5-10 languages and VERY precise. I mean if you speak it properly anyway. Instead of having to learn 6 variations of some verbs you have to learn thousands upon thousands of words in order to express yourself correctly. Instead of one word meaning a few things like in Latin based languages English has many words that mean that same thing only with slight variations and or origin differences. Compared to a Latin based language like Spanish English is very rigid too and flows about as well as mud.

The subject is all opinion really that just how I see it.

As for immigration I can't help it.....

It's not about immigrants stealing jobs or wanting it more or anything like that. They are factors but they cloud the heart of the issue. When you enter a country illegally you should not be able to work on principal alone. You are entitled to human rights, not the right to work the country for everything you can.

They primarily work off the books for a cut throat price which no native* American can compete with, or should have to for that matter. No matter how hungry he or she is for a job. Statistics still show majority do not pay taxes and a large percentage mail their money home which really hurts the economy. Polls put illegal immigrants at 20ish million, if 1/4 send their pay home you know how much money gets taken out of circulation and how much is not fed back into the economy? When they get sick they go to the hospital, the most expensive option possible, who foots the bill?

I could care less of race, gender creed etc... who ever wants the job the most and is best qualified for it should get it, flat out. This HAS to be done legally though, that's all there is to it. America is great but we are not the top of the rock anymore and we can't afford to be over looking millions a year in lost taxes, lost jobs, or really anything that is detrimental.

Anyone planning on living for an extended period in a foreign country should make a concerted effort to learn the local language and know the laws.

Goes without saying.

If I was moving to where you are I would have to watch all of the Crocodile Du Dee movies alot. HAHA J/K

You know lot of people say English is the hardest, Idk maybe top 20. There is a slew of Asian and European languages that are extremely hard in comparison.

Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, Vietnamese, Filipino, Cantonese etc....

Not only do most have really long alphabets or character charts but they are tonal languages, most people have trouble with flat out grammar if you add tone they are so lost.

Swahili and Arabic are up there too.

Most people say the very hardest is Icelandic. I have checked it out too, it's ridiculous. They used it as a test for a memorization savant, to learn as much as he could on the plain ride over. He had a lot of trouble, from a guy who already speaks a dozen languages and reads books in a single sitting that's saying a lot lol.

They say Hungarian is up there too because it doesn't just use male and female but also neuter genders, also several different verb conjugations. That sort of complicates things haha.

English is definitely up on the list, most languages have like 50k words in it, french is way high, 2nd highest with 250k but English has over a million. We also have the verb come after the noun, most languages have the verb come 1st. I just don't think that alone merits it be towards the top.

Not trying to argue, its just a subject that's always interested me. The origin of English words too, all the words we use every day have an origin and story. I think to know them allows for deeper meaning in the words you choose :-). Not to type though because then you have to know how to spell lol.

Edited by 72240z