Lady written ticket for Not Speaking English

Encourage your kids to be bi-lingual. America has had the privilege of escaping this requirement for many years. Nearly any civilized nation requires and encourages it's citizens to be multi-lingual. The reason is obvious, it's beneficial to the culture as a whole.

Yeah, I'm a white guy. But I lived in Korea, and I learned Korean. I lived in Egypt and learned enough arabic to get around and be civil with people. The American dream is so magnificent that people from all around the world see the opportunities here for what they are. Many of those people go to great lengths, legally and otherwise, to come to this country and benefit from our society.

Here's an interesting article I saw recently:

U.S. Hispanic population to triple by 2050

The only constant is change. If you think Hispanics don't belong in the USA, I'd encourage you to read James Michener's 'Texas'...

People are people. We all want the same things, peace, family, enough to live on, security and hope. That's been my experience anyway...

As for commercial drivers in 2009 having to speak English, it's makes sense. For now.

Edited by nukeday
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about not wanting hispanics in America. Its about people (Mexican, Russian, Canadian, Chinese etc) refusing to assimilate to AMERICAN culture. This country was made great by many different races/cultures that assimilated learned the language, the laws etc.

Edited by nismo dr

I travel literally around the world for work, so I have a good idea of what it's like elsewhere. It's true that a lot of other countries train their children to be bi-lingual, but the second language is almost always English. Why, because English is the standard language for trade. So the fact that we should train our culture to be bi-lingual is kind of a moot point, since the second language would be, ta-da, it would be English anyways.

Now, with that said, I have traveled to many countries where, if you do not speak the local language, they refuse to talk to you. When in France I was told specifically not to go to a sit down restaurant because they will NOT serve me, since I don't speak the language. Do I blame them, no. Am I upset with them, no. Why? Because if you are in any foreign country you NEED to make a serious effort to learn THEIR language. You cannot expect them to cater to you, it's not fair, and it's not right.

I am making an effort to learn Spanish. Not because of the Spanish speakers here, but because when I travel to a Spanish speaking country I should know their language. So if I can do it voluntarily for countries I don't even live in, then people that live here can make an effort to learn English.

The person that made the comment that we make it too easy for them not to learn is totally 100% correct. We allow them to get by without having to learn. But, having traveled all over, I can also say we are the ONLY country that is lenient like this.

I travel literally around the world for work, so I have a good idea of what it's like elsewhere. It's true that a lot of other countries train their children to be bi-lingual, but the second language is almost always English. Why, because English is the standard language for trade. So the fact that we should train our culture to be bi-lingual is kind of a moot point, since the second language would be, ta-da, it would be English anyways.

Now, with that said, I have traveled to many countries where, if you do not speak the local language, they refuse to talk to you. When in France I was told specifically not to go to a sit down restaurant because they will NOT serve me, since I don't speak the language. Do I blame them, no. Am I upset with them, no. Why? Because if you are in any foreign country you NEED to make a serious effort to learn THEIR language. You cannot expect them to cater to you, it's not fair, and it's not right.

I am making an effort to learn Spanish. Not because of the Spanish speakers here, but because when I travel to a Spanish speaking country I should know their language. So if I can do it voluntarily for countries I don't even live in, then people that live here can make an effort to learn English.

The person that made the comment that we make it too easy for them not to learn is totally 100% correct. We allow them to get by without having to learn. But, having traveled all over, I can also say we are the ONLY country that is lenient like this.

yup.

seen alot of people get put out of thier jobs only to be replaced by illegals. Fix the economy by hiring more ins and boarder patrol and start deporting. More jobs that open up more jobs and less people sending money back to other countries. Less people out of work so more money spent which creates even more jobs. Pay for the extra ins and boarder with the reduction in medical cost all these other use of ours from canada to latin americas and asians. all illegals. Free up road congestion and housing. so price will come down to a reasonable amount.

Obama can't see that or just protecting the illegals in his line of kin?

I agree, learn English, it is not that hard!

I was born in Los Angeles and moved to Tijuana as a child and had to learn English when we moved back. It was really not that hard to get the basic stuff out of the way and the rest came natural by watching the Price Is Right alot!

Yes, I must also admit that it did help getting a Bilingual Education to transition me to speaking English and the fact that I had to use it all the time helped quite a bit and that is part of the problem today, they do not have to use English that much! Growing up in San Diego during the 70's as a kid there was no spanish anything and considering how close we live to the border, that is quite amazing.

Now, most of my neighborhood is spanish speaking and almost all business caters to it. Up a few blocks is a high concentration of Vietnamese and other south east asian businesses and the too mostly cater to their languages. It does help when you get here, but, when do you begin to change to your adoptive country and learn the culture you have just moved into?

And for God's Sake, turn down that shitty drug smugglers music!! Now that should be a ticket righ there!! :fu:

seen alot of people get put out of thier jobs only to be replaced by illegals. Fix the economy by hiring more ins and boarder patrol and start deporting. More jobs that open up more jobs and less people sending money back to other countries. Less people out of work so more money spent which creates even more jobs. Pay for the extra ins and boarder with the reduction in medical cost all these other use of ours from canada to latin americas and asians. all illegals. Free up road congestion and housing. so price will come down to a reasonable amount.

Obama can't see that or just protecting the illegals in his line of kin?

What? Really,what are you trying to say.

And it is "Border"

As for this Illegals taking all the jobs shit, that is BULLSHIT!

For years most "Americans" refused to even take such shitty jobs. And now that all the blue collar jobs are going overseas someone has to be blamed. Not the Goverment who let it happen, the greedy fucking companies that made it happen and not the lazy motherfuckers who watched it happen. No, most blame the Illegals!

I never once saw anyone that I knew get in line to be a field worker, low paid factory worker, dish washer, maid, nanny and every other shit job there is! Most American scoffed at that shit and let them take the jobs. Need to dig a hole in the back yard, hire some illegals, they do it cheap and are willing to do the shit work! But, don't let them stand in front of the Home Depot! Funny, I have yet to see one single white, black or asian stand there to try and get some work. Here is the funny part, most of the time I see someone working a corner or freeway off ramp for change, guess what they are? Eh, come on , guess!

What? Really,what are you trying to say.

And it is "Border"

As for this Illegals taking all the jobs shit, that is BULLSHIT!

For years most "Americans" refused to even take such shitty jobs. And now that all the blue collar jobs are going overseas someone has to be blamed. Not the Goverment who let it happen, the greedy fucking companies that made it happen and not the lazy motherfuckers who watched it happen. No, most blame the Illegals!

I never once saw anyone that I knew get in line to be a field worker, low paid factory worker, dish washer, maid, nanny and every other shit job there is! Most American scoffed at that shit and let them take the jobs. Need to dig a hole in the back yard, hire some illegals, they do it cheap and are willing to do the shit work! But, don't let them stand in front of the Home Depot! Funny, I have yet to see one single white, black or asian stand there to try and get some work. Here is the funny part, most of the time I see someone working a corner or freeway off ramp for change, guess what they are? Eh, come on , guess!

Just cause you don't see it in your field (whatever that may be) doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've seen many auto shops push out qualified techs to replaced with $8/hr mekaniks. Employment isn't the only issue, there is the emergency rooms filled with illegals for evey health issue (that couldn't possibly be part of the reason the health care system is screwed is it?). The fact that diseases we had gotten rid of are making a comeback due to un-immunized aliens.

No, I agree, the health care deal is really out of hand and should be shored up.

As for the job issues, well, that is also the employers faults for breaking the law. Laws are on the books for such things but who is enforcing them? Everytime there is a raid now there is an outcry from the bleeding heart liberals on how we are tearing families apart.

Shit, I remember when factory raids where a common thing and nobody batted and eye because it was the norm and it was almost expected.

True, some jobs get lost to illegals, but not many of the type people really want to have.

in today's economy how do you qualify any job as a job an american citizen wouldn't want? I know plenty of people that would be more than willing to work in fields right now just to put food on the table and many of them have college degrees.

welfare, and every other gov't program is under-funded and overwhelmed. the last ratio i heard was 6 out of 10 people on welfare are illegals. not sure its accurate but the idea is astounding.

my mom works at a county hospital and there is never any standing room in the er and the only language you hear is spanish. it bothers me when they call my number in spanish before they realize that my chart is in english.

i feel terrible for those that feel their family is being torn apart, but they should have gone about shit the legal way. If the US is such a wonderful place and the land of opportunity then why not have a little respect for those who worked for it. I don't know a single soldier that fought or lost his life for illegals rights. If you want to be an American got through the steps learn the language and earn your rights as a citizen.

I do industrial maintenance. I have saw many older and ladies. men even let go just for lower paid or contract hispanic labor take thier place. saw them moved to other jobs because next week other labor were going to take thier place in several factories. When they passed the law for papers to be checked and fine the company half or more not show up the next day! saw this from picking oranges to assembly and molding jobs. Try to ask some what is wrong with the machine when you go over to it when called and better know spanish, cambodian or understand hand gestures. Same in housing. will put in a window broke or not because that is all they know to do. Run wire and conduit looks like crap but cheaper and the work is worse. I have stood out with the hispanics to get picked up for work to make an extra buck and went to day labor places with the white and black guys! I do not mind my hispanics that half way know english and have thier family here trying to make a living like i do. That is life. But 15 in a single wide trailer sleeping in shifts is just bringing our economy down with most of the money going south or to asia.

Sorry my spellin' ain't right but lets see ifin you know hydrualics, electric conduit and control wiring, and other as well as i do. Just not on the top of my list to be perfect at it as my welding, refridgeration or other skills. And have learned and adapted to understand quite a bit of spanish.

sorry just lettin' you know and venting a little.

Well, things to keep in mind are that most of them escaped a life of nothing and are trying to support someone or something back home. Some are here because they know how to manipulate the system and are taking advantage of things that where put in place a long time ago when hardly anyone needed the services. Now the systems created to support a few are being overrun and are getting thin.

True, quite a bit of money goes out of the country, but, at the same time quite of it stays here, including taxes that are collected but never refunded!

Trust me, it pisses me off that my parents jumped through all the hoops to get here and start life, pay taxes and raise their kids to be good Americans and someone else is now getting a free ride on their backs! Fuck that!

Immigration rules need a serious overhaul as the does the welfare system. Did you know that Europeans have the strictest rules of anyone to immigrate here due to very old laws on the books.

Ya that's definitely part of it too, both sets of my grand parents names are on the wall at Ellis island. Treated like cattle, 8 people in a 1 bedroom working from 14yo, entire family's killing themselves to conform and make a living here. We all know what people went through though coming here I don't even need to keep listing things....

For peoples families along with my own to have fought and suffered so much to EARN their citizenship LEGALLY then see whats going on today strikes a nerve.

There is more though not mentioned yet. How about American citizens taking for granted everything that comes with it. How many vote? How many keep track of legislation? How many do their part on any level? How many act instead of just talking shit or hell how many even bother to talk shit at all. People are so self consumed in this country, kept ignorant and scared like sheeple. NOTHING gets done here anymore. We can't even get health care for people without retards screaming about death panel nonsense or corporate/lobbyists paid off politicians blocking everything.

This used to be a country of proud people that produced and helped lead the world. Now it's everyone looking to see who's throat they can cut to get ahead. Just about all of the top corps left in this country are based on putting the screws to fellow Americans. Be it quality control or bail outs or business practices etc....

So I mean yes immigration is a problem, a relatively large problem. It pales in comparison though to how lost the actual citizens have become. Maybe if we fixed ourselves 1st the rest would more easily fall in line.

Edited by 72240z

I was eating some hamburgers and this old man was talking about politics... Once done talking to his friend he told me this. I came here for a better life and I got it. This country has done many things for me and my family. But in 45 years I have not seen her this fucked up. We are running this country... We wont be #1 anymore... GOOD LUCK!

You have no idea what it's like trying to be in a kitchen in LA!!! I got dropped from an interview because the pantry guy didn't know english and I didnt know how to say radish etc en sap.

Work in a school cafeteria. You need to pass a test and such. Not full time but its something. Schools are always looking for workers... Usually the test are in English only.

Its not about not wanting hispanics in America. Its about people (Mexican, Russian, Canadian, Chinese etc) refusing to assimilate to AMERICAN culture. This country was made great by many different races/cultures that assimilated learned the language, the laws etc.

Whoa whoa whoa, what!? Canadians 'assimilating' to American culture? We are the closest fucking thing on this whole damn planet to American culture, whether we like it or not. We have your TV, your music, your advertisements, your food, your corporations, frankly, we can't help but to be 'Americanized.'

Y'know, often I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an American and a Canadian in a context such as this, but every now and then, some nationalistic (though as he see's it, patriotic), redneck, racist, narrow-minded fool makes an idiotic comment, and all too often he lightly sprinkles a little politically correct on top to make it seem as though he isn't any of the above mentioned things. And it's at this point I am reminded why the rest of the world refers to this as an 'American' point of view, it may not be shared by everyone, but there's certainly enough idiots out there to fool the rest of the world. If WE aren't close enough to your culture to make you happy, then no one is, and you mustn't be asking for people to 'blend' in with your culture but to outright forget THEIR history and adopt yours. You don't mind if they are black, brown, yellow, red or frickin green, so long as they don't act it, right?

Tell me what is so different with Canadian culture that we couldn't possibly fit in in America without 'assimilating' to your 'culture'. Tell me all your misconceptions and I'll fucking school you on Canada.:fu: Because it's fucking sad how little the average American knows about us considering we are your neighbour, we share the longest unmilitarized border in the world and we are your number one trade partner BY FAR. Only recently has China even come close. And I bet that's a surprise to way too many of you. I know all the states and I bet I could name 45 off the top of my head before I started to really scratch my head, I could probably pick out 25 on a map and be pretty damn close on another 15. How many provinces and territories can you name? How bout pick out on a map? How bout without wikipedia?:lol:

Just want to say to all the Americans on here, this isn't targeted at Americans, just ignorant ones. We're all Ratsun brothers here, but someone tells me MY country is wrong, my culture is flawed, and I'm not gonna sit here and take it, would you?

There is this saying that Mexicans are nice jolly people. And so are Canadians... Why not join forces and take over America...

Can an American marry a Canadian and become a legalized Canadian? I am ready at jumping another boarder. I think we already ruined this country. :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa, what!? Canadians 'assimilating' to American culture? We are the closest fucking thing on this whole damn planet to American culture, whether we like it or not. We have your TV, your music, your advertisements, your food, your corporations, frankly, we can't help but to be 'Americanized.'

WHAT? You guys better step your game up! I want to see some shit health care. I want to see some corporate lobbyist control damn it! Throw some trash in the streets, your way to god damn clean. You better get those violent crime rates up too, so many guns and so few murders??!!! Now how the hell is that American? Wtf is with your strong currency and stable economy? Not using drugs as a scape goat? Boy, some nerve you guys got, American pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gain some damn weight too..... if your under 200lb your not healthy. Thats the American way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by 72240z
WHAT? You guys better step your game up! I want to see some shit health care. I want to see some corporate lobbyist control damn it! Throw some trash in the streets, your way to god damn clean. You better get those violent crime rates up too, so many guns and so few murders??!!! Now how the hell is that American? Wtf is with your strong currency and stable economy? Not using drugs as a scape goat? Boy, some nerve you guys got, American pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gain some damn weight too..... if your under 200lb your not healthy. Thats the American way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

!!!!!!11!!!! :lol::fu:

Word bird