DatsunLove

Rising sun?

If its your first time trying to do this, I think its a good idea if you start small like your gas cap cover

I wanna do this on my 720 hood.

What kind of paint do you guys recommend? My 720 is already red/burgundy so i would just need to get white paint.

post a pic of your truck.

as for brands of paint, i tend to go rustoleum or duplicolor. but just pick one of them and stick with it. dont mix brands.

do you still have a good clear coat on your truck or is it faded?

you may want to sand the clear off where you are going to paint if so, and re clear after you paint it.

TS11_r134_05.jpg

that stupid mack truck bulldog is off and replaced with a regular Nissan hamburger emblem to cover the holes. Colour is a bit darker in person.

to tell you the truth with how nice your paint is, i would go to the junkyard and find an extra hood to paint on. just got to find a nice red to match your truck.

Dig the machine gun bumper metalmonkey :lol:

Looks good Jass :cool:

I did one awhile back on my gas door.

RisingSun.jpg

Ended up rerattle canning my car when my brother was visiting me so we redid the rising sun on my door, my friend and my brother took artistic liberties with the sun. Don't think it's to bad.

IMG_4867.jpg

most apealing to me, nice choice

lol a the few who didn't seem to measure at all. I love the underhood idea.. esp for cars that may be too nice for the job, but still want it. That's what I'll be doing on my Z now that this thread has motivated me, not that it's too nice or anything :P I'll post some photoshop renders up some day soon, too. A key that a lot of people seem to miss is that the rays and the negative, white space should be the same width.

I think the re-work looks much better, freekwonder!

Forgot to post mine.

DSC_0003.jpg

Are those duel black penises protruding from the left and right of your fog lamps.

Are those duel black penises protruding from the left and right of your fog lamps.

No, those have been long established as dual gatling guns.

• Like 1

has anyone painted the underside of the hood a rising sun? the paint on the top of my hood is pretty good in my opion but i have thought about doing the underside of it. but i think that the frame for the hood may make it look weird....anyone done this?

didnt read threw this thread did you....

ya you got me, i read the first and last page. i went back through and saw 78kingcab's hood and it looks pretty good....

No, those have been long established as dual gatling guns.

Gatling guns have more than one barrel.........

SNC11201.JPG

SNC11202.JPG

oops camera was in wrong setting, just rememberd (complete manual, somehow they came out though...)

that looks sick! 2011-11-19192957.jpg the red one wore of, the silver one is almost wore off. I was thinking of doing a neon contast one , I want to do a blood splatter one as well.

When I first joined ratsun I painted my coffee table, finaly wore in.

2011-11-22162032.jpg