Rising sun?

sick620

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, do you ever have any hesitation of displaying that, knowing what the ww2 vets think of when they see the rising sun? I know what it means in itself, vey cool and all, but do any regret what it means to people that fought for us? I don't think it's right to tell people what to do or think, I'd hate anyone telling me that, just wondering if you hadn't thought about it, or it's the true meaning that makes you want to decorate your Datsuns that way, or both. Obviously, i'm not anti Japan (Definitely not anti american :) ), look what my favorite vehicle is, My grandpa, after he fought in WW2, bought a Datsun and loved it (they were barely involved in the war, even as any kind of support vehicle btw). Just a little question burning in my mind, that I thought I might as well ask. Love the design itself and the true meaning of it btw :)

Guest kamakazi620

Just curious, do you ever have any hesitation of displaying that, knowing what the ww2 vets think of when they see the rising sun? I know what it means in itself, vey cool and all, but do any regret what it means to people that fought for us? I don't think it's right to tell people what to do or think, I'd hate anyone telling me that, just wondering if you hadn't thought about it, or it's the true meaning that makes you want to decorate your Datsuns that way, or both. Obviously, i'm not anti Japan (Definitely not anti american :) ), look what my favorite vehicle is, My grandpa, after he fought in WW2, bought a Datsun and loved it (they were barely involved in the war, even as any kind of support vehicle btw). Just a little question burning in my mind, that I thought I might as well ask. Love the design itself and the true meaning of it btw :)

There are alot of ww2 vets that HATE that flag but,We dropped 2 Fuckin NUKES on them and they DONT hate us in fact they LOVE are culture,I say to the narrow minded ignorat Inbred fuckers that give shit for the rising sun flag GROW the FUCK up!!!! their the same redneck(i is a little)that waves the Dixie flag and bitches about the Japanese flag???? they mostly live on the west coast and have NO idea what the dixie/rebel flag MEANS it's MORE racist Than the Swastika!!!!!!!!! the swastika was stolen from native americans.... My 2 cents on this NOT stepping on toes NO OFFENCE Intended WHATSOEVER.....................................YO!

• Like 1

There are alot of ww2 vets that HATE that flag but,We dropped 2 Fuckin NUKES on them and they DONT hate us in fact they LOVE are culture,I say to the narrow minded ignorat Inbred fuckers that give shit for the rising sun flag GROW the FUCK up!!!! their the same redneck(i is a little)that waves the Dixie flag and bitches about the Japanese flag???? they mostly live on the west coast and have NO idea what the dixie/rebel flag MEANS it's MORE racist Than the Swastika!!!!!!!!! the swastika was stolen from native americans.... My 2 cents on this NOT stepping on toes NO OFFENCE Intended WHATSOEVER.....................................YO!

Nah, none taken, I asked for opinions, how could I be pissed you got one :)? They do remember Hiroshima the same as we remember pearl harbor. "A day that lives on in infamy" I for one prefer the rats and wrenches, but that's just me, I have my reasons, but I'll never do the dixie flag, or the Nazi symbol either. Anyone else can of course, do as they please, this is the free country right?

There are people that will be offended by anything. I am not one of them. The question that I have dropped now was about offending a certain dying group that has good reason to be offended by that. Truth is, they fought for our freedom. This is one of them. The american flag would be offensive in Nazi controlled united states too, but that wouldn't be allowed to be displayed, i'm sure. Now back to your badass rising suns :)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

might not be the rising sun, maybe almost american standard to hippies and the daisy flower but i did a lil research and came across this imperial emperor seal and thought it was quit interesting. rising sun is more military and navy oreinted, this was the seal of japan and thought, if done right would look pretty good some where on a datto. what do you guys think??0a67afdc.jpg

• Like 1