Project "Gravel Pusher"

DatDoug

Here is a sneak peak @ my 521 that I re-aquired after 5years & 3 different owners. First is a pic of it when I first had it.

lilred002.jpg[/img]

Then I sold it to my neighbor Jerol and he lowered it and the hood is my first rising sun attempt:eek:

Jerols521-1.jpg[/img]

This is how it sat when I went to pick it up in Bellevue from ImInked

FiVe2oNe002.jpg[/img]

Me taking a break in the bed:D

FiVe2oNe003.jpg[/img]

After my Buddy Greg (Rat Tail Dragger) laid a coat of Primer Oxide Red on it.

RustyRed2-521.jpg[/img]

RustyRed521.jpg[/img]

That is it for now. More to come tho in the near future:cool:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a lil more work on the Five to One today. R.T.D. put some flames on her and we painted the roof white. Got the hood braced as it was broken in the middle back. Painted it and the tailgate. Next is to put it all together and get some new white-walls for it and roll to the BBQ in Bremerton the 19th:D

gravelpusher.jpg[/img]

gravelpusher2.jpg[/img]

hoodbrace.jpg[/img]

Seen alot of these in old hotrods & always liked it. Thot would be cool in my 521 so I pulled these seat from a parts truck I yanked out of the sticks and cut an old mexi-blanket I had and went at it. First time doing anything like this. What do ya think?:cool:

MexiSeat2.jpg[/img]

MexiSeat.jpg[/img]

Guest DatsuNoob
i lookedpretty cool in bare metal, but that would be impossible to sustain. of course it looks good in primer! and no prep work needed i guess! why "gravel pusher"? sharknose style airdam in the future? :lol:

That's what I though originally but it may infact be possible since POR-15 makes a clear coat. Lookin good Doug!

The POR 510 clear coat works great. It's actually a 2 part epoxy, and super hard when cured. The front door of my house is a metal school door, which I stripped and etched with a grinder, then coated it with the clear POR-15. Been like that for 3+ years now. Granted I live in AZ, but still, there's absolutely zero signs of degradation.

i would have just cleared coated the raw metal. it looked bad ass like that.

If you like it so much then you should do yours. I too thot it looked pretty cool, but I live in the Great NorthWet & bare metal & moisture does not play well together:blink: