What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

Can't remember for sure but I think the ones I got came out of the West Coast (maybe). Falken Ziex.

Should paint a set of my steelies red, get an extra set of tires and throw them on around Christmas time.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The previous owner of my Sunny had just got a set of Yokohama 12" tires just before I purchased the car.  Not sure where he got them from, but I still have all 4 rims, tires, lug nuts, and hubcaps for it...

Edited by Duncan
12 hours ago, Duncan said:

The previous owner of my Sunny had just got a set of Yokohama 12" tires just before I purchased the car.  Not sure where he got them from, but I still have all 4 rims, tires, lug nuts, and hubcaps for it...

But, no tires?

You were running 13" wheels/tires on that Sunny, right?

2 hours ago, KELMO said:

But, no tires?

You were running 13" wheels/tires on that Sunny, right?

I did mention that I still have the tires 🙂 

I also had a set of Minilite 13's that were usually mounted on the car.  I went to a few concours-type shows and I put the 12's on with the wide whites.

I don't want to ship them, but I'd give a 1200 owner the rims, tires, and lugnuts if they could use them. They're taking up space in my garage, and I can't see any use for them again.  The tires are old, but that have no rot or cracking at all. (At least the last time I looked.)

wwtires.jpg

Edited by Duncan
  • Thanks 1

Going to your house in a weekend damn near killed me and that was 7 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is puss.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yet more. Initial test fitting, I've got some minor bracing underneath and I'll want to cover with carpet or similar at some point. Still need to either source or make the rear inner plastic garnish to cover the rear lights. 

Also, have this to go on later once I do some final bodywork and paint on the rear panel. The whole rear lip where the weatherseal goes was completely rusted out, I hand formed the correct angle and spot welded it back in. Still needs some final sanding and blending. Might paint the back panel black too but haven't decided yet.

Finally managed to get a duplicate title ordered too. As soon as that arrives it'll be closer to getting it registered.

rear1200 floor.jpg

rearemblem.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Now with weatherstripping and carpet. Probably going to cram an inverter and 12v and USB charging ports and some other stuff in and around the battery. Have some parts to install a Bluetooth receiver and speakers coming in the mail. Mostly just waiting on the title to show up so I can get it registered in Oregon. Will probably retrofit in some headrests for the rear seat and then cover the back with fiberboard and/or carpet. Idea is to set this up for roadtrips and camping outings.

1200 trunk - Copy.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
7 hours ago, KELMO said:

Little jealous of that rear emblem.

Not promising anything, but I seem to recall I had a rather nice one knocking around here spmewhere.  I'll take a look-see for you.  Although I would love it, my chances of owning another 1200 are realistically slim-to-none at this point.

Also, I had the same badge on my rhd 1200, but it had an "S" instead of a "D".  It was tatty looking, and I used Testors model paint to re-color it, and it looked really good.  Just a handy tip for freshening up the old one.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Duncan said:

It was tatty looking, and I used Testors model paint to re-color it

I did the same thing to the one on the grey car.

6 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

The S one is what all the cool kids rock.  😁

Not sure I could be that cool.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, KELMO said:

I did the same thing to the one on the grey car.

Well depending on if you have a resin printer or not... I'm still trying to decide if I want to drop the money on a digital file for the S one.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/datsun-emblem-various

15 hours ago, KELMO said:

If everyone is special, then nobody is special.  😋

I thought about repainting the red white and blue, but in the end just left it all silver. My rear emblem was a used one I found on YJA back in the day. 

large.20180915_132228.jpg.8d5eeb2ea3bfe9

• Like 2